Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Indiegogo)

Get ready for Noon tomorrow.

Comment

I'm not a backer (yet) as Ive been out of work but I planned to back near the end of the campaign but if theres some big news being announced tomorrow I hope its good news for dub and sub fans. Maybe a big NA company like Funi or something has agreed to shoulder the cost of the dub/anime or something like that?

Comment

Whatever the news is, I'm thinking the campaign probably won't continue the way things are and that a big change is coming. Whether it be to move to Kickstarter, to release this in partnership with a company like Funi, or something else I'm pretty sure that it's going to change the dynamics of this campaign.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
        Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
        Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Hmm...wonder what it is. I'd like to see a partnership of some kind or a move to kickstarter. I'll wait and see what happens.

Comment

Those of us that backed it on Indiegogo got the scoop - there are some changes and it will probably help get the ship right. Keep an eye out on places at Noon tomorrow for the news.

Comment

The Skip Beat relaunch on Kickstarter is live - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rican-release/

Comment

Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

I figured that is what would happen. On the new campaign, the goal is set at $155k, down from $210k on Indegogo. I wonder what they will do about it seeing that it would make sense to cancel it, and tell all backers to put their pledges on Kickstarter, but there's the issue about being charged when you put your pledge in.
                Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Backed it on Kickstarter like I said I would. (Didn't back on Indiegogo).

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                    I figured that is what would happen. On the new campaign, the goal is set at $155k, down from $210k on Indegogo. I wonder what they will do about it seeing that it would make sense to cancel it, and tell all backers to put their pledges on Kickstarter, but there's the issue about being charged when you put your pledge in.
                    Pied Piper is already refunding all IndieGoGo pledges, and notified most (all?) of us about the Kickstarter before it launched so that we could provide feedback (with a note saying the charges would be refunded). I've already got my pledge in on the Kickstarter and it seems to be doing much better than the other campaign already, I hope it keeps up this momentum because I this project and the enthusiasm from the people that are already backing~

Comment

Originally posted by marmaladeboy View Post
                      Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                      Pied Piper is already refunding all IndieGoGo pledges, and notified most (all?) of us about the Kickstarter before it launched so that we could provide feedback (with a note saying the charges would be refunded). I've already got my pledge in on the Kickstarter and it seems to be doing much better than the other campaign already, I hope it keeps up this momentum because I this project and the enthusiasm from the people that are already backing~
                      Yeah, I'm in on Kickstarter for $150 as soon as I get notified of the Indiegogo refund.
                      David
                      Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and happy endings for all! | Avatar: Urara of Seraphim Call | My other addiction

Comment

So two hours in, $13k has been raised in this restarted campaign. I just made a token $1 pledge seeing that I know I can change it later, something that wasn't so clear cut on Indegogo. I'm not really interested in this show, but I did want to support this campaign in some way seeing that my wallet is running on empty.

Comment

It would appear the lower funding goal is down to them dropping the Blu Ray which given it was going to be just an upscale anyway seems like a good choice at this time.

I hope this time it is going to be more successful, still worry about the affect of shutting out international though. Was alright for Escaflowne but that's about as high profile as it gets. Pretty sure having international available was crucial for Time of Eve and the AnimEigo Kickstarters.
                          Last edited by BlaizeV; 03-17-2016, 01:56 PM.
                          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

ANNCast: http://4NN.cx/.99917

Comment

Kickstarter campaign has now surpassed what Indiegogo was doing. Over $25k now.

Comment

Pledged for the $150 Tier, I'm gonna have to use Viabox which they said they're happy with as I can't get it otherwise.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X