Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Indiegogo)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...rica#/comments
    I’m trying to help by spreading the word, but a common question that is asked that I don’t have clear answer for is “What happens to our money if the project doesn’t succeed.” The fear of people getting nothing for their pledge if it doesn’t make it is keeping a few of the people I talk to from pledging until we are closer to success. So if there is a better answer to the question I would love to hear it so I can try to get as many people to back this as possible.

Thank you for being an evangelist for Skip Beat! You know me from Time of EVE. I will not leave rewards unfulfilled.

Comment

Apparently the $150 tier won't be available at retail unfortunately, that's incredibly unfair and especially for international fans.

Comment

Well the campaign is for US/Canada only due to the licensing restrictions. I can see them not wanting to spend the money to put out the deluxe edition in case it does not sell. Plus even when it does go to retail they won't ship it internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by gundamcero View Post
          Plus even when it does go to retail they won't ship it internationally.
          Assuming it goes to Right Stuf and Amazon then yes it very much will.
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Does Indiegogo charge your card initially? Or does it only charge at the end?
            Avatar: Shimarin from Laid Back Camo.

Comment

blaizevincent - That is not true. There are things on rightstuf that they do not ship outside US/Canada. For instance Aniplex titles specifically state this: Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US, Canada, Central America, and South America only. It cannot be shipped to Japan.

Comment

Indiegogo charges you when you pledge. Not at the end.

Comment

blaizevincent - That is not true. There are things on rightstuf that they do not ship outside US/Canada. For instance Aniplex titles specifically state this: Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US, Canada, Central America, and South America only. It cannot be shipped to Japan.
                  You must be new here... The only country TRSI will not ship to for such products is Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by progress View Post
                    You must be new here... The only country TRSI will not ship to for such products is Japan.
                    Yeah what progress says is right though I don't blame you for not knowing especially if you live in the Americas

Comment

And Pied Piper not shipping outside of the US/Canada here is not that strange. Most of the anime publishers in the US don't sell directly to overseas customers (e.g. Funimation shop), yet at the same there are no restriction imposed on retailers. Aniplex is different because they only distribute through a limited number of channels and they have contracts with those retailers that include export restrictions (basically if a retailer would break those terms they would no longer get stock from Aniplex, and they wouldn't be able stock at wholesale prices from other channels).

Comment

For those outside the US/Canada that wish to participate in this campaign, I realize this would add to the total cost, but shouldn't it be possible to use a proxy service to obtain the rewards (such as the website Viabox that I've seen mentioned here)?
                        Last edited by Anime_Otaku35; 03-02-2016, 01:08 PM.
                        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Sorry, I only say it's unfair because there's a very limited window for such an expensive release, which will also have extra charges if we use Viabox. I'll probably pledge at the end and hope I don't go into debt too much, but I have extremely limited funds at the moment.

Comment

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...rica#/comments
                            Hi! I’m considering supporting this campaign more substantially (I donated $1 to be able to leave this comment), and I have a question about the funding. I saw on the campaign’s main page that, even if you don’t quite meet the goal, you’ll try as best you can to stretch what you do have to complete the project. But, what happens if you’re not close enough to your goal to make that happen?

This is an excellent question. If we don't have enough funds to deliver the rewards as promised by March 31, we will extend the campaign. This is my first time on Indiegogo, and I'm discovering that it has a different rhythm than Kickstarter, where you get a big burst at the beginning, and then try also for a big burst at the tail end. For this campaign, I think we are going to see a steady build up as we make casting announcements and reach out to the core Skip Beat fandom.

Comment

Four days in, and this campaign has netted $18k of the $210k needed.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

at this pace it'll only make $135k

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X