1 & Only Funimation General News (Apps, Website,...) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FUNimation.com Elite subscription

There'd have to be support for Roku devices if I were to be interested in this.

Comment

They'll need a good number of simulcasts before this is really worth it. Probably more than two. But still, I could maybe see myself getting this for the HD.
      The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonpiece View Post
        I'd like to see this develop very fast. As in Iphone/HD tv internet app streaming and PS3 streaming.
        If this service comes available to the PS3, then I will be very tempted in subscribing.
        Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
        Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

via FUNimation.com
          FUNimation.com Elite Subscription launching very soon!

We will be launching our Elite Subscription service for FUNimation.com very soon (like really really soon) so be prepared to look at the site in a whole new and exciting way. You may notice some items starting to show up on the site for subscription, so don't be alarmed. This is totally okay and all part of our plans.

Here are the exclusive perks available ONLY to Elite Subscribers:
          • Watch your anime in HD, commercial-free.
          • Get Uncut and Exclusive Series unavailable to non-subscribers.
          • Gain access to more than 200 shows and movies. That’s over 5500 videos, with 1500+ in HD.
          • Get English Dubs the same day they’re released on DVD and Blu-ray – sometimes even sooner. You’ll have them at least four to five months before they’re available to non-subscribers.
          • Access the Elite Subscriber forum, where you’ll hear breaking news before anyone else.

You will get all this for only $7.95 per month! You will be able to Sign up for a 2 Week FREE Trial to get Instant Access when we kick this off this month.

Comment

I'm interested, but not going to jump in at the moment. There's bound to be kinks that they'll work out once they get subscribers and a smooth system rolling. I'll watch from the sidelines and see if there is a cheaper option, either via quarterly or annual subscriptions. Do like the idea though, just not enough new material at a constant rate to jump in, versus Crunchy for example.

On a side note, was I the only one to get a whiff of CoD Elite? Or maybe I'm just looking forward to MW3 too much .

Comment

Looks great, but I guess I would say that since I have been helping on the test's for the subscription

Comment

While I like what kind of service Funi is providing, I am not going to jump on right away. I need to make sure my computers can handle HD streams from their site first before doing anything, and then there are the kinks that need to be worked out.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I'll give the two week trial a shot and go from there. I want to see if their HD streams are at least comparable to CR. Personally, I'd rather not pay monthly so I'm also hoping for more (yearly) payment options.

Comment

You can now subscribe to FUNimation Elite! http://www.funimation.com/subscribe

I'm currently watching Trigun: Bad Land Rumbles in HD!

Comment

If they get this on gaming platforms I might be interested. Anybody try out the HD streams? Is it really 720p quality?
                      Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
                      Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

Originally posted by bluesilo View Post
                        If they get this on gaming platforms I might be interested.
                        Ditto! I would love an app for the PS3.
                        Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
                        Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

$7.95 a month gets you Netflix streaming, which includes quite a bit of Funi content (though dubbed only for most titles), plus many classic movies like Sukiyaki Western Django and Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Comment

Additional details via FUNimation.com:
                            FUNimation.com Elite Subscription is here!

As mentioned yesterday we are launching our Elite Subscription service today. Like right now, click here to sign up for your 2-week free trial.

Still need more reasons to check out our Elite Subscription service than we talked about yesterday? Here are just a few other things to consider:
                            • Watch Freezing fully uncut - no more black bars!
                            • Too hot for SD! Watch Rin: Daughers of Mnenosyne exclusively on FUNimation.com's Elite Subscription – in HD!
                            • Watch Fairy Tale episodes in HD, months before anyone online
                            • Trigun Badlands Rumble & Hetalia: Paint it, White coming to FUNimation.com's Elite Subscription in HD this month
                            • Looking for more episodes of Ouran High School Host club on FUNimation.com? We have all of them in HD exclusively on FUNimation.com's Elite Subscription
                            • Uncut Dance in the Vampire Bund, Sekirei, Strike Witches and more now play exclusively on FUNimation.com's Elite Subscription!
                            • Watch simulcasts shows like Fractale and [C] Control in HD

Be sure to check out our catalog highlights. Also, look for the "little red e" that will start showing up on the site in the next couple of days to see content that is available exclusively to Elite Members.

If you want to check out what our HD videos will look like before it signing up you can view some sample videos here.

To celebrate the launch of the Elite Subscription service Rojas and I will be holding a live broadcast Q&A next Monday night (11/7) at 6pm central time. We will be taking questions from you guys via our Facebook page, Twitter page, as well as the FUNimation blog. We will be giving out prizes to each question we answer during the event. So take the weekend to think up some good questions as you start to enjoy the new subscription service.

Comment

Looks like the site is down now sadly due to traffic.

Comment

If that $7.95 included Funi uploading a full series (or half set) dubbed before the DVD/Blu ray was released, it'd be great to subscribe from time to time for that. But right now, it's not looking really good for me because I don't really care much for HD nor do I care on watching a new series ASAP.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X