Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Yes I like this idea of announcing VAs every 10k mark. It will help generate more buzz. Campaign is still going smooth. I agree if everyone pledges and they bring in more backers as it has been doing and people participate in their campaign ideas like upping pledges a bluray is definitely in reach.

Comment

The $110k mark has been passed, which means that the VA reveal for Sho will be coming soon.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
      Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

^^^

Sho will be portrayed by Grant George.
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

This campaign is picking up speed! Good choice in casting once again too. :D

Comment

Very close to $120,000 now. Next English VA reveal will be Ren Tsuruga.

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
              https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...erican-release
              It's over the mark now. Currently 873 backers with $120,079 pledged of $155,000 goal.
              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
                Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...erican-release
                It's over the mark now. Currently 873 backers with $120,079 pledged of $155,000 goal.
                Yup. Already posted it in the English Track cast annoucements thread but Robbie Daymond is Ren Tsuruga.

Comment

Glad to see the pace pick up quite nicely after they started these cast announcements every $10k. I haven't seen this show yet, but am somewhat interested. Would love to see the BD happen with a nice upscale. Any news on if they'd consider it down the road even if they don't achieve the stretch goal?
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

No, if they don't make the Blu-ray stretch goal within the Kickstarter, it will never happen. If they don't make the DVD goal, then most likely no North American release of Skip Beat! will ever happen. Ann lost money with her Time of EVE Kickstarter actually, and she said she even kicked in some of her own funds already to help lower the cost of the kickstarter funding goals from what was set for the original Indiegogo Goal, so she's not going to be able to do anything extra that isn't covered under this Kickstarter. If you want the Blu-ray, you gotta pledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                      Glad to see the pace pick up quite nicely after they started these cast announcements every $10k. I haven't seen this show yet, but am somewhat interested. Would love to see the BD happen with a nice upscale. Any news on if they'd consider it down the road even if they don't achieve the stretch goal?
                      I pledged before ever watching the series but I saw the first episode on Crunchyroll on Sunday and it was absolutely fantastic!

Comment

^ Skip Beat made me laugh SO HARD so it was a no-brainer to back it. You're in for a fun ride!

Comment

After finally watching the Time of Eve Movie dub last night I have to say it's one of the best dubs I've ever heard. Every single VA was perfectly casted. Hopefully Skip Beat comes out the same
                          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                            After finally watching the Time of Eve Movie dub last night I have to say it's one of the best dubs I've ever heard. Every single VA was perfectly casted. Hopefully Skip Beat comes out the same
                            I thought the exact same, I originally watched the episodic series from the import set on TRSI, then watching the dub was so much better. Michael Sinterniklaas did such a good job!

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                              Yeah, the dub is definitely great. As for Skip Beat, I think that it will have more of a shoestring budget seeing that it's a two-cour series. So while the talent and staff are there, not having the resources could prove to be an obstacle. There's just 8 days left and $26k left to go, with under $1k to go before Yukihito's VA is revealed, and $11k more for Kyoko's before the project gets off the ground.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

$130k has been reached. Yashiro English VA reveal could come any minute now.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X