Clear All

• [US BD] Aniplex of America licenses Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.aniplexusa.com/fmabrotherhood

16:48:47 <bay|AX|Aniplex> Full metal alchemist: brotherhood
    16:48:53 <bay|AX|Aniplex> coming soon to stream on crunchyroll

18:06:42 <bay|AX|Crunchyroll> Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    18:06:45 <bay|AX|Crunchyroll> both sub and dub is coming this summer
    Last edited by WTK; 08-10-2018, 03:10 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

16:48:47 <bay|AX|Aniplex> Full metal alchemist: brotherhood
    16:48:53 <bay|AX|Aniplex> coming soon to stream on crunchyroll
    FINALLY I can stream the whole thing! Hope that means the movie, too.

Comment

Funimation still hass the movie for awhile.
      "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Oh really? I thought it was part of the license deal. Well, if that's the case it should still be on Netflix for a bit, then.

Comment

18:06:42 <bay|AX|Crunchyroll> Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
          18:06:45 <bay|AX|Crunchyroll> both sub and dub is coming this summer

Comment

To bad they won't allow FUNimation to atleast stream it. For now anyways.

Comment

At the very least, the show is streaming once again and that future generations can enjoy this amazing show that's considered to be the GOAT. But nevertheless, that was an expected move seeing that Aniplex is trying to rake in whatever they can get seeing that this show was given to Funimation well before Aniplex thought of becoming a distributor themselves. It will be interesting to see what kind of release they have planned seeing that with 64 episodes, any kind of release by them is going to cost quite a lot for the whole thing. The price is generally $150 per cour for bilingual release leading to a price tag of $750, but while it will be super-expensive, I don't think it will be that much given the show's age. I'm hoping that it can get a release that will justify its price tag much like what Funimation did with the original series, but I don't see that happening.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ellenoir Seiran, Endro~!
              Watching: Machiavellism, La Verite, Shining Hearts, Buso Renkin, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well this is certainly a surprise, was not expecting this. Though who knows if we have another Rurouni Kenshin on our hands. It streams well (#3 all-time for Aniplex on Hulu despite it being the Sony dub), but they won't ever put it out themselves.
                Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

i doubt there will be a physical release anytime soon with all the cheaper FUNimation copies still floating around.

Comment

Well Collection 2 on Blu-ray is gone nearly everywhere and already goes for $90+... The FUNimation Shop is like the only place that still has it, and they somehow still have the original parts.
                    Useful MAL Blog Entries | MAL | Anime-Planet | FilmAF | Manga | MFC | PSN: Videogameaddict2 | XBL: BigOnAnime94

Comment

Originally posted by Vash1306 View Post
                      To bad they won't allow FUNimation to atleast stream it. For now anyways.
                      Yeah, it's still annoying they did this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                        It streams well (#3 all-time for Aniplex on Hulu despite it being the Sony dub)
                        Dang, I feel like I've come across this fact before (it shows on Hulu that I've watched a bit of the first episode, probably to check what dub they had before), but that's still really strange, when they have the Bang Zoom dub on Crunchyroll.

Comment

Well the show was originally first put up on Hulu by Crackle before switching to Aniplex. They're using those same uploads with no changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnAnime View Post
                            Well the show was originally first put up on Hulu by Crackle before switching to Aniplex. They're using those same uploads with no changes.
                            Ah, then that makes more sense. I guess for whatever reason it must have been too much trouble for Aniplex to get the BZ version uploaded on Hulu. Either way, it works out well for fans who happen to want to try both dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shez View Post
                              Oh really? I thought it was part of the license deal. Well, if that's the case it should still be on Netflix for a bit, then.
                              It's no longer on Netflix.

Series page (http://www.aniplexusa.com/fmabrotherhood) now mentions streaming coming soon.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X