Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Discotek Media licenses Lupin The Third Series 2

Widgets Magazine
    Just posted on Facebook, they announced Lupin The Third Series 2 - link.
    Last edited by JimmyG; 12-18-2015, 06:32 PM.

Re: Discotek Media licenses Lupin The Third Series 2

Awesome pick up. Makes my Geneon DVDs obsolete.
    Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
    Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
    Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

It will be interesting to see how many sets they release this in.

Series 2 streaming available @
      - http://www.crunchyroll.com/lupin-the-third-part-2
      - http://www.hulu.com/lupin-the-third-part-2

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        It will be interesting to see how many sets they release this in.
        And also how they'll handle the Miyazaki episodes that Streamline dubbed.

Either way, I'll be looking forward to this and hoping that they get Part 3 & 4 as well. :D
        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118:
        "It's in the Cards" (Cloverway, 2000)
        "Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldiers' Bet" (Cloverway/Pioneer, 2000)
        "Battle Inside the Demonic Space! The Sailor Guardians' Gamble" (Viz, 2015)

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again regarding the release for series 2. I hope it's 4 sets 6 discs each with episodes split (40/39/38/38) keeps the price down per set so it's not one big blow (though some will argue "knickel-diming") maximizes shelf space (you can put 6 discs in a single sized dvd case) and having the split at 79 you aren't shutting out the people who already have Geneon's releases and aren't forced to double dip.
          My Anime List
          YouTube <- I do collection Videos
          Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

Excellent news !! I hope they continue to pick the 3rd and recent 4th series as well.
            Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Woot! It was always going to come eventually. Very happy that day is coming at last
              Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Hopefully they'll include the Geneon dub, I really enjoyed what I heard of it when it was shown on Cartoon Network.

Comment

YES!!!!! Finally. Happy to hear they have picked up Lupin Series II. I can only imagine that it will be broken up into parts considering how long it is. I'll be along for the entire ride though. With the various streaming announcements it's good to see this one will make it out to disc once again.
                  Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
                  Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

While I'm not interested in collecting all of Lupin, I'll probably at least pick this show up!
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

WHOO-HOO!!!!! I'm glad this will FINALLY get a complete release out here! I'd like it to be released in 4 parts ideally, but we'll see what Discotek does on that front.

Comment

heck yes ! hopefully the right video sources are used

Comment

Richard Epcar says he'll have some "news about this soon."

https://www.facebook.com/Richard-Epc...36489/?fref=ts
                          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                            I've said this before and I'll say it again regarding the release for series 2. I hope it's 4 sets 6 discs each with episodes split (40/39/38/38) keeps the price down per set so it's not one big blow (though some will argue "knickel-diming") maximizes shelf space (you can put 6 discs in a single sized dvd case) and having the split at 79 you aren't shutting out the people who already have Geneon's releases and aren't forced to double dip.
                            That would be awesome regarding that release plan, unfortunately I am missing a few random volumes from Geneon, so I would need to double dip.
                            Blu-ray/DVD Collection / MAL / IMDB
                            Most wanted anime licenses: Kodomo No Omocha, Pumpkin Wine, Maison Ikkoku Movie/OVA, Tokimeki Tonight, Nurse Angel Ririka SOS, Windaria, End of Summer
                            Most wanted live action Blu-Ray releases: Blood Beach (1980), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Malibu Bikini Shop (1986), Streets of Fire (1984), Dead of Night (1945)

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/14716805531...%3A%22R9%22%7D
                              The plan is to release four DVD sets with the first one starting in 2016. We will include any English dubs that already exist and also the Japanese language with English subtitles. Episodes 80-155 will have improved English subtitles and episodes 145 and 155 will also have the Streamline English dub. All 155 episodes will be released when finished.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X