• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Bleach

Widgets Magazine
    Bleach: Set 1 (Blu-ray) - 675 minutes - $54.97 - 7/19/16
    Bleach Set 1 contains episodes 1-27.

Special Features: Art Gallery, Clean Endings, Bonus: Behind the Scenes of Bleach (interviews with English cast).

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese with English subtitles.

via ACen (https://www.periscope.tv/Sailor_Moon_NA/1YqJDllBQYBJV):

Bleach is coming to Blu-ray. Japanese master used. Set 1 (27 eps in 4 discs) with foil packaging in July. Kon's omakes will be dubbed.

To be worked by same team that did the Death Note Blu-ray.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-21-2016, 06:41 PM.

Re: Bleach

I have been hoping for something more like SD Blu Ray so we can have these longer running shows take up less space.

For example the original Naruto series could probably fit on 8-10 Blu Ray Discs with Dual Audio and be released in 1-4 sets. I'd buy a LE version that came in nice packaging for example but only took up 2-3 BD cases on the shelf.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Hmm...I'll think about it. The first 3 seasons were good so I may double dip on those. The rest of it I'll stream...someday.

Comment

Well if Death Note's upscale proved anything, it's that Subatomic can pull off something decent (for the first time ever in that case).

It's good to know that Viz is including the Kon's Corner omakes that were missing from the later DVDs but a major question about this release wasn't answered at the panel and that is if the 16:9 episodes will all be in their original format because the DVDs had some of them cropped to 4:3 so I hope they answer this soon.
        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

I could see myself picking up the first few sets up to episode 63 once I hear how good an upscale it is. While I was massively disappointed in the quality of the series beyond that point, episodes 1-63 are really solid stuff IMHO.
          Avatar: Sena Kashiwazaki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends
          Currently Watching: Bakemonogatari, Beyond the Boundary
          My anime collection: http://doctordoom85.filmaf.com/owned/anime
          My figure collection: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Doom85

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
            Well if Death Note's upscale proved anything, it's that Subatomic can pull off something decent (for the first time ever in that case).

It's good to know that Viz is including the Kon's Corner omakes that were missing from the later DVDs but a major question about this release wasn't answered at the panel and that is if the 16:9 episodes will all be in their original format because the DVDs had some of them cropped to 4:3 so I hope they answer this soon.
            Even if we get a set every other month or so (for a super long-runner like Bleach I can't see them even attempt a monthly release, bi-monthly is even pushing it IMHO), it'll be a while before that becomes an issue.

Comment

Hopefully this turns out more like a Death Note than a Sailor Moon quality. I never finished the show though I did transfer over to the manga. Might pick up the first few sets through the Soul Society Arc for the nostalgia (plus I remember it being pretty good albeit for when I was a kid). Though that all depends on the upscale/remaster.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I didn't think this would happen seeing that I'm not sure how many people there are going to be willing to use up their shelf space for a 366 episode series. It will be interesting to see how Viz decides to release the episodes whether it be to keep it consistent at ~27 episodes per release or make adjustments depending on the arcs (and in particular, releasing the filler arcs in collections separate from the canonical material).
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Ellenoir Seiran, Endro~!
                Watching: Machiavellism, La Verite, Shining Hearts, Buso Renkin, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  I didn't think this would happen seeing that I'm not sure how many people there are going to be willing to use up their shelf space for a 366 episode series. It will be interesting to see how Viz decides to release the episodes whether it be to keep it consistent at ~27 episodes per release or make adjustments depending on the arcs (and in particular, releasing the filler arcs in collections separate from the canonical material).
                  If they keep it consistent at ~27 episodes, it would take four sets to get to the Arrancar arc. One of either the third or fourth set would need a 28th episode added on to keep the last episode of the Bount Assault arc from spilling over onto the fifth set. The first two sets and likely the first BD of the third set (if 9 episodes on that disc) would get through the Soul Society arc. There would still be 14-15 episodes leftover at the end going this way, so some of the later sets would likely get fewer episodes and try to adjust to arcs if possible.
                  Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
                  My Anime Collection

Comment

Two-cour releases on Blu-ray by the team that did the Death Note Blu-ray? Sure, I can put it on my list. This is basically the kind of release I was waiting for to ever start buying the series.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter
                    FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Char said each BD set will have at least 27 episodes. (From Momocon Viz panel)

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                        Char said each BD set will have at least 27 episodes. (From Momocon Viz panel)
                        So that's what, 7 or 8 discs that will have the first 63 episodes and the rest of that third set will have the beginning of the Bount filler?
                        Last edited by NJ_; 05-28-2016, 06:06 PM.
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

BLEACH Set 1 Blu-ray Official Trailer- Coming 7-19-16
                          Contains episodes 1-27 on 4 Blu-ray discs with metallic foil packaging and reversible cover.

Original 4X3 video
                          Languages- Japanese with English subtitles, English dubbed
                          Special features include- Art gallery, Clean endings, Behind the Scenes of BLEACH

Comment

Looks outstanding. WIll definitely order! :D

Comment

'Not available in your country' . Times like this I wished I lived in the US lol.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X