Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks licenses When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace”

HOUSTON, APRIL 20, 2016Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest acquisition, When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace. One day, a group of four girls and one boy in the literature club experienced an incredible power awakening within them. With that, they dove into an exciting world of high-powered magical battles to defend humanity… or did they? With their daily lives remaining mostly peaceful, they find that they can use their powers fairly wastefully. The curtain opens on a story filled with comedy, love, and, of course, supernatural battles!

The anime is based on original work by Kota Nozomi (GA BUNKO/ SB Creative Corp.), with original illustration by 029. Masahiko Otsuka was in charge of series composition, as well as helming the show as chief director. Masanori Takahashi was responsible for directing the series, with Satoshi Yamaguchi in charge of character design. Animation Production was by TRIGGER.

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace will soon be available through select digital outlets, with a home video release to follow.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-20-2016, 09:14 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Nice. Sentai has been pretty consistent with getting TV Tokyo titles lately, so figured they would probably get this eventually.

Comment

Huh, I thought this was licensed already.
      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

I guess this means we should be getting the solicitations tomorrow.
        Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

While I thought the show was a bit disappointing, it might be worth buying just for the Hatoko Rant.
          Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
          Scratchy for Tama is angry.
          I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
          Casual

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
            Huh, I thought this was licensed already.
            Same thoughts on Sentai already having this and just waiting on release but I tend to not check on what titles are from TV Tokyo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
              While I thought the show was a bit disappointing, it might be worth buying just for the Hatoko Rant.
              :D Yeah, pretty much. Actually bought a few t-shirts of that rant...gave one as a gift and he thought it was pretty awesome.

Comment

I knew that Sentai had this and that the only reason it has been left unlicensed for so long is because of TV Tokyo's usual policy. So they got Trinity Seven, and now Inou Battle, leaving Girl Friend Beta left from the Fall 2014 season (though not quite something that anybody would want to touch). While Trigger is known for doing crazy things with their unorthodox style of animation, this show is quite normal in comparison. Solicitations for July are coming, and it will be interesting to see what they put out.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying, getting ready for 2022
                Watching: Saiyuki Reload, Arifureta, Edens Zero, One Piece
                Simulcasts: TBD
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                  Originally posted by Hitsugi Amachi View Post
                  :D Yeah, pretty much. Actually bought a few t-shirts of that rant...gave one as a gift and he thought it was pretty awesome.
                  Had to look up this "Hatoko rant" after both of you mentioned it. Wow, now I'm somewhat interested in this show lol.
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

DVD: http://www.rightstufanime.com/When-S...ommonplace-DVD
                    BD: http://www.rightstufanime.com/When-S...nplace-Blu-ray

Title: WHEN SUPERNATURAL BATTLES BECAME COMMOMPLACE COMPLETE COLLECTION
                    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
                    Distributed by: Section23 Films
                    Run Time: 300 min.
                    Street Date: 8/30/2016
                    Format: BD, DVD
                    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
                    SRP: $69.98, $59.98

DVD: Disc 1 (100 min) eps. 1-4; Disc 2 (100 min) eps. 5-8; Disc 3 (100 min) eps. 9-12
                    BD: Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (75 min) eps. 10-12

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
                    Last edited by WTK; 04-21-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Oooh...an English dub! I can't wait to hear whoever voices Hatoko do that scene.
                      Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

Originally posted by Library-chan View Post
                        Oooh...an English dub! I can't wait to hear whoever voices Hatoko do that scene.
                        Wonder how they'll adapt that scene to fit in English considering the content of it.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

screencaps

Comment

Coming Soon in October

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch...me-Commonplace)
                            Friday
                            October 7

Comment

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace - Opening | OVERLAPPERS

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace - Ending | You Gotta Love Me!
                              Slowhand
                              I can pick my own name now!
                              Last edited by Slowhand; 08-20-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X