Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Indiegogo)

I want to pledge to this, but I don't like that they charge you right away on Indiegogo and that the money gets taken even if they don't meet the funding goal, so I'm planning to go in when it gets down to a day or two to go. I imagine a lot of other folks might feel the same way, so even if it's behind with its pace right now it could still pick up later on. Also, they said if it didn't reach the goal they would extend it, so there's that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sekiraku Bunchou View Post
      I want to pledge to this, but I don't like that they charge you right away on Indiegogo and that the money gets taken even if they don't meet the funding goal, so I'm planning to go in when it gets down to a day or two to go. I imagine a lot of other folks might feel the same way, so even if it's behind with its pace right now it could still pick up later on. Also, they said if it didn't reach the goal they would extend it, so there's that, too.
      That's how I feel too. With Riding Bean and Escaflowne this month, my card is getting pounded. I'm glad I waited because I'd rather wait for a new credit card cycle before pledging if it'll be taken out right away. I want this to succeed but my funds are being REALLY stretched to the limit right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sekiraku Bunchou View Post
        but I don't like that they charge you right away on Indiegogo and that the money gets taken even if they don't meet the funding goal
        That is a discouraging thought. It's really a disadvantage and risk to the buyer to pay upfront, especially if they aren't guaranteed the actual product if the campaign fails. I've 'pre-paid' for products in the past (not through crowdfunding like indiegogo), notably with a certain outlet that specializes in figures; but paying for it immediately also guaranteed me that my order will be fulfilled. It was essentially a deposit for reserving an item what was already planned to be released anyway; not something that has yet to be made (or even 'considered' in some cases) from raised funds.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ANNZac/status/707633314354466816
          ANNCast this week: our guest is Ann Tomoko Yamamoto, the woman behind the Skip Beat kickstarter. Taking questions now!

Comment

Eight days into the campaign, and they are less than 10% of the way funded. So far, only $20.6k has been raised. I would have to think that they would have done a whole lot better if they had used Kickstarter where backers only pay if the project is successful, and not the flexible funding route. Anyway, there's that, and crowdfunding fatigue going on.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
            Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
            Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The flexible funding and being on IndieGoGo has killed this campaign dead it seems. It really should have been on Kickstarter.
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

This makes me really sad =/ and I'm not sure how they can go about fixing it. Like everyone else said Kickstarter probably would have been the best option as I'm SURE the reason its so low is because of the flexable funding/charge right away and they are afraid if it doesn't reach that goal then they lose their money, and eventually that fear is going to lead to a self fulfilling prophecy as it'll end up not getting not funded =/ Not sure what they can do. If they relaunch on kickstarter after the indegogo campaign ends, even if they keep the funds and have the KS goal to be the amount needed minus the indiegogo funds I have no clue if A) KS would allow that B) If the indiegogo fans would go along with that. If they cancelled they Indiegogo then I don't think that would be a good image.

I just really want this to succeed but I fear that it wont even break 100k let alone the near close amount needed to get it done

Comment

Yeah, it's a real shame, I do hope that it turns around but we will only see in the last day or so. Kickstarter would have been an excellent place for this so it's such a shame that this is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DuchessBianca View Post
                    This makes me really sad =/ and I'm not sure how they can go about fixing it. Like everyone else said Kickstarter probably would have been the best option as I'm SURE the reason its so low is because of the flexable funding/charge right away and they are afraid if it doesn't reach that goal then they lose their money, and eventually that fear is going to lead to a self fulfilling prophecy as it'll end up not getting not funded =/ Not sure what they can do. If they relaunch on kickstarter after the indegogo campaign ends, even if they keep the funds and have the KS goal to be the amount needed minus the indiegogo funds I have no clue if A) KS would allow that B) If the indiegogo fans would go along with that. If they cancelled they Indiegogo then I don't think that would be a good image.

I just really want this to succeed but I fear that it wont even break 100k let alone the near close amount needed to get it done
                    FWIW, while Indiegogo charges the money right away, they do offer refunds now (so long as the request is eligible), so the threat of losing money isn't as great anymore.
                    What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

It's really too bad this wasn't put on kickstarter cause I would have jumped on the first day. I want Skip Beat to succeed--but I don't want to use IndieGoGo.

Comment

Screw it - im pledging for the Blu Rays and not waiting. The more of us that use that mentality, the fewer of us that will pledge on that final day because it is so far behind the goal. It's such a wonderful property and I don't want it to miss this chance because all of us are waiting on the fence.

Comment

I really want this one way more than Escaflowne... I pledged in both crowdfunders, but this is the one I care much more about... It's a shame this is lagging behind so much, when Ann's Time of EVE Kickstarter was such a big success and the best anime crowdfunder I have been in yet - and I've been in ten of them, so far... Come on people, let's get your pledges in already - I was in on Day 1 for the $150 tier...
                          Last edited by t-Roy; 03-11-2016, 08:08 PM.

Comment

While us backers were requested not to share any details, there will be a huge announcement regarding this campaign tomorrow!
                            "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Originally posted by Anime_Otaku35 View Post
                              While us backers were requested not to share any details, there will be a huge announcement regarding this campaign tomorrow!
                              I hope that means they are suspending it and bringing to Kickstarter in a month or two. Can't see what else can save it.
                              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Hopefully things will work out okay for the campaign. It seems like this is a nice way to get some series brought over, though still relatively new and needing to be worked out. FUNimation's Escaflowne campaign did amazingly, but I'd worry that this title would be harder to get off ground. So hope Kickstarter or another platform can help meet the goal.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X