Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Pied Piper is already considering stretch goals beyond the Blu-Ray upgrade:

Originally posted by Pied Piper (via Kickstarter)
    •Blooper reel
    •Behind the scenes featurette
    •Dub director and cast audio commentary
    •Marathon mode (option to view episodes w/o OP and ED)
    •and other REALLY exciting bonus features that we can't announce just yet! (pending production committee approval!)
    They have not announced funding levels for any of them yet, although the CEO said it would take approximately $5,000 in additional pledges for the "marathon mode"
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

For me, at least, the marathon mode is worthless. I usually like watching the OP and ED, and for those times when I feel like not, I'd rather just have the option of using the skip button as always (since it can sometimes vary from episode to episode, even in the same sitting, whether I feel like it, or I might want to watch the OP and not the ED or vice versa). All of the other bonus features sound very appealing, though.
      Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 04-14-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I'm sure we'll hit that BD stretch goal within the next few hours!
        "The woman I love burns with jealousy, leaps to conclusions, cries, and turns to ice, but when she laughs, the world is mine." - Yusaku Godai from Maison Ikkoku

Comment

And it's about to happen. Less than $800 left to be raised before the BD happens.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Blu-ray goal has been reached.

Comment

Achieving the Blu-ray goal with more than a whole day left? Color me impressed. Going to be putting in my pledge soon after deciding whether I want to shell out that extra $50 for the artbox.
              My Anime List
              Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

*Dance party!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                  Achieving the Blu-ray goal with more than a whole day left? Color me impressed. Going to be putting in my pledge soon after deciding whether I want to shell out that extra $50 for the artbox.
                  Kaap in mind that the artbox is exclusive to the Kickstarter!

Comment

Keep in mind that the artbox is exclusive to the Kickstarter!

Comment

Kicktraq is now projecting that Skip Beat! will come in between $197,393 and $209,798
                      "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Comment

Been trying to get on to the site to pledge for the Blu-ray. However, it keeps timing out. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes a lot higher than many anticipated.

Comment

And just like that, it is almost at the $200k mark. Certainly, having those add-ons helped a great deal and there's going to be enough cash to add some more great stuff to this.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                          Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Reuben Green View Post
                            Keep in mind that the artbox is exclusive to the Kickstarter!
                            Yeah saw that. Decided to take the plunge and pledged $160 for the artbox tier. I'm such a sucker for artboxes. Looking forward to checking the show out dubbed. Really hope this show is as good as people are saying it is. Think I'm going to go in fresh and not sample any of it off Crunchyroll first.
                            My Anime List
                            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Well, they made it past 200k now. Current funding levels: 1,445 backers with $200,029 pledged of $155,000 goal and 20 hours to go.

I think they will make it to the 210k Indiegogo goal with ease by the end. It's great to see this project doing so well.
                              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                                For me, at least, the marathon mode is worthless. I usually like watching the OP and ED, and for those times when I feel like not, I'd rather just have the option of using the skip button as always
                                Agreed, though I do think there's some value in it where super-long series are concerned, like Dragon Ball or One Piece.
                                "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
                                -My Collection
                                --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X