• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Discotek Media Acquires A Wind Named Amnesia

Widgets Magazine
    https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...type=3&theater
    New license! A Wind Named Amnesia DVD Release date June 28th 2016

Re: Discotek Media Acquires A Wind Named Amnesia

If this has a better transfer, it'll be a day one pre-order.
    "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
      If this has a better transfer, it'll be a day one pre-order.
      Same here, doubly so if we get new extra's like a commentary
      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

I too will upgrade if it has a new transfer.
        Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Madhouse title (publisher may be them as well). We don't see very many former CPM titles getting license rescued nowadays.

Comment

Me too: if there's enough of a quality improvement or enough extra features I'll upgrade.

Comment

There has to be a quality improvement, folks. I don't know if this title was remastered in Japan or not but like many CPM releases from the time the DVD was encoded from NTSC-PAL-NTSC converted masters. That's why the video on those old CPM DVDs is so nauseatingly soft and the colours are so messed up.
              "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
              -My Collection
              --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Certainly a great pickup by Discotek that should have a huge upgrade in quality given how bad the CPM version is, even for its time.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
                Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
                Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Well i think that authoring DVDs these days is better and cheaper than 10-15 years ago, plus if they use a new master then it's a day one purchase for many of the OVA & old school fans
                  Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Wasn't this one dubbed in Manga UK, too?

That would explain why the video quality would be terrible, especially if they used the NTSC-PAL-NTSC transfer.

Anyway, never saw this, but I heard of it. Is it any good?

(I personally hope Discotek rescues Record of Lodoss War -- it'd be awesome to have that title back in print, especially in BD.)

Comment

Agreed on Lodoss War (both TV & OVA) but wasn't MB the one who picked it after CPM ? Of course i prefer Discotek or Sentai to release it.

For now let's celebrate the new re-license of A Wind Named Amnesia
                      Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
                        Agreed on Lodoss War (both TV & OVA) but wasn't MB the one who picked it after CPM ? Of course i prefer Discotek or Sentai to release it.
                        Media Blasters wanted to give Lodoss a HD remaster, which didn't exist at the time, but the Japanese didn't want to give MB the masters to do the HD version, so MB simply dropped the license after a few years. Since then, Japan did receive a HD remaster for Lodoss.
                        Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                        Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

via TRSI:
                          - A Wind Named Amnesia - 80 minutes - $24.95 - 6/28/16
                          Spoken Languages: English, Japanese with English subtitles.
                          Last edited by WTK; 04-13-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Discotek's release of the film is out there now as it was sold at ACEN over the weekend. I'm wondering if we have had any word on weather this has better video quality than the CPM release? and (though I suspect unlikely) any word on extras?

Comment

Anyone got a copy of this yet? I know me and a few others would definitely upgrade for better VQ?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X