Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] AnimEigo's Battle Royal High School is now OOP

Widgets Magazine
    Another AnimEigo anime license bites the dust and this time a bit under the radar...

AnimEigo.com has removed Battle Royal High School from its online store (previously discounted to $7.99). It's now placed under OOP status on the website (liner notes can still be found in this link).

AnimEigo Anime License Round-up (soon to be OOP):
    AnimEigo Anime License Round-up (what's left in-print for now?):

Re: AnimEigo's Battle Royal High School is now OOP

Their licenses are lapsing, and there aren't any new ones to take their place. I can't really say that this is surprising, but it's a shame that Animeigo has basically dropped out of the anime market. Especially since they liked to license older obscure gems, which hardly anyone else does anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
      Their licenses are lapsing, and there aren't any new ones to take their place. I can't really say that this is surprising, but it's a shame that Animeigo has basically dropped out of the anime market. Especially since they liked to license older obscure gems, which hardly anyone else does anymore.
      Of course, the reason so few companies license older shows is because there isn't any money in it. These shows have a finite (and small) audience, and after keeping them around for years, Animeigo has exhausted said audience, making the cost of renewing the license unjustifiable.
      Jeremiah Sabadoz
      my comics my blog

Comment

Originally posted by tablesalt View Post
        Of course, the reason so few companies license older shows is because there isn't any money in it. These shows have a finite (and small) audience, and after keeping them around for years, Animeigo has exhausted said audience, making the cost of renewing the license unjustifiable.
        I realize that. I wasn't hoping that they would renew their older licenses, I was saying that it was a shame that they weren't getting new licenses to replace the ones they're losing. Animeigo showed a willingness to license older shows, and it's a shame that they apparently aren't interested in continuing to do so. Another licensor, especially of older or more obscure titles, would have been nice.

Comment

I was saying that it was a shame that they weren't getting new licenses to replace the ones they're losing. Animeigo showed a willingness to license older shows, and it's a shame that they apparently aren't interested in continuing to do so. Another licensor, especially of older or more obscure titles, would have been nice.
          To be fair, a lot of their 'older' shows were new when they bought them

But yes, they are a great company that did solid work, and it's too bad they fizzled out.
          Jeremiah Sabadoz
          my comics my blog

Comment

Well, there's nothing from AnimEigo that I want. I was planning to get You're Under Arrest, but some volumes were delisted at TRSI and I can't order from AnimEigo directly, so I guess I will just hope Sentai will pick it up at some point.
            Anime List | Manga List
            DVD/BD Collection (DVDAf) | Manga Collection (ANN)

Comment

There's always Discotek

Comment

It's sad to see yet another series to go OOP even if I don't know anything about this one...

Comment

It's sad that another AnimEigo title goes OOP. But I saw this coming.
                  Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
                  Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
                  Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
                  A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X