• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] RightStuf / Nozomi Ent. licenses Revolutionary Girl Utena

Widgets Magazine
    REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA DVD Set 3 Available for Pre-Order

Posted on: Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Right Stuf, Inc. and its Nozomi Entertainment division are pleased to announce the third (and final) Revolutionary Girl Utena limited edition, remastered box set is scheduled for release on Tuesday, December 6, 2011 and now available for pre-order! The set will include the final story arcs of the Utena television series, plus the theatrically released Adolescence of Utena movie.

Also remember! For a limited time and while supplies last, fans who order ALL THREE of the DVD box sets directly from Right Stuf will also receive a replica of the ring worn by Utena throughout the series. This exclusive gift item will be shipped to those who are eligible with the third and final DVD box set. Don't wait to place your orders, if you want that ring!

A sneek peek of the ring can be seen in the news section of the series site.

*Please note: The three sets do not need to be ordered at the same time.
    Originally posted by Alison Roberts View Post
    RIGHT STUF’S NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announces
    REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA:

The Apocalypse Saga DVD Set L.E.

Third & final remastered, premium set scheduled for December 6, 2011;

To include final arcs of television series, plus
    Adolescence of Utena movie.

Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. and its Nozomi Entertainment division are pleased to announce REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Apocalypse Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 3) will be available on December 6, 2011.

This third and final limited-edition DVD box set will feature the concluding arcs of the Revolutionary Girl Utena television series and the theatrical film Adolescence of Utena. The episodes and movie will be presented with remastered video and newly created Dolby Digital 5.1 Japanese audio tracks (from the recent Japanese DVD releases), as well as Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo for English and Japanese audio, and English-language subtitles and on-screen translations.

On-disc extras for the television series will include animated art galleries, an interview with Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, an interview with lead actresses Tomoko Kawakami (“Utena”) and Yuriko Fuchizaki (“Anthy”), interviews with the English-language voice cast, Japanese staff commentaries for episodes 37-39, karaoke for the dueling themes, Japanese TV spots and trailers, and the original North American trailers. On-disc extras for Adolescence of Utenawill include a full-length movie commentary by Director Ikuhara, a behind-the-scenes feature with the English-language cast, Japanese TV spots and trailers, and the original North American film trailer and teaser.

Additionally, the set will be housed in a collectors’ art box and include a book with content from the limited-edition Japanese releases, including artwork, commentaries, and the third installment of production notes from the Japanese LaserDisc release. Only a limited quantity of this premium set will be produced.

Nozomi Entertainment’s releases of Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 1) andThe Black Rose Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 2) are available now.
    “...it’s worth every moment and has great replay value.”
    - Chris Beveridge, The Fandom Post
    Revolutionary Girl Utena has been both critically acclaimed and a fan favorite since its 1997 broadcast debut on TV Tokyo and features direction by Kunihiko Ikuhara (Sailor Moon S and SuperS), series composition by Yoji Enokido (Ouran High School Host Club, FLCL, Sailor Moon SuperS) and animation by J.C. Staff (Honey and Clover, Slayers, Toradora!). Utena has been described as one of the top five “best anime of all time” (Anime Insider magazine, among others), and the project also inspired animated film, manga and stageplay adaptations. The two shoujo (girls’) manga, written and illustrated by Chiho Saito, were published in North America by VIZ Media.
    Visit utena.rightstuf.com to see the series’ trailers (featuring the remastered video) and to order (and pre-order) the limited-edition DVD box sets.

About REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Apocalypse Saga

As the final duel rapidly approaches, the Student Council’s will to continue is beginning to waver. After all, End of the World’s identity and motives remain a mystery. And Utena, fueled by her desire to protect Anthy, continues to prevail over the feeble ambitions that drive the Student Council to fight.
    But the Council’s ambitions are reignited when they hear a sound. At first, it’s faint, but soon it becomes clear: The promised revolution is within reach – and the duels must go on.
    And what of Utena’s own ambition? To become a prince, the duels may be only one of the trials she has yet to face.
    Contains television episodes 25-39, plus the theatrical film Adolescence of Utena.

REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Apocalypse Saga DVD Set L.E.
    (Remastered Box Set 3)

Pre-Book: 11/1/2011
    Street Date: 12/6/2011

Runtime: Approximately 460 minutes, Dolby Digital Stereo, Color (Plus movie: Anamorphic widescreen)
    Genre: Drama
    Suggested Rating: 16+

Format: DVD (TV series and movie: 2.0 English Audio, 5.1 and 2.0 Japanese Audio, English Subtitles, English On-Screen Translations)
    Catalog #: RSDVD1158
    ISBN: 1-57032-706-8
    UPC: 7-42617-1158-2-0
    SRP: $79.99

Discs/Set: 6
    Case Qty: TBA

DVD Features:
    Scene access, remastered video from the recent Japanese DVD re-release, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for English and Japanese dialogue, new Dolby 5.1 audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS TV Series extras: Animated art galleries, interview with Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, interview with actresses Tomoko Kawakami (“Utena”) and Yuriko Fuchizaki (“Anthy”), interviews with the English-language voice cast, Japanese staff commentary for episodes 37-39, dueling themes karaoke (Japanese audio), Japanese TV spots and trailers, and original North American trailers. ALSO Movie extras: Full-length movie commentary by Director Ikuhara, behind the scenes with the English-language cast, Japanese TV spots and trailers, and original North American trailer and teaser. AND: A book featuring content from the recent, limited-edition Japanese DVD box sets, including artwork, episode commentary and liner notes from the LD release (part 3).

* Cover Art: http://outgoing.rightstuf.com/sleeves/rsdvd1158.jpg
    UTENA, Revolutionary Girl (Shojo Kakumei Utena) © 1997 BE-PAPAS/CHIHO SAITO/SHOGAKUKAN
    SHOKAKU TV TOKYO.
    * To view this image, cut and paste the URL into your Web browser.

** Product specifications and content may be subject to change.

Last edited by WTK; 08-17-2011, 02:45 PM.

Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Ent. announce 3rd Revolutionary Girl Utena remastered DVD set for December 2011

and preordered.
    David
    Magical Girl Worshippers Unlimited - Dedicated to love, justice, frilly outfits, stunning transformations, cute talking furry mascots, and happy endings for all! | Avatar: Urara of Seraphim Call | My other addiction

Comment

Re: Right Stuf & Nozomi Ent. announce 3rd Revolutionary Girl Utena remastered DVD set for December 2011

Same here! :D
      Rotten, rotten, rotten...
      Anyway you look at it...
      I am a rotten girl...

Comment

After a lot of crazed refreshing of pages around 1:30 CST... preordered! :D
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

I just pre-ordered my copy.

Just a word of warning: this set is going to be more expensive than the other two. However, given the content on this set (and the ring pre-order incentive), it's going to be worth it.
          Joseph Klemm
          "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
          Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
          Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
          Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that they are including the movie (I thought that they were releasing that separately?), but this is a very nice sounding set. I'll definitely be getting this.

Comment

I will be placing my order soon. A very solid release. I wasn't expecting the movie to be included in this. A very pleasant surprise.

Comment

Well, there goes my entire anime budget for December. Ah well, its a worthy release. Here's hoping nobody else announces stuff I want for the month.
                Most Wanted US Releases: RahXephon (BD upgrade), Kemonozume | Current Avatar: Charlotte Dunois from Infinite Stratos

Comment

And my preorder is in! That we get the movie too is some great news!

...We wants the Precious, it belongs to Us... Yes...
                  Ana & Matsuri, summer strawberries || my avatar library
                  ~ Currently Watching: Sailor Moon R; Tenchi Muyo! OVA
                  ~ Last Watched: MIRAI; Spirited Away; My Neighbors the Yamadas; SCHOOL-LIVE!; Princess Mononoke; Whisper of the Heart
                  homepageblogreviewsanilistkitsu

Comment

Pre-ordered a minute or two after it went up. I was wondering about the price to I saw it will include the movie. Wish I'd had known was saving some stuff for shipping filler since I figured it'd be the same price as the other sets. Oh well can always use them for shipping filler on a future order. Curious to see if the ring will appear in the account orders page like other bonus items have?

Comment

Having budgeted my pre-orders in advance, I did not anticipate this including the movie and inflating the price accordingly. Hopefully there's a Nozomi studio sale from between now and the release date.
                      Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Originally posted by cress2000 View Post
                        Having budgeted my pre-orders in advance, I did not anticipate this including the movie and inflating the price accordingly. Hopefully there's a Nozomi studio sale from between now and the release date.
                        I have a feeling including the movie is also pushing the release date further than we expected. I would have preferred TRSI release the movie separately since I only want the TV series, but oh well.

Based on past history, there should be a Nozomi sale sometime in the fall season.
                        Last edited by lockmastah; 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM.
                        Forum Moderator: Retail, General Anime, Gaming Goodness
                        Avatar: Chiyochan loves her some VHS... nom nom nom...
                        Stal... er check me out on Xbox Live

Comment

Insanely long press release with details about the set below.

RIGHT STUF’S NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announces
                          REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA:

The Apocalypse Saga DVD Set L.E.

Third & final remastered, premium set scheduled for December 6, 2011;

To include final arcs of television series, plus
                          Adolescence of Utena movie.

Anime producer and distributor Right Stuf, Inc. and its Nozomi Entertainment division are pleased to announce REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Apocalypse Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 3) will be available on December 6, 2011.

This third and final limited-edition DVD box set will feature the concluding arcs of the Revolutionary Girl Utena television series and the theatrical film Adolescence of Utena. The episodes and movie will be presented with remastered video and newly created Dolby Digital 5.1 Japanese audio tracks (from the recent Japanese DVD releases), as well as Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo for English and Japanese audio, and English-language subtitles and on-screen translations.

On-disc extras for the television series will include animated art galleries, an interview with Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, an interview with lead actresses Tomoko Kawakami (“Utena”) and Yuriko Fuchizaki (“Anthy”), interviews with the English-language voice cast, Japanese staff commentaries for episodes 37-39, karaoke for the dueling themes, Japanese TV spots and trailers, and the original North American trailers. On-disc extras for Adolescence of Utenawill include a full-length movie commentary by Director Ikuhara, a behind-the-scenes feature with the English-language cast, Japanese TV spots and trailers, and the original North American film trailer and teaser.

Additionally, the set will be housed in a collectors’ art box and include a book with content from the limited-edition Japanese releases, including artwork, commentaries, and the third installment of production notes from the Japanese LaserDisc release. Only a limited quantity of this premium set will be produced.

Nozomi Entertainment’s releases of Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Student Council Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 1) andThe Black Rose Saga DVD Set L.E. (Remastered Box Set 2) are available now.
                          “...it’s worth every moment and has great replay value.”
                          - Chris Beveridge, The Fandom Post
                          Revolutionary Girl Utena has been both critically acclaimed and a fan favorite since its 1997 broadcast debut on TV Tokyo and features direction by Kunihiko Ikuhara (Sailor Moon S and SuperS), series composition by Yoji Enokido (Ouran High School Host Club, FLCL, Sailor Moon SuperS) and animation by J.C. Staff (Honey and Clover, Slayers, Toradora!). Utena has been described as one of the top five “best anime of all time” (Anime Insider magazine, among others), and the project also inspired animated film, manga and stageplay adaptations. The two shoujo (girls’) manga, written and illustrated by Chiho Saito, were published in North America by VIZ Media.
                          Visit utena.rightstuf.com to see the series’ trailers (featuring the remastered video) and to order (and pre-order) the limited-edition DVD box sets.

About REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Apocalypse Saga

As the final duel rapidly approaches, the Student Council’s will to continue is beginning to waver. After all, End of the World’s identity and motives remain a mystery. And Utena, fueled by her desire to protect Anthy, continues to prevail over the feeble ambitions that drive the Student Council to fight.
                          But the Council’s ambitions are reignited when they hear a sound. At first, it’s faint, but soon it becomes clear: The promised revolution is within reach – and the duels must go on.
                          And what of Utena’s own ambition? To become a prince, the duels may be only one of the trials she has yet to face.
                          Contains television episodes 25-39, plus the theatrical film Adolescence of Utena.

REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA: The Apocalypse Saga DVD Set L.E.
                          (Remastered Box Set 3)

Pre-Book: 11/1/2011
                          Street Date: 12/6/2011

Runtime: Approximately 460 minutes, Dolby Digital Stereo, Color (Plus movie: Anamorphic widescreen)
                          Genre: Drama
                          Suggested Rating: 16+

Format: DVD (TV series and movie: 2.0 English Audio, 5.1 and 2.0 Japanese Audio, English Subtitles, English On-Screen Translations)
                          Catalog #: RSDVD1158
                          ISBN: 1-57032-706-8
                          UPC: 7-42617-1158-2-0
                          SRP: $79.99

Discs/Set: 6
                          Case Qty: TBA

DVD Features:
                          Scene access, remastered video from the recent Japanese DVD re-release, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio for English and Japanese dialogue, new Dolby 5.1 audio for Japanese dialogue, English subtitles and English on-screen translations. PLUS TV Series extras: Animated art galleries, interview with Director Kunihiko Ikuhara, interview with actresses Tomoko Kawakami (“Utena”) and Yuriko Fuchizaki (“Anthy”), interviews with the English-language voice cast, Japanese staff commentary for episodes 37-39, dueling themes karaoke (Japanese audio), Japanese TV spots and trailers, and original North American trailers. ALSO Movie extras: Full-length movie commentary by Director Ikuhara, behind the scenes with the English-language cast, Japanese TV spots and trailers, and original North American trailer and teaser. AND: A book featuring content from the recent, limited-edition Japanese DVD box sets, including artwork, episode commentary and liner notes from the LD release (part 3).

* Cover Art: http://outgoing.rightstuf.com/sleeves/rsdvd1158.jpg
                          UTENA, Revolutionary Girl (Shojo Kakumei Utena) © 1997 BE-PAPAS/CHIHO SAITO/SHOGAKUKAN
                          SHOKAKU TV TOKYO.
                          * To view this image, cut and paste the URL into your Web browser.

** Product specifications and content may be subject to change.

Last edited by Alison Roberts; 08-17-2011, 02:42 PM.
                          Watch this space.

Comment

Oh crap that's expensive. An extra 30 dollars on RRP and nearly double the price of the first set after discounts. I think I may have to pass. I'm not sure I want/need the ring, or that it'll be particularly collectible, it was just nice. Will definitely pick it up once it's been out long enough to be discounted further.

My copies of sets 1 and 2 arrived today so maybe they'll change my mind. I sold most of my original versions, but kept the movie - there's nothing wrong with it - much better than CPM's tv releases

Comment

Originally posted by BurtKenobi View Post
                              Oh crap that's expensive. An extra 30 dollars on RRP and nearly double the price of the first set after discounts. I think I may have to pass. I'm not sure I want/need the ring, or that it'll be particularly collectible, it was just nice. Will definitely pick it up once it's been out long enough to be discounted further.
                              It is kind of a lot for a single item... but fundamentally no different than it would have been had they released the third arc of TV episodes in a set for $49.99 and then the movie on its own for $29.99. Well, okay, you'd have saved a cent, but anyway.

I understand that it makes it tough for folks who just wanted the TV series, or just wanted the movie, or typically like to spread their dollars out a bit when purchasing. But for me personally, it sure is convenient.
                              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X