X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...lu-ray-and-dvd
    It's been an exciting Anime Expo so far, and for those of you who were at our panel today, know that we are super excited to announce that Crunchyroll has acquired the rights for merchandise and home video for the smash-hit Kabaneri!

[...]

Crunchyroll is excited to announce our entry into the home video market with the following upcoming English-dubbed Blu-Ray and DVD releases:

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
    Last edited by WTK; 07-01-2016, 09:32 PM.

Re: Crunchyroll licenses Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

We live in strange days. Amazon is a streaming licensee and Crunchyroll will now be doing home video rights. And presumably will sell their discs through Amazon among others.
    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

That sure was a strange that that happened there. Crunchyroll, a company devoted to streaming, gets the home video license for a show that's exclusively streaming on Amazon. A home video release for this show was pretty much a done deal, but I never thought that it would end up with CR of all places. That was quite a big acquisition seeing that it is by the same guys who did Attack on Titan and this show pretty much just like it.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
      Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Those of us without Amazon streaming subscriptions should find encouragement in this, and not having that particular subscription I ought to be among them. Unfortunately, I have the uneasy impression a considerable portion of everyone else's initial enthusiasm leaked away over the course of the streaming...

Comment

Re: Crunchyroll / Funimation licenses Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...p-announcement
          Finally, we will be working together to distribute Crunchyroll titles through Blu-ray, DVD, and Download-to-Own, both dubbed and subbed. Currently planned titles include Ace Attorney, Alderamin on the Sky, Bungo Stray Dogs, JOKER GAME, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and ReLIFE, with more to be announced in the future, so stay tuned for announcements on availability and street dates.
          http://www.funimation.com/blog/crunc...ccess-to-anime
          And further, Funimation will now distribute Crunchyroll’s titles through home video and a variety of EST outlets, with both dubbed and subtitled versions together. Currently planned titles include Ace Attorney, Alderamin on the Sky, Bungo Stray Dogs, JOKER GAME, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and ReLIFE, with more to be announced in the future.

Comment

While it's pretty straightforward that with this new partnership that the subs go on Crunchyroll while dubs go to Funimation, this is a unique situation as Amazon has the exclusive streaming rights to this show, so I would have to think that the dub is coming to Amazon video soon. The interesting thing will be who will handle the dub for this. Seeing that it is just like Attack on Titan that I'm hoping to see Mike McFarland directing this, but we shall see about that as there are still a lot of things that have to be figured out as the amount of dubbing projects Funimation is handling just skyrocketed.
            Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

As the title with the current weirdest rights situation, I'm very curious to see what ends up where. Seeing it as the only title on the list without a Crunchyroll page is so bizarre.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Kabaneri will be getting a sequel that will air sometime in 2018. Seeing that Wit got a boatload of cash from the Fuji TV deal with Amazon that it was bound to happen with this show being from the same guys who did Attack on Titan, and they could easy produce a second season and still have money to spare. The way the show was adapted definitely had a second season in mind, so I was expecting to see it coming.

Comment

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Exclusive Theatrical Release

Comment

Just a reminder, ticket purchase link should be coming via email for Crunchyroll Premium Member.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Exclusive Theatrical Release

We are very excited to announce Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Exclusive Theatrical Release as the first Anime Movie Night film! This double feature will be a compilation of the original TV series, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, told over two parts:

Part 1: Light That Gathers

Part 2: Life That Burns

Come back March 24th to purchase your tickets and see locations near you that will be showing the film. If you are Crunchyroll Premium Member, you will have early access to purchase tickets on March 21st. Keep an eye out for an e-mail with information on how to purchase tickets early.

Comment

^ http://screenvisionmedia.com/events/...-iron-fortress

Comment

US Official Trailer | Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Exclusive Theatrical Release

Comment

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/statu...30451587858432

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Limited & Standard Editions
                          Coming to Blu-ray + DVD Combo

Stay tuned for the English dub cast announcement
                          Last edited by WTK; 10-05-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Seeing that this show has the same production team as Attack on Titan that a LE was going to happen even if the show went off the tracks at the end (and hopefully it gets back on the tracks with the sequel). The bigger question is going to be how the dub is going to be available through streams as Amazon has the exclusive streaming rights. The most likely scenario is that Amazon will carry it and if so, whether it goes to Anime Strike or not as this show pre-existed that channel. There are a lot of questions ahead in regards to shows that are Amazon exclusives.

Comment

via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 1/16/18
                              - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...ombo-bld-00633
                              Special Features: Promo Videos, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
                              Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 300 minutes - $84.98 - 1/16/18
                              - https://www.funimation.com/shop/home...s-le-bld-00632
                              Special Features: Promo Videos, Textless Opening & Closing Songs, Trailers
                              Last edited by WTK; 10-26-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X