Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Love Live! Sunshine!! / Nijigasaki High School Idol Club / Superstar!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Funimation licenses Love Live! Sunshine!! / Nijigasaki High School Idol Club / Superstar!!

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.funimation.com/shows/love-live-sunshine | Publisher: Bandai Visual

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/...he-one-for-you | http://www.funimation.com/p/summer

Love Live! Sunshine!! | U.S. and Canada only.
    Nothing is more appealing than the bright, sparkling world of School Idols! The girls of Uranohoshi Girls’ High School are swept into idol fever, wanting nothing more than to become the next-best School Idol group. And they plan to do just that. Chika Takami brings together eight of her classmates to form Aqours, their own idol group. As long as they don’t give up, any dream can come true!
    Last edited by WTK; 09-15-2017, 12:11 PM.

Re: Funimation licenses Love Live! Sunshine!!

Well…that was unexpected. It would seem that the market is working to crowd out NISA from doing another anime release in the near term.

Of course, this is a bigger risk than one might think. Love Live! was great, but this show looks like it's "Send in the Clones." Of course, we need to see episode 1 before rushing to judgment, but they didn't make too much of an effort to make the new characters look all that much different from the old ones.
    Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
    Casual

Comment

Well, if Crunchyroll doesn't get to stream LLS then I might have to be forced to buy a subscription to FUNi's site .
      Currently Watching | MAL Profile
      Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Wait....what? This better get a dub, Funi. Good thing I have Funi sub.
        Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Well that was very unexpected. I guess NIS are kinda done with Anime huh?
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
            Well that was very unexpected. I guess NIS are kinda done with Anime huh?
            Seems like it to me. If NISA couldn't pick this title up they're pretty much finished in the anime market.
            Currently Watching | MAL Profile
            Let's make anime great again!

Comment

They'll be at AX though.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                They'll be at AX though.
                To promote their games. Every guest and promotion has been game-related. The industry panel doesn't even mention anime. NIS America is showing every sign that they no longer license anime.

Comment

Well, this was unexpected, but I'm glad to see it. This is my most anticipated show of summer.

Comment

Damn. At least they gave us dubbed Love Live!.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                      Wait....what? This better get a dub, Funi. Good thing I have Funi sub.
                      Given how popular the main franchise was for NISA, I would be really surprised if FUNi didn't dub it (maybe even a broadcast dub). Even since they've started sub-only releases, they've dubbed many things I'd think are more niche than this. I expect them to do it in-house, though, so if there are any cameos we may see roles being recast.

Comment

I just want a premium edition Funimation, if you do have home video rights... I do not want to have Love Live Sunshine in just a freaking bare o-sleeve slipcover.

Well, Love Live is becoming a powerful force in the US so, there is a high chance in my opinion that they can give a premium edition! But this is like the second time Funimation just jumped on the hype train and license a popular title, like FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by lolitsronald View Post
                          I just want a premium edition Funimation, if you do have home video rights... I do not want to have Love Live Sunshine in just a freaking bare o-sleeve slipcover.

Well, Love Live is becoming a powerful force in the US so, there is a high chance in my opinion that they can give a premium edition! But this is like the second time Funimation just jumped on the hype train and license a popular title, like FREE!
                          I'd be surprised if they did it but the Dragon Ball Z Rock The Dragon set was basically the longbox NIS premium editions so they could do it to match the NIS editions even.
                          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

im not sure what to say if this since Funi has a tendency to add in unneeded memes in their recent dubs

Comment

I haven't watched a thing Funimation has streamed since the end of 2011, when I dropped Guilty Crown and Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing, discouraged by how negative everyone else had become on those series. Since then, the perpetual disdain for their streaming services has kept me from signing up with them, which has been a definite factor in how few of their shows I seem to be buying these days... I'd like to think this could be a tipping point at last, but for some reason I keep thinking of how many of Sunrise's Gundam "alternative universe" shows have wound up in the doghouse of fan opinion in the last decade, and also of how I'm planning to go on a vacation in August, and how interruptions in watching a show streaming never seem to go well for me... (I spent several days replacing the tiles on my floors this season, and that was enough to make me drop Kiznaiver after four episodes while trying to catch up from that.)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X