X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

Widgets Magazine
    via FUNimation.com
    If you attended our industry panel at AnimeFest on Saturday, you got an extra special treat as surprise guest, Ian Sinclair, announced the main cast for the Legend of Legendary Heroes. Don't worry, he had our full permission. So, without further adieu, here are your Legendary cast members:

Ferris - Luci Christian
    Ryner - Ian Sinclair
    Sion - Eric Vale
    Miran - J. Michael Tatum

We fully expect this dub to be Legen....wait for it...dary!

Look for the Legend of Legendary Heroes on Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Spring 2012.
    via ANN
    Funimation Plans The Legend of the Legendary Heroes DVD/BD

posted on 2011-09-06 11:00 EDT

TV anime of Takaya Kagami's fantasy novels to ship in dubbed/subbed combo next spring

The North American anime distributor Funimation confirmed with ANN that it will release The Legend of the Legendary Heroes (Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu) anime series in a DVD/Blu-ray Disc combo set next spring. The release will include English dubbing and subtitles. Funimation had made the announcement at the AnimeFest convention this past weekend...
    Last edited by WTK; 09-06-2011, 02:58 PM.

Re: The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

I'm of two minds about this. I liked some of the show. I like the idea of it being dubbed. But I was not entirely enamored of the show and there were parts that dragged and parts that made little sense in terms of trying to tell an interesting story.
    Avatar: Craft Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
    Scratchy for Tama is angry.
    Casually Reviewing: ???

Comment

At the moment, I'm still undecided on this series. I never watched the streaming. I guess I will decided on it sometime after the actual product solicitation.

With the length of the series (24 episodes), I would assume that this will be released in two sets. And from the looks of it, the Blu-ray / DVD combo configuration looks to be staying for 2012 (at least for the first part of the year).

Comment

I watched the streaming and I liked the show enough to buy it whenever FUNi decides to release it. Now announce more rights to Rainbow!

Comment

I generally enjoyed LotLH, though it's got something of a dud ending--not really surprising, since it's based on a fairly long light novel series.

Hard to say whether this will ultimately be a buy. I'm not exactly hankering for the series at present, and I'll likely care even less, once Funi finally gets these discs out the door in 2012.
          Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Not a series that interest me, but it's great for the fans.

Comment

I gave up on the series because the story wasn't motivating. That and it doesn't help after awhile the female lead got on my nerves sometimes. So I'll be passing on this show.

Comment

I actually liked the first half of The Legend of the Legendary Heroes I found a lot of the characters fun and some of the situations amusing. The problem was that the show was extremely inconsistent. It would vacillate between comedy that was way too silly and drama that was way over the top. When it got the balance right it was pretty entertaining but it really didn't help that the show doesn't really have much of a plot. There are reasons why the characters are doing stuff and interacting with each other but no overall shape for where the story is going or what it is really trying to accomplish. In other words, stuff just keeps happening. I found it enjoyable for the first half but it was just way too frustrating for me in the second half when characters start falling out of the sky and popping out of the woodwork.

So I will certainly get the first set. Since I am a bit of a completionist I will probably also get the second set and add it to my collection of shows whose second half I never watch like My Bride is a mermaid and The wallflower and Pandora Hearts.
                Last edited by lesterf1020; 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Hmm... I haven't watched it, and I'm not sure if I will. Until I do, it's a definite 'no' for a purchase. That doesn't mean that it won't end up on my shelves at some point in the future, but it's pretty darned unlikely at this point.

I might be open to more US purchases if I stopped importing. If the yen keeps getting worse, that could be what I end up doing. ^_^

Comment

via TRSI...
                    Last edited by WTK; 02-04-2012, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Part 1 - Screenshots via Blu-ray.com
                      Last edited by WTK; 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Part 2 - Screenshots via Blu-ray.com

Comment

Someone's unboxing video

Note for Part 1 (combo LE): pre-pack bonus is 1 taro card (stored inside the spacer)

Comment

Part 2 has a pre-pack bonus of a single tarot card too (inside the blu-ray case).

Comment

Review on Parts 1 and 2 from blu-raydefinition.com

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X