Widgets Magazine

1 & Only Funimation General News (Apps, Website,...) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FUNimation.com (Free & Elite subscription)

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
    Originally posted by Articalys View Post
    For example, on my logged-in non-EVS account, the second episodes of Noragami and D-Frag both pull up an embedded Hulu player for those episodes; is it different for you? Is this happening to anyone else or should I email Funimation about it?

http://www.funimation.com/shows/nora...now-like/anime
    http://www.funimation.com/shows/d-fr...ion-club/anime

I did realize that Ben-To episodes still use the Funi player, but that's probably just because they haven't added the show to Hulu yet. I would try it with other titles that they have video for on their page but not on Hulu, but I don't have any idea if there are more.
    Just like you, I don't have an EVS account and I'm seeing the hulu embeds. I haven't watched a FUNi simulcast on their website since Psycho-Pass, and I noticed then that if I catch the episode within a week of it being uploaded, I would always get the FUNi player. If I waited longer than that, I always got a hulu embed. If the same time limit applies now that non-EVS have to wait a week to watch an episode, I'm guessing I'll never see the FUNi player come up again.
    My situation is the same as tigeress02. I'm a non-EVS and get the Hulu embeds on FUNi's site when the simulcasts are added to Hulu a week or so later. Before FUNi made the change to delaying the simulcasts for free members by a week, I would always get the FUNi player, in SD, the first week or so for the video. Then the Hulu embeds would replace it once it was on Hulu. After the change, I now just wait for the videos to be added to Hulu and watch from Hulu, avoiding FUNi's site altogether.
    My Anime List - My Collection
    Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
    Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
    Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

Okay, so it's been their policy for a while now to switch out the non-EVS videos with Hulu embeds as soon as they're available on the latter service; I thought that might be what it was. Thanks to everyone for confirming.

Comment

While I can't access either streams, I've heard about videos moving from FUNi's playar to Hulu after about a week for a long time, possibly as far back as two big revisions of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Articalys View Post
          Okay, so it's been their policy for a while now to switch out the non-EVS videos with Hulu embeds as soon as they're available on the latter service; I thought that might be what it was. Thanks to everyone for confirming.
          I just figured out that there's a workaround to the Hulu embeds on FUNi's site. If you put the episode you want to watch into your queue and then select the episode from your queue you will get he FUNi player video instead of the Hulu embed. If you just visit the series page and click on the video you want, as a non-EVS member, you will be met with the Hulu embed instead of the FUNi one. Why it is inconsistent like this, I have no clue.
          Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
          Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
          Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/forum/show...n-2-016-Update
            FUNimation 2.016 Update

This week, we've updated the video player! :D Please clear your cache if you are encountering a black screen. We've also made some updates to Profile.
            • Backend fixes and enhancements.
            • The blog articles that you've visited should now display in your Profile under History > Blogs.
            • The items in each subsection in your History (Shows, Videos, Blogs, Profiles) should now be limited to 50 unique items. If an item already exists in your History, then it will be overwritten with a new time stamp for that item.
            • The image for your wish list should now render properly in Internet Explorer.
            • Closed captions are now enabled in the video player. If an English dub video has closed captions, you will be able to display them via the little gear icon to the right of the Full Screen icon. The gear icon will only display if the video has closed captions. If you're a subscriber and at least 17, check out Deadman Wonderland episode 12. :D (No other videos have them for now.)
              http://admin.funimation.com/files/do...04-16_1618.png
            • Videos with a duration of 1 hour or more now display properly in the video player.
            • Implemented a longer buffer on the video player. The buffer will now continue to increase as you play the video and will stop if you pause the video.
            • The white flashes that would appear before the Hulu embed player loaded are now gone.

We might have a few more updates for you tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/forum/show...lank-Player%29
              Video Player Update - 4/16 (Blank Player)

We have made some updates to our video player as of 4/16 to extend the buffer limit.

If you are having difficulty playing videos, either because you are getting a blank screen or because you press the play button and the video does not load at all, please try refreshing the page a few times and see if this will resolve the issue.

If this does not resolve the issue, please clear your browser’s cache.

Once you have done this, if you are still experiencing any issues with video playback, please make a new ticket with the appropriate reason code for the issue that you are experiencing.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you

Comment

FUNimation 2.016 Update
                [...]
                • Implemented a longer buffer on the video player. The buffer will now continue to increase as you play the video and will stop if you pause the video.

[...]
                I was just complaining about this recently, and can happily report that it's well and truly fixed--it'll actually buffer the entire episode if you've got the bandwidth to spare. The one minor annoyance is that seeking will cause the buffer to be reset even if you seek to a point in the video that's already in the buffer, but I can live with that. This one change goes a LONG way towards making their site a decent competitor to Crunchyroll.

Comment

http://www.funimation.com/xboxvideo
                  The FUNIMATION Xbox App is coming!

We have passed the tests and are awaiting Microsoft® approval to release the app. Sign up for updates and alerts on the FUNIMATION Xbox® App.

Comment

Now give me a Playstation app!
                    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Still holding out hope for an Apple TV app.
                      Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                        TheAncientOne over on the Crunchyroll forums stated a FUNimation Admin, Sophie, indicated a possible PlayStation 4 app is in development currently. He provided this link:
                        http://www.funimation.com/forum/show...r-Ps4(I-know-)

In the link, Sophie says:
                        A PS4 app is on the way (it will actually be compatible with PS3 and Vita as well).

Comment

Originally posted by sonic View Post
                          Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post
                          TheAncientOne over on the Crunchyroll forums stated a FUNimation Admin, Sophie, indicated a possible PlayStation 4 app is in development currently. He provided this link:
                          http://www.funimation.com/forum/show...r-Ps4(I-know-)

In the link, Sophie says:
                          A PS4 app is on the way (it will actually be compatible with PS3 and Vita as well).
                          Finally! Vita too? Watching anime on that OLED screen!
                          Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/467757994785382400
                            Xbox app coming soon, and then playstation is next on their agenda. #funimationpanel #ACen2014

Comment

Well, the Funi app is now on Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 (can't confirm if is now on Xbox One since I don't own that system). The app in question seems a little clunky and I can't seem to select individual episodes from my profile queue. For those who the Funi app on other devices, did you have similar trouble with it?

Comment

^ I guess FUNimation forgot to announce it (probably not)? Or it went live prematurely (maybe could have coordinate this better between them and perhaps the developer)?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X