Street Date: 11/22/2011
    Format: BD
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $39.98

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    SENTAI FILMWORKS ANNOUNCES
    LICENSE OF COICENT and FIVE NUMBERS

Houston, TX, August 11, 2011: Sentai Filmworks today announced its acquisition of the twin sci-fi anime mini features COICENT and FIVE NUMBERS. Although not directly connected, both films exemplify the best of Japan’s new wave of up and coming anime masters, with COICENT reuniting writer/director Shuhei Moritai and character designer Daisuke Sajiki, who previously collaborated on the seminal CGI anime hit Kakurenbo, while FIVE NUMBERS teams director Hiroaki Ando, (who handled CGI duties for Steamboy and Noiseman,) with character designer Masaru Gotsubo (Samurai Champloo,) and scripter Dai Sato, whose previous credits include HALO: LegendsThe Package, Ergo Proxy and screenplays for Cowboy Bebop. Although the two titles will be available separately via digital distribution, Sentai has announced that that they will be released together on DVD and BluRay, and that both titles will be available in both English subtitled and English dubbed versions.

Get ready for a double dose of amazing science fiction as two astounding tales come together in one incredible collection of state of the art animation! First, it’s a quick time jump to the 26th century where a school trip to a rebuilt 21st century city turns into a wild adventure for teenage Shinichi. While chasing a talking deer that steals his bag, he runs into a strange girl trying to elude even stranger pursuers, and then things get wild. It’s a mad dash through a city of the past as two young people discover a chance at a new future in COICENT. Then, four people awake to find themselves in the ultimate prison: an ex-soldier, a beautiful woman, an average Joe and a young computer hacker. Why are they there? What connection links them together? And how can they escape? The answer seems to lie with the fifth prisoner, an old man who knows far more than he is telling. And then there’s the cat. It’s the ultimate locked room mystery and all their lives hinge on solving it in FIVE NUMBERS.

Watch for digital distribution of COICENT and FIVE NUMBERS to begin soon, and catch it on DVD & BluRay later this year.

About Sentai Filmworks:
    Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.
    # # #
    • Coicent = Koisento | JP BD was released on 2/25/11.
    • Five Numbers = Norgeki! | JP BD was released on 4/7/11.
    Last edited by WTK; 08-17-2011, 07:59 AM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks announces license of Coicent and Five Numbers

I can't say I have heard of either OVA. It appears that Coicent is Koisento and Five Numbers is Norgeki! And later this year? I guess December is probably more likely, since November may have 2 BD releases. It's also interesting to see this dubbed too. If the pricing is friendly enough, I may pick this up.

Comment

I've never heard of either of these, honestly. I'd need to learn more about them before I could decide whether or not I was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        It appears that Coicent is Koisento and Five Numbers is Norgeki!
        Oh... both of those actually sounded like they were really good. Never realized Dai Sato was involved with Norageki!
        My animé & figure collections
        Hummingbird
        || Tweeterings
        XBL: TakenIdiot / PSN: ishikusui

Comment

Never heard of it, but I'll look into it.

Comment

Koi Sento is freaking awesome, especially if you watch it right after Lucky Star.

Comment

I've heard of these two by their original names but haven't heard much about them. I'm interested in Coicent(Koi Sento) though.

Comment

I thought I had never heard of these, but seeing the original names, I have actually seen the names before and think I may have even been tempted to try "Coicent" before (though didn't get to it).

Comment

I'll probably end up watching them on TAN before deciding whether to purchase them or not.
                  Currently Watching | MAL Profile
                  Let's make anime great again!

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfPain View Post
                    Originally posted by WTK View Post
                    It appears that Coicent is Koisento and Five Numbers is Norgeki!
                    Never realized Dai Sato was involved with Norageki!

He is?? Sold.
                    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midvalley
                    Favorites: Cowboy Bebop, RahXephon, Voices of a Distant Star, Ergo Proxy, Berserk.
                    Currently Watching: Steins;Gate, Blood +
                    Someone License: Dennou Coil.

Comment

I never heard of either title, so I probably will do some digging and see if it is something I want to watch when it comes out.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                      Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I haven't heard of either title either.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinman View Post
                          Koi Sento is freaking awesome, especially if you watch it right after Lucky Star.
                          I don't know Norageki at all, but I'd buy this just for Koi Sento.

Comment

One of my friends who does not have an account here demanded that I make a "IF YOU ARE GOING TO LICENSE INDY SCI FI STUFF, GET TIME OF EVE!!!!!111!!" post on this thread, so here it is.
                            Last edited by Martinman; 08-11-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I am not familiar with either of these. So it's the usual situation with such a scenario.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X