- DNA2 (dub & sub)
      - Dragon Half (dub & sub)

Comment

• Viewster
        - Beelzebub (eps 1 - 30)

Comment

• http://4NN.cx/.125112
          https://twitter.com/KB_anime/status/939088085173669890

The official Twitter account for the television anime of illustrator Kazasa Sumita (Witchblade Takeru) and storywriter Shinya Murata's (Jackals) Killing Bites manga revealed last Friday that Amazon Prime Video will stream the anime worldwide, and it will exclusively stream the anime's unaired "director's cut." The post did not indicate what would be included in the director's cut.

The anime will premiere on the Animeism programming block on MBS and TBS on January 12 at 26:25 (effectively January 13 at 2:25 a.m.), and on BS-TBS on January 13 at 24:30 (effectively January 14 at 12:30 a.m.). The anime's cast will also appear on a special program for the anime on January 5. The anime will have an advance screening event for the first two episodes at Tokyo's UDX Theater on December 29, and the main cast will appear for a talk show.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTK View Post
            Viewster
            - Beelzebub (eps 1 - 30)
            The remaining episodes were added yesterday.

Comment

• Viewster
              - Gunbster 2: Diebuster
              - true tears

Comment

• Viewster
                - Lily C.A.T. (dub & sub)

Comment

• Amazon just pulled the plug on Anime Strike and now all of the titles can be watched with just a Prime subscription. No wonder Sentai is putting everything into HIDIVE as Amazon did a one-year experimentation with Strike and realized just how poorly thought-out it was. So in the end, one of my predictions came to fruition in that Anime Strike will not maintain its current double paywall model, and while I was at least hoping that they would make it available to those who don't subscribe, this is just like what it is in the rest of the world, especially in Sentai territories where Amazon-exclusive content can be watched with only a Prime subscription, and HIDIVE is where all Sentai stuff can be watched.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                  Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Well, wow. I still hope Sentai will work with Amazon because if they don't, they'll end up being sidelined by CR/Funi and Netflix again and I feel like they won't be getting any big titles any longer. Maybe in the first place Sentai filmworks was super lucky that Amazon popped up with AS. Let's see what happens.

Overall, Amazon are still interested in distributing anime for now, so I'm curious if they'll only go for the shows that are on the Noitamina and Animeism blocks from now on. I wonder for how long the block exclusivity deals will last.

Comment

• What anime shows were amazon getting for this season? Now Ill have ti actually book mark pages instead if searching the animestrike page by newest arrivals for episode updates.
                      AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

• Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
                        What anime shows were amazon getting for this season? Now Ill have ti actually book mark pages instead if searching the animestrike page by newest arrivals for episode updates.
                        You can use this cute useful website.

http://www.senpai.moe/?season=winter2018&mode=table

Comment

• This is really bad news all around. Sentai won't have the resources to compete with the Crunchyroll/Funi partnership, especially with Netflix and Amazon still picking up shows. If you look at what they've managed to get for HiDive this season, well, it is not that exciting. If you like the releases and series that Sentai picks up this is bad. I can see them folding within a year. Just look at their massive sales over winter break. They are dumping product for sure. I just hope they stick around long enough so we can get a Made in Abyss physical release.
                          Impassionedcinema Thank You, Sentai! Ef Blu-ray is amazing!
                          Avatar: Shana - Shakugan no Shana (Jun Kuga)

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesilo View Post
                            This is really bad news all around. Sentai won't have the resources to compete with the Crunchyroll/Funi partnership, especially with Netflix and Amazon still picking up shows. If you look at what they've managed to get for HiDive this season, well, it is not that exciting. If you like the releases and series that Sentai picks up this is bad. I can see them folding within a year. Just look at their massive sales over winter break. They are dumping product for sure. I just hope they stick around long enough so we can get a Made in Abyss physical release.
                            I'm sure they'll do at least that much, but it's looking bad for them, there is hope if they still collaborate with Amazon somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluesilo View Post
                              This is really bad news all around. Sentai won't have the resources to compete with the Crunchyroll/Funi partnership, especially with Netflix and Amazon still picking up shows. If you look at what they've managed to get for HiDive this season, well, it is not that exciting. If you like the releases and series that Sentai picks up this is bad. I can see them folding within a year. Just look at their massive sales over winter break. They are dumping product for sure. I just hope they stick around long enough so we can get a Made in Abyss physical release.

They?ve done these for a while now, and the most heavily discounted items were shows that were older and in some cases going out of print. Stuff like the box set sales were generally limited to certain titles for a very short period of time. Though I think they may have gone a bit too far with the number of sales that they do have, I wouldn?t read that much into them.

While Strike?s model wasn?t perfect, it did give Sentai money to compete against CR and Funimation. It also gave them several more titles to release that they may not have been able to pick up on their own. They still have a lot of content streaming on many different services, and several titles that are still awaiting physical releases.

While I could see them scaling back their operations, or even cutting back on jobs, I don?t think they are in any eminent danger of closing. If Media Blasters and Right Stuf can stick around, and DiscoTek can continue, then Sentai shouldn?t have a problem. It definitely increases the uncertainty around the market though.

Comment

• It's worth noting, though, that none of those companies cover the same ground in terms of licenses. Right Stuf and Discotek pretty much focus on older releases, and Media Blasters barely releases anything. While I wouldn't necessarily object to Sentai focusing on older and overlooked titles, that would probably mean they were forced out of the current releases/simulcast market, wouldn't it? Or maybe they could still cut deals to release current titles after the fact, like with Ajin and Knights of Sidonia?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X