Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aniplex of America licenses Rewrite ?

Widgets Magazine
    Strongly hinted but not fully confirmed yet...

https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/statu...66652893954049
    From Key/Visual Arts! An all new series, "Rewrite" was announced https://twitter.com/rewrite_tv/statu...62620328644608
    Last edited by WTK; 12-30-2015, 07:20 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Rewrite ?

Seeing that Aniplex is on the production team and this is from the same franchise as Charlotte that I am expecting the announcement to be coming, though with this being a summer show, it could be awhile before that happens.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
    Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

AoA in particular has announced series earlier than this (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works was maybe the earliest, although they've had a few very early ones lately, so maybe not anymore), so if they're already posting about it, I could see them announcing it soon.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
      My FP Reviews | Twitter
      Fandom Post Radio

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised that Aniplex of USA picked this series up later in the summer. I've checked the Rewrite website several months back and if you scroll down a little bit, you can spot the Aniplex logo there. In fact, Aniplex has been handling every anime adaptation of Key/Visual Arts VN anime adaptations (except Little Busters!)

Now, much like Charlotte, another Key/Visual Arts title, I do personally like to see both the anime and visual novel (providing if Sekai Project is interested in picking the title up) get English dubs, but that's too early to tell.
        Avatar: Sizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite! (if the anime and VN gets an English dub, Faye Mata should voice this character)

Comment

Yeah, I don't think AoA would bother tweeting that if they hadn't acquired the show.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKawaiiTrain View Post
            I've checked the Rewrite website several months back and if you scroll down a little bit, you can spot the Aniplex logo there. In fact, Aniplex has been handling every anime adaptation of Key/Visual Arts VN anime adaptations (except Little Busters!)

Now, much like Charlotte, another Key/Visual Arts title, I do personally like to see both the anime and visual novel (providing if Sekai Project is interested in picking the title up) get English dubs, but that's too early to tell.
            I think this is actually the first time the Key work Aniplex is producing is an "adaptation". Angel Beats and Charlotte are both original anime productions that did not begin with a game. The former only just got its first game this year and the latter I don't think has a game planned at all currently.

Comment

Seeing that Aniplex of America hasn't officially announced that they have licensed this show that I had to go and search for it. But some important news was just announced for this show at the conclusion of the broadcast today. A second season will be coming for the Winter 2017 season titled Rewrite: Moon Arc/Terra Arc. Unlike the first season that goes down an anime original route, this season is going to be a faithful adaptation of the aforementioned routes in the visual novels.

Anyway, while I expect Aniplex of America to eventually license this show, it seems to me that they are now waiting until the end of the season to officially license them like they did last season with Kiznaiver so that they don't leave things on the table like they have with several of their licenses. It certainly makes sense for them to go with this approach now that they are doing away with DVD-only releases that they would have given to their shows with low marketability in the past.
              Last edited by Buckeye; 09-24-2016, 03:16 PM.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
              Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
              Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X