Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Nan Desu Kan 2011 Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Nan Desu Kan 2011 (9/9 - 9/11/11 @ Denver, CO) | Program Schedule / Program Guide | bayoab feed

Robotech Archaeology | Friday, September 10th @ 8:00 PM
    Join Harmony Gold’s Kevin McKeever as he takes a look at the colorful history of the Robotech franchise.

Bandai Industry Panel | Saturday, September 10th @ 11:00 AM
    Bandai Entertainment, the premier distributor of Japanese animation on DVD and programming for television broadcast in North America, is back at NDK! Join representative Loy Fruel for a look at new and favorite titles.
    Vic Mignogna Q&A | Saturday, September 10th @ 12:00 PM
    We’re excited to welcome Vic back, by popular demand! Join him as he takes your questions and discusses his experience in voice acting. He might even offer sneak peaks for upcoming projects.

Behind-the-Scenes of FUNimation | Saturday, September 10th @ 2:00 PM
    Co-hosted by FUNimation Entertainment’s Director of DVD and Blu-ray Production, Clarine Harp and ADR Director/Writer Patrick Seitz, this panel will go over inner workings and challenges of producing the anime you know and love. You will be taken through the production process to gain a better understanding on topics such as extra features, release schedules, translations, quality control, producing DVD and Blu-ray discs and more.
    Robotech and the Legacy of Carl Macek | Saturday, September 10th @ 4:00 PM
    Tommy Yune, director of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles, and actor Tony Oliver (the voice of Rich Hunter) covers the history ofthe television series that introduced a generation to anime, and discusses new releases in the wake of the announcement of the live action feature film. We will also remember Carl Macek, the original producerof Robotech who started this whole phenomenon.

Robotech Free-For-All | Sunday, September 11th @ 12:00 PM
    Did you miss Saturday’s panel? Do you still have questions about the past, present or future of Robotech? Here is your chance as Harmony Gold’s Tommy Yune and Steve Yun open the floor to fans in a town hall-style discussion!
    Gundam Unicorn With Michael Sinterniklaas and Stephanie Sheh | Sunday, September 11th @ 3:00 PM
    Join voice actor, writer and director Michael Sinterniklaas and voice actress and writer Stephanie Sheh to discuss Mobile Suit Gundam UC. Set within the Gundam franchise’soriginal Universal Century canon, it’s also known as Gundam Unicorn. The Bandai series adapts Harutoshi Fuku’s novels into a big budget space war of mecha and ideals.

Re: Nan Desu Kan 2011 Discussion Thread

I cannot wait as I am hosting Endings in Anime, The History of Super Sentai, and Voltron vs Golion vs Dairugger XV panels. In fact, one of my friends just finished putting together all of the clips I'm going to be showing and the things we inserted into them are hysterical.

Comment

Robotech town hall discussion. A contentious company with a contentious license taking part in a historically contentious discussion format. I'm almost disappointed I won't be able to attend. Almost.
      Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
        Robotech town hall discussion. A contentious company with a contentious license taking part in a historically contentious discussion format. I'm almost disappointed I won't be able to attend. Almost.
        Except the people who attend the Robotech panels are never the kind who will ask contentious questions.

Comment

Originally posted by bayoab View Post
          Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
          Except the people who attend the Robotech panels are never the kind who will ask contentious questions.
          I would assume some disgruntled Macross fans might show up, but who knows.
          Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

No license announcements from Bandai Ent.

13:17:03 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Turn A Gundam
            13:17:06 <bay|NDK|Bandai> 2011 release
            13:17:10 <bay|NDK|Bandai> one of the most unique designs
            13:17:26 <bay|NDK|Bandai> we're going to start releasing this in 2011 for sure

13:21:28 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Next up is Star Driver
            13:21:34 <bay|NDK|Bandai> we're going to be releasing it on bluray and dvd
            13:21:43 <bay|NDK|Bandai> the release date we're going to be announcing soon but can't say it here today
            13:21:58 <bay|NDK|Bandai> (so Otakon = no date, Baltiport = date, here = no date????)

13:24:52 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Next is Tekken Blood Vengeance
            13:25:02 <bay|NDK|Bandai> we're releasing the DVD
            13:25:10 <bay|NDK|Bandai> namco bandai games is releasing it as a hybrid with tekken tag hd

13:26:44 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Nichijou
            13:27:06 <bay|NDK|Bandai> we haven't received any materials yet so all i have is the opening

13:28:48 <bay|NDK|Bandai> last title is Gosick
            13:28:55 <bay|NDK|Bandai> again, no materials, so here is the opening

Comment

13:30:51 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Gundam Age to america?
              13:31:02 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A; We're in discussion but we haven't finalized anything with Sunrise.

13:31:11 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Anything more released for Geass.
              13:31:26 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: So far we've only done S1 in legends, S2 has been released, we're aware of the new season but no plans yet for america

13:33:03 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Releasing double zeta gundam and x?
              13:33:10 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: We want to release all the gundam we can, but right now, now plans for either.

13:33:45 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Akira re-release... which dub?
              13:33:58 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: Unfortunately, we're not allowed to release the streamline dub in america, so it will include the pioneer one

13:34:35 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Turn A gundam dubbbed?
              13:34:37 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: Sub only
              13:34:47 <bay|NDK|Bandai> plan to release it in 4 parts i think, first part should be this year
              13:35:05 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Want to say probably december

13:35:19 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: is bandai planning to license more .hack series?
              13:35:30 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: Currently no plans to at this point.

13:35:47 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Finish up older titles like Banner of the Stars series?
              13:36:03 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: haven't pickedf up Banner of Stars 3, don't think there are any plans for the rest of the banner of the stars series

13:36:32 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Any plans to re-release out of print titles like Scrapped princess?
              13:36:38 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A; unfortunately the license to sutepri expired

Comment

So...if Bandai is taking back the release date they said for Star Driver(which was weird to begin with because they said 2012 when they first announced having it)...I'm assuming they changed their minds and decided to dub it after all.

Only thing that makes sense to me...either that or their PR department has even more miscommunication issues than Viz.
                Last edited by Alphanega; 09-10-2011, 12:43 PM.
                "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                  So...if Bandai is taking back the release date the said for Star Driver(which was weird to begin with because they said 2012 when they first announced having it)...I'm assuming they changed their minds and decided to dub it after all.

Only thing that makes sense to me...either that or their PR department has even more miscommunication issues than Viz.
                  It was noted during "Baltiport" as targeted for November '11. I think (Napton?) probably let one slip since it was not mentioned during Otakon.

They are not saying anything today is probably they are saving it for NYAF (that is if the November solicitation doesn't reveal it beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                    So...if Bandai is taking back the release date the said for Star Driver(which was weird to begin with because they said 2012 when they first announced having it)...I'm assuming they changed their minds and decided to dub it after all.

It was noted during "Baltiport" as targeted for November '11. I think (Napton?) probably let one slip since it was not mentioned during Otakon.

They are not saying anything today is probably they are saving it for NYAF (that is if the November solicitation doesn't reveal it beforehand.
                    I re-asked about it. Pretty much nailed it in the above.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                      13:33:45 <bay|NDK|Bandai> Q: Akira re-release... which dub?
                      13:33:58 <bay|NDK|Bandai> A: Unfortunately, we're not allowed to release the streamline dub in america, so it will include the pioneer one
                      Well this kills any reason to triple-dip for me so i'll stick with my Pioneer LE DVD set & Honneamise Blu-ray thank you very much.
                      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
                      "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
                      "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
                      "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

Well, there wasn't any real news from the Bandai panel, but I'm not surprised. This was a pretty minor convention, and it would have been a bit unusual for them to have announced anything. So what's the next convention that Bandai will be attending? NYAF?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
                          So what's the next convention that Bandai will be attending? NYAF?
                          I don't know if they will be at AWA (FUNimation will be there; and likely Aniplex and Sentai). NYAF should be their next convention.

Comment

I don't understand why Turn A is next year when it was supposed to be thi syear.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                              I don't understand why Turn A is next year when it was supposed to be thi syear.
                              Because this is Bandai. Is any further explanation needed?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X