Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] 1 & Only Funimation General News (Apps, Website,...) Thread

Widgets Magazine
    FUNimation.com Elite subscription COMING SOON!
    Coming soon to http://FUNimation.com So fully loaded, it'll blow your mind.

Only $7.95 per month! Sign up for a 2 Week FREE Trial to get Instant Access.

Here are the exclusive perks available ONLY to Elite Subscribers:

· Watch your anime in HD, commercial-free.

· Get Uncut and Exclusive Series unavailable to non-subscribers.

· Gain access to more than 200 shows and movies. That's over 5500 videos, with 1500+ in HD.

· Get English Dubs the same day they're released on DVD and Blu-ray -- sometimes even sooner. You'll have them at least four months before they're available to non-subscribers.

· Access the Elite Subscriber forum, where you'll hear breaking news before anyone else.

· Enter exclusive contests, drawings, and giveaways.

Re: FUNimation.com Elite subscription

So are they only offering a monthly rate? Would be nice if they had a quarterly or yearly option like Crunchyroll and TAN do.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
      So are they only offering a monthly rate? Would be nice if they had a quarterly or yearly option like Crunchyroll and TAN do.
      I would assume they will offer that once it's launched. It doesn't make much sense for them going with only monthly rates.

As for me, I'll probably be passing on this. There isn't enough new materials that will likely interest to warrant the cost.

Comment

Yeah, it is hard to justify paying the same price as Netflix for likely very few simulcasts and an increasingly limited amount of actual new content. I might do it once in awhile for a month at a time when there are multiple newer releases I'd like to watch, but that's about it.
        MAL Profile | My Figure Collection | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by malazar View Post
          I might do it once in awhile for a month at a time when there are multiple newer releases I'd like to watch, but that's about it.
          Yeah, that's about what I was thinking too.

Comment

I might do it once in awhile for a month at a time when there are multiple newer releases I'd like to watch, but that's about it.
            Yeah, same here. CR have way more new simulcasts each season and it cost less...

Comment

Originally posted by Damius View Post
              Yeah, same here. CR have way more new simulcasts each season and it cost less...
              In terms of simulcasts, not the greatest. Just like you, I'll stick with CR.

Otherwise, $7.95 per month to have access to a good chunk of Funi's library isn't bad. It's nice to be able to watch the shows you like and also check out shows and still support the industry.

Comment

Yeah, probably not going for this right off.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I can't see myself getting this. I have never watched anything on FUNi's site and for catalog titles, greatly prefer DVD to streaming.

Comment

No annual subscription I would never join.

The FUNi subscription costs more then "The Anime Network's" subscription and I thought that costs alot, damn

Comment

I have far too many series that are available through free legal streaming in my "backlog" to even think about paying money for a premium streaming service ATM.
                      The casual cosplayer formerly known as Hielostar
                      MyAnimeList/Twitter

Comment

Since this effectively removes the ad revenue barrier this means we in the UK will have finally have access to FUNi shows somewhere other than YouTube, right? Right?

Comment

A single studio can't compete with Netflix at the same price on a monthly basis, but I could see myself paying once or twice a year perhaps. I prefer my PS3 for streaming over my HTPC though, so I might not (unless they made the Elite streaming PS3-friendly).

Comment

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
                            Since this effectively removes the ad revenue barrier this means we in the UK will have finally have access to FUNi shows somewhere other than YouTube, right? Right?

That will probabaly depend on the individual show and whether they have streaming rights in the UK for it.

Comment

I'd like to see this develop very fast. As in Iphone/HD tv internet app streaming and PS3 streaming.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X