Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

It's now OVER $210,000!!!! I wonder if it'll break $220k. I can't wait to see the final tally!

Comment

A reminder - the Kickstarter for Skip Beat! will end tomorrow (Saturday) at 11:58 am (EDT). Double check that your pledge levels include the rewards you want, and that your credit card information is correct. Its 100x easier to fix a problem now, than after the Kickstarter ends.
      • $60 - "Daruma-ya" - The entire series on four dvds, in bare bones packaging
      • $80 - "Daruma-ya" (alt) - The entire series on three Blu-rays, in bare bones packaging
      • $100 - "Kyoko's Classic" - Dvd & Blu-ary combo pack, in nicer packaging
      • $150 - "Kyoko's Revenge" - DVD & Blu-ray combo pack, premium packaging including a chipboard box and art booklet

Additional copies can also be purchased as "add-ons"
      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Originally posted by One Vorlon View Post
        A reminder - the Kickstarter for Skip Beat! will end tomorrow (Saturday) at 11:58 am (EDT). Double check that your pledge levels include the rewards you want, and that your credit card information is correct. Its 100x easier to fix a problem now, than after the Kickstarter ends.
        • $60 - "Daruma-ya" - The entire series on four dvds, in bare bones packaging
        • $80 - "Daruma-ya" (alt) - The entire series on three Blu-rays, in bare bones packaging
        • $100 - "Kyoko's Classic" - Dvd & Blu-ary combo pack, in nicer packaging
        • $150 - "Kyoko's Revenge" - DVD & Blu-ray combo pack, premium packaging including a chipboard box and art booklet

Additional copies can also be purchased as "add-ons"
        Don't forget there's apparently a $10 shipping charge on top of that.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
          Don't forget there's apparently a $10 shipping charge on top of that.
          Well, only $5 for the first two for US.
          Last edited by Asrialys; 04-16-2016, 01:53 AM.
          @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

And it's ended. Final total $224,546

Comment

Originally posted by CheechMonger View Post
              I knew that it would break the stretch goal, but by nearly $40k, I never imagined that considering how it stumbled early in the campaign. Pied Piper sure did pull out all the stops and they listened to all of the feedback. As for the Talento reward, that went unclaimed at $1600.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Latina, If It's For My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
              Watching: Princess Principal, Darling in the FranXX, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Toonami Stuff
              Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Think this shows once and for all where all Anime fundraising campaigns should be from now on.
                Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Originally posted by CheechMonger View Post
                  The PayPal contributions make it over $225,000, but yeah. Pretty awesome.

Comment

Very impressed with how this Kickstarter turned out. Heck it even managed to surpass the original funding goal that was set on the Indiegogo one so hopefully Ann won't have to pay as much out of her pocket for this release. Really excited to see the upcoming "stretch goal poll." Hope this means for the on-disc extras such as commentaries/interviews/bloopers.
                    My Anime List
                    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I'll be happy with whatever extras we get. I'd prefer Japanese side extras, but I'm fully aware TV Tokyo has the final say on that.

I do admit I'm a sucker for bloopers. Some of them from "back in the day" were hysterical.

I'm so happy this turned out so well. To be honest, for a while, I was worried it might not reach the Blu goal, and I never expected it to smash the original IndieGoGo goal, so I'm overjoyed it all played out so well. I'm really looking forward to this release and whatever Ann has in store for us in the future!

Comment

This has been quite the stressful ride, so I'm quite glad to see this campaign end on such a high note! Now I can't wait for all the future updates.
                        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

Wondering if Sevakis is going to include some hidden easter egg(s) like he did with Time of Eve. That should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                            Wondering if Sevakis is going to include some hidden easter egg(s) like he did with Time of Eve. That should be fun.
                            What were the easter eggs on the Time of Eve set? Can't remember if I saw them or not.
                            My Anime List
                            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                              Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
                              What were the easter eggs on the Time of Eve set? Can't remember if I saw them or not.
                              Some short trailers for Aquatic Language and Pale Cocoon

Comment

Some statistics:

Amount Pledged
                                • $225,721 total (so far)
                                • ~ $224,546 (via Kickstarter - closed to new pledges)
                                • ~ $1,175 (via PayPal - open to new pledges)

Sets Pledged For (via Kickstarter):
                                • 1353 sets in all*
                                • ~ 271 "Daruma-ya" DVD sets
                                • ~ 163 "Daruma-ya" Blu-ray sets
                                • ~ 338 "Kyoko's Classic" Blu-ray & DVD combo sets
                                • ~ 581 "Kyoko's Revenge" Blu-ray & DVD combo with chipboard art box

(* Does not include any "add-on" sets or PayPal pledges)

Kickstarter Backers
                                • 1646 Backers
                                • ~ 418 - New to Kickstarter
                                • ~ 1228 - Backed Another Kickstarter Before

Top Ten Cities
                                1) Los Angeles - 33 backers
                                2) Austin - 19 backers
                                3) Toronto (Canada) - 17 backers
                                4) Portland & Seattle (tie) - 15 backers each
                                6) Chicago -13 backers
                                7) Edmonton (Canada) & San Francisco (tie) - 12 backers each
                                9) San Diego - 11 backers
                                10) Minneapolis - 10 backers
                                "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X