Widgets Magazine

Aniplex of America licenses Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least with these rereleases it should bring the price of the Funimation sets back down again on the used market. Then I might be able to replace my part 2 as the spine is creased, which normally I can deal with but with the foil artwork it catches the light. Then again I had plenty of chances to replace it in the past but didn't so...
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
      It annoyed me when Viz did this...
      And they still do this, both Sailor Moon movies are missing song subs and with the exception of most of the character songs in Make Up Sailor Guardians, these too were already translated.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
        I have to say, while these sets are super nice, I'm pretty pissed that at $200 Aniplex is so lazy that they couldn't put subs in for the songs. Is that the norm for them?
        The songs are subbed on the clean OPs and EDs.
        "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

• I don't really care if the OP or ED songs are subtitled or not - when they are, the translations make no sense anyway, or at best are laughable. Besides, I prefer to marathon series on Blu-ray, so I always use the remote to skip past the OP, ED, and Previews for every single episode; I may sometimes watch them once, during the first episode, but that is usually more than enough for me. I have no interest in viewing the OP and ED just like I absolutely never watch any extras on disc, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post

The songs are subbed on the clean OPs and EDs.
            Good to know, didn't think to look there. It's better than nothing at least.
            Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

Sorry for wanting to know song translations? Sometimes you can't find song translations on the web. Sometimes songs are important to the plot and it helps to know what's being said.
              I'm with Gundamcero on this one. Sometimes having the lyrics on the screen is down right distracting when I'm trying to watch a show. Though, they should at least include the lyrics in a booklet or something for those that want to see them.
              I'm a gamer first, fanboy second. :D

Comment

• I never finished getting all the FUNimation releases for FMA:B (only up to set 2) because I was never happy with the generic way it was released and wanted a nice box set for the series. When I heard AoA got the licences I was over the moon and I am not disappointed with this release. Cleaner subs, noticeably better video, original JP credits and finally a proper 16bit JP audio track. There is no 5.1 Dub audio as on FUNi's release but that was a upmix to being with and a minor drawback to an otherwise excellent release. This is easily the definitive version of the series to own.
                ~My Anime Collection~

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimension_Tripper View Post
                  There is no 5.1 Dub audio as on FUNi's release
                  That right there killed any chance of me buying these sets down the line. This series came out in the late 2000s, there is no excuse for any show to not have 5.1 audio. I hate it when the Japanese tracks are only in stereo.
                  I'm a gamer first, fanboy second. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post

That right there killed any chance of me buying these sets down the line. This series came out in the late 2000s, there is no excuse for any show to not have 5.1 audio. I hate it when the Japanese tracks are only in stereo.
                    The reason why Japanese typically have stereo is because most homes in Japan are too small to have 5.1 therefore there is no point. Learned that from a column ob ANN.
                    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

• My two FMA:B sets are finally preparing for shipment from TOM. Really looking forward to getting these. I guess the extra few week's wait was worth it to save $40 on the two sets. I sold off my two-part Funi set a couple months ago, but I do still own a copy of their 5-part set.

Comment

• While Aniplex does strive to deliver us the same quality product as Japanese releases get for their BD releases, unfortunately there are some aspects that are beyond their control, and I do realize that this was made way back in the day when BDs were just getting started. That said, I'm a bit disappointed hearing these things coming out of this release as I thought that with their price tag and Aniplex's mission that it would be perfect, however, it's still something I look to get down the line at some point.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
                        Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Diakia89 View Post

The reason why Japanese typically have stereo is because most homes in Japan are too small to have 5.1 therefore there is no point. Learned that from a column ob ANN.
                          Plus in the case of the English dub, FUNi's upmixes have always been terrible so it's no real loss here not to have it in 5.1.
                          Last edited by NJ_; 11-30-2018, 01:50 AM.
                          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• Yeah, you'll get about as good a result just by setting your processor to one of its built-in surround modes. A 5.1 dub track is irrelevant to me anyway, as I don't use a dub to watch anime.

Comment

• Did they just actually redub the entire show with a new cast or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaelTanzer View Post
                                Did they just actually redub the entire show with a new cast or something?
                                Nope, it's the same dub from Funimation. What is being discussed is the audio quality as there isn't a 5.1 mix for this. Aniplex usually has it, but because they were not in charge of the dubbing process that they only have this to go on.
                                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
                                Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
                                Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X