Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Originally posted by t-Roy View Post
    ^^^ Yeah, if it's not going to make it all the way to the Blu-ray stretch level, I'll probably be dropping my pledge down to the $60 DVD level, or dropping out completely. I'm not paying $160 for a lame DVD set. I stopped buying DVDs over 8 years ago, when I went totally HD with all my equipment.
    Lame DVD seems harsh given this would be just an upscale.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
      ^^^ Yeah, if it's not going to make it all the way to the Blu-ray stretch level, I'll probably be dropping my pledge down to the $60 DVD level, or dropping out completely. I'm not paying $160 for a lame DVD set. I stopped buying DVDs over 8 years ago, when I went totally HD with all my equipment.
      Lame DVD seems harsh given this would be just an upscale.
      The Blu-ray work would be handled by Justin Sevakis so it should look great even for an upscale.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
        The Blu-ray work would be handled by Justin Sevakis so it should look great even for an upscale.
        Since I'm curious, has it been said whether he would do the DVD authoring work too?

Comment

If this becomes a success bluray would be an easier task for the future that's for sure. I'm with this project all the way. Would dig the bluray stretch goal though. Ann could always leave it open with paypal right? Kind of like how Animeigo does it so further funds can continue.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
            Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
            Since I'm curious, has it been said whether he would do the DVD authoring work too?
            Yeah, Ann's using him for the DVD authoring:

We are also privileged to work with Justin Sevakis at Media OCD for the Blu-ray and DVD authoring, menu design, and upscaling the original SD material for the Blu-ray. Justin did heroic work on the Time of EVE: The Movie release, including subtitle tracks in 10 languages, troubleshooting inverted Hebrew text, and insane menu navigation maneuvers. He is the only person who we trust for the critical work of getting Skip Beat! onto DVD and Blu-ray.
            "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Ah thanks. I feel bad for not even trying to see if it was there on the main Kickstarter page.

Comment

Don't know if anyone heard yet, but the $300 tier + jackets can come in blue too so hurray for choices haha. Campaign is still going smooth so far!

Comment

The Ghost of Anime Sols compels you to support Skip Beat!

Dear Creamy Mami Supporters,

Greetings from Sam Pinansky, founder of Anime Sols and still working hard here in Japan! (Stay tuned for my next crazy business idea coming in 2017!)

I am emailing you today to let you know that a good friend of mine, Ann Yamamoto from Pied Piper, is trying to kickstart a DVD release of Skip Beat!, a really great shoujo anime that was released about 7 years ago.
                  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...erican-release

It's 12 days in and they've already raised $88,000+ dollars out of a $155,000 goal, but there's still a long way to go. I hope you take a look at it!

Ann and Pied Piper were behind the Time of Eve Kickstarter which was extremely successful, and you can take my word for it that she is 110% dedicated to this project, even going so far as to beg me to send out a message to my old contact lists from Anime Sols... I apologize for sending out an unsolicited email like this, I wouldn't consider it except as a favor to a friend like Ann and for a good cause like a decent release of Skip Beat!

Thank you for all you've done to support great anime,
                  Sam Pinansky

P.S. Did you know that I negotiated with TV Tokyo to license Skip Beat for Anime Sols for a similar crowd funding scheme? I ended up not being able to close the deal because the other partners in Anime Sols wouldn't risk paying any money up front. I'm super glad that Pied Piper has taken up the mantle!
                  My semi-beefy DVD collection

Comment

They'll do an English VA reveal if they reach $100,000.

Comment

• Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Yes! We are bringing in some good numbers the past few days. 100k they are releasing a cast announcement! The T-Shirt was voted on as a Love Me logo, possibly might have a character illustration for a 2nd shirt. The jackets are in blue and pink and might have a hoodie now which is being talked about atm. This campaign is awesome!

Comment

$100,000 has been reached. Now at 776 backers.

Comment

Seeing that they are starting to announce VA's for a dub that might not happen, I'm guessing that they are probably just finished up with the audition phase seeing that it's pointless to begin any recording work unless it is known for sure that it will happen. Anyway, that's some good progress there, but there's still quite a lot more that they need to raise to make it happen.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
                          Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The Trending Level on Kicktraq has now dropped down below the $185K Blu-ray stretch goal, at just $183K now... I am a bit worried this Kickstarter is not even going to fund for DVD...

Comment

The Trending Level on Kicktraq has now dropped down below the $185K Blu-ray stretch goal, at just $183K now... I am a bit worried this Kickstarter is not even going to fund for DVD...
                              Yes, but it also exceeded the average number of $ it needs per day to fund today, which is a good sign for its momentum. It is nearly 65% there as far as initial goal. Since typically these things get about a third of their funding on the last 3 days, it is looking rather good on that front. Remember it has at least 13 more days to reach its goal.

Comment

Come on guys, get your pledges in. EVen though it's an upscale a Blu-Ray addition would be lovely too.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X