Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

So I want to support this, but I'm very confused how to go about it. I've always used PayPal for my online purchases so the fact that it's not accepted on KS is very shocking to me. I want to donate $60 USD, which is $80 CAD. Are there any easy methods to donate from Canada aside from using a credit card since I don't like the idea of them. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian View Post
      So I want to support this, but I'm very confused how to go about it. I've always used PayPal for my online purchases so the fact that it's not accepted on KS is very shocking to me. I want to donate $60 USD, which is $80 CAD. Are there any easy methods to donate from Canada aside from using a credit card since I don't like the idea of them. Thanks in advance!
      From their FAQ:

Can I pledge with Paypal?
      in Backer Questions / Backing a project

We support most major credit cards, but we do not support payment with Paypal at this time.
      You can try messaging Pied Piper and asking if she may be willing to set up Paypal as an option. Pretty much unless a creator allows another method of payment, it looks like you have to use a credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
        You can try messaging Pied Piper and asking if she may be willing to set up Paypal as an option. Pretty much unless a creator allows another method of payment, it looks like you have to use a credit card.
        Are prepaid credit cards accepted? If so, what is the best one to use?

Comment

Originally posted by canadian View Post
          Originally posted by art-chan View Post
          you can try messaging pied piper and asking if she may be willing to set up paypal as an option. Pretty much unless a creator allows another method of payment, it looks like you have to use a credit card.
          are prepaid credit cards accepted? If so, what is the best one to use?
          1. YES:

What forms of payment can i use to make a pledge?
          In backer questions / backing a project

You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, Mastercard, or American Express. Discover is currently only accepted for US-based projects.

Sorry, but we do not currently accept Maestro, or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.

(The bold is mine. I have no idea why they want $1 more than your pledge amount, other than to make sure you have the funds).

2. I'm not sure about the best one to use since I have never used one for Kickstarter. I would suggest one that doesn't have an activation fee, if you can find one. (In the US, most if not all of them, charge some sort of fee to be activated. I realize you're in Canada, so I'm not sure if the rules are different for you or not).

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
            Originally posted by canadian View Post
            Originally posted by art-chan View Post
            you can try messaging pied piper and asking if she may be willing to set up paypal as an option. Pretty much unless a creator allows another method of payment, it looks like you have to use a credit card.
            are prepaid credit cards accepted? If so, what is the best one to use?
            1. YES:

What forms of payment can i use to make a pledge?
            In backer questions / backing a project

You can use a debit or credit card associated with Visa, Discover, Mastercard, or American Express. Discover is currently only accepted for US-based projects.

Sorry, but we do not currently accept Maestro, or Visa Electron cards. If using a pre-paid credit card, please make sure that the card has a value of at least $1 more than your pledge amount.

(The bold is mine. I have no idea why they want $1 more than your pledge amount, other than to make sure you have the funds).
            Often with buying things like this, they make a small temporary payment on your card to authorise it, which will later be refunded.
            Proudly Part of the Eli-chan Fanclub
            Eardrums be damned, she's so cute!

Find me in the Blogs, on Youtube and occasionally Twitch.

Comment

Two pieces of info that Ann shared in a comment:
              1. Reddit AMA this Monday(4/11) at 9 pm EDT.
              2. Deb Crane will be doing ADR Script.

Comment

And now it's up to $135k with $20k left to go, and just five more backers are needed to reach 1000. Just six days remain. Next milestone reveals Lory's VA at $140k, and then Kyoko at $150k.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files
                Watching: Tensura, Bofuri, Cardfight Vanguard, Zoids Wild
                Simulcasts: MTP, SSW, FRB, HND, JOE, MHA, ZLS, HET, 86E, SWH, TSL, S4D, TYE, TRN, VIV, FRR, 300, JOR, BTT, CUB, MSO
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

It appears we will just barely make the $155K goal, if there is any kind of surge near the end of the campaign - but it's going to be close... I seriously don't expect much of any ending surge for this campaign, and there is no way at all we could possibly make the $185K Blu-ray stretch goal... Dang it, I'd much rather have a good upscale on Blu-ray than a dub I'll never watch, but that's not an option, unfortunately...
                  Last edited by t-Roy; 04-09-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
                    Looks like we will likely make the $155K goal, especially if there is any kind of surge near the end of the campaign - but it's going to be close... I seriously don't expect much of any ending surge for this campaign, and there is no way at all we could possibly make the $185K Blu-ray stretch goal... Dang it, I'd much rather have a good upscale on Blu-ray than a dub I'll never watch, but that's not an option, unfortunately...
                    Think positive! There's always a surge at the end and this particular kickstarter is beating all kinds of odds so I wouldn't rule out the Blu-Ray just yet.

Comment

Think + Think + Think + ...

Comment

Yeah, the way things are going now, it looks like it will reach initial goal at least before last 48 hours. I can see a late surge taking care of the Blu-ray goal and it could reach initial goal with more days to spare.

Comment

I seriously doubt it'll reach the blu-ray goal regardless of a late surge (though I would love to be mistaken). I might pledge in the last day or so. We'll see.
                          My Anime List
                          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

yeah, any late surge is probably not going to be $30K worth of pledges, I just don't see a surge that strong happening - But hopefully I'm completely wrong! If it does comes close, I'll definitely be willing to add additional $$ to my pledge which would not be applied to any of the add-on options, as none of those interest me. Someone also mentioned the possibility of Paypal to donate $$ towards the Blu-ray after the initial pledge period is over. So I guess there may still be a decent chance for us to get the upscale on Blu.

Comment

$140k has been reached. It's now 90% funded. Lory VA reveal soon.

Comment

I backed $60 towards this! I'm certain we will at least meet the required 155K goal.

Also...

April 10th - WE GOT $140,000!!! Next VA milestones is $150K for Marie Takarada and we will be fully funded at $155K!

Lory Takarada will be played by the legendary Richard Epcar, who voiced Batou in Ghost in the Shell, Raiden in the Mortal Kombat series, and Daisuke Jigen in the Lupin the Third franchise.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X