Widgets Magazine

Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Kickstarter)

Widgets Magazine
    Free streaming still available @ Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/skip-beat

http://www.fandompost.com/2016/02/16...mpaign-for-dub
    Press Release:

San Francisco, CA – February 16, 2016 – Pied Piper, Inc. announces its acquisition of the North America DVD and Blu-ray license for the anime series Skip Beat! with an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign in March to enhance the release. In the 25-episode shojo series, 16-year-old Kyoko Mogami is devastated to learn that her long-time crush Sho Fuwa has been using her as a servant while he waltzes to stardom. She vows to beat him at his own game and joins a rival talent agency, and in the process transforms from a docile people-pleaser to ingenious creative talent. The anime’s riveting story arcs include Kyoko’s discovery of friendship with fellow actress Kanae (“Moko”) Kotonami and her tumultuous relationship with romance-challenged star Ren Tsuruga, who slowly leads her away from revenge and returns her to the path of love.

The Indiegogo campaign will run from March 1st through March 31st and will focus on enhancing the quality of the English dub, which will have Mela Lee (Rin Tohsaka in Fate/Stay: Night, Yuuki Cross in Vampire Knight, Shinku in Rozen Maiden) acting as executive producer along with Cristina Vee (Sailor Mars in Sailor Moon, Homura Akemi in Madoka Magica, Mio Akiyama in K-ON!) and Jason Charles Miller (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Final Fantasy XIV, World of Warcraft, Hellsing, and owner of Central Command Studios). Additional features to be added through stretch goals include behind-the-scenes bonus videos, an all-star voice cast and top creative talent for direction and script adaptation, and other surprise goals to be revealed during the campaign. The rewards include exclusive merchandise and experience-based tiers that pull back the curtain on the localization and dub production process.

Links:
    Indiegogo Coming Soon page:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/s...ca/coming_soon

https://twitter.com/piedinc
    https://www.facebook.com/piedinc
    https://www.instagram.com/piedinc/
    https://jp.pinterest.com/piedinc/
    http://piedpiperinc.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by WTK; 02-16-2016, 08:02 PM.

Re: Skip Beat! (crowdfunding via Indiegogo)

Can you change this to OUR article for it? I had it up at the same exact time. No need to send people off site for the same thing.
    Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

Re: Pied Piper, Inc. licenses Skip Beat! (dub crowdfunding via Indiegogo)

^ Done.
      Last edited by WTK; 02-16-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks!
        Anime is not a right. It is a privilege, a consumer product, art, work for hire, a luxury, a hobby, entertainment.

Find me on Facebook and Follow Me on Twitter to see plenty of silliness in the anime and manga worlds and much, much more.

Comment

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...66594646384640
          A future project of mine, should things go well…

Otaku Review posted an interview with Pied Piper president, Ann Yamamoto: LINK.

Comment

Oh wow... and just as I had finally gotten to marathoning the whole series a few months ago and greatly lamenting the fact that it never had a home video release. I hope this goes well. I'm definitely going to be chipping in to some degree.
            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 02-17-2016, 04:37 AM.

Comment

I dropped Ann an email asking if it is possible for the tier information to be released early, waiting for her reply. I got my Tax refund in, I'm ready to do this.

Comment

I'm both intensely intrigued with this announcement, yet not interested enough, sadly.

I think it's amazing that Pied Piper somehow got the "OK" from a Japanese company to be able to try bringing over an entire TV anime series via crowdfunding. Movies & OVAs are one thing, but a TV series is a much larger project, as made obvious that Pied Piper will need to raise essentially the amount they got for Time for Eve in the end, which itself was nearly 1,200% more than what they needed for that project. I do hope that the company succeeds, though, because it will definitely open doors & possibilities for who knows what other TV anime we never received on DVD/BD here before.

That being said, though, I have absolutely no interest in Skip Beat! whatsoever, so I likely won't be putting down any money towards this project. I felt the same way about Time of Eve, too, so unless something makes me change my mind in a notable way, I'll have to settle for simply cheering on the people at Pied Piper in what they're trying to do. I do hope they succeed, regardless.
                Come Visit The Land of Obscusion... Maybe you missed a title the first time around.
                Forum Avatar: Hareluya Hibino & Kiyoshiro Okamoto from Hareluya II BطY / Blog Avatar: Michiru Yamane & Makoto Ichijo from Hareluya II BطY

Comment

Wasn't really expecting to see this from Pied Piper, but I guess they're following up their initial success by trying a full series. I gave Time of Eve a good amount of money, but while Skip Beat! is one of my favorite manga, I don't care about the anime that much, so I probably won't be contributing to this.
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

I've had Vol. 1 of the manga for a long time (it was only $4 at a school bookfair!), and thought it was surprisingly interesting, and it's a shame it's never been licensed/dubbed before. I'll gladly contribute to this. I think it's a neat idea, and they have a good team of people on board. I hope they'll try more of these if it's successful.
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

I never expected this to happen. I would have thought that Discotek would pick this up and give us the usual bare bones treatment. But instead, Pied Piper is asking us to chip in so that not only will this show get released, but with a dub and all the fixings if the stretch goals are accomplished. Anyway, while I don't have much interest in Skip Beat, I'm curious as to what the rewards are for contributors to this campaign.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
                      Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
                      Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Dang it, Pied Piper! They got me onto Kickstarter and now it looks like I have to get an account at Indiegogo. *Sigh* I would've preferred Kickstarter. You know how it goes: "Oh, since I'm supporting this, I have to support this, this, and while I'm at it, this..." and my credit card dies.

Comment

Honestly thought Discotek would pick this up as they have done for other forgotten shoujo titles in recent memory. So as I understand it the Indiegogo is just to improve the dub and extras but the show will definitely be released either way?
                          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

I can (almost) scratch off another old shojo title from my list. Wasn't the way I pictured it coming over, but I'm thrilled either way. I'll definitely support this once the campaign goes live.
                            What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
                              Honestly thought Discotek would pick this up as they have done for other forgotten shoujo titles in recent memory. So as I understand it the Indiegogo is just to improve the dub and extras but the show will definitely be released either way?
                              Ann from Pied Piper commented on the Crunchyroll News article on this and said that the dub was a condition of the license from TV Tokyo so if it doesn't get funded, there won't be a release. [Thinking that this will be Fixed Funding on Indiegogo rather than Flexible Funding]

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X