Widgets Magazine

The 1 & Only Untranslated OP/EDs on Home Video Releases Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 1 & Only Untranslated OP/EDs on Home Video Releases Thread.

And How About Rio Rainbow Gate? Does It Have English Credits?
    (Sorry I Been Double Posting On This Thread A Lot.)
    BAGEL AND BECKY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

^ If I happen to come upon any more oddities as far as OP/EDs go, I'll report them. Gonna be watching quite a bit of Netflix this weekend so I'll see if anything strange happens with that.

Also I noticed that the Crunchyroll stream for the dub of Blue Submarine No 6 doesn't have a translation for the ED. Can anyone who has the Discotek DVDs or BD verify for me if it's translated on there or not?

Comment

I haven't checked the extras. Will do so.

Comment

Kodansha Comics USA:

Attack on Titan-Ilyse's Notebook

Songs are not subbed and the credits are in Japanese but the staff and cast are listed in English on the back on both the LE box & DVD case (as seen in the vol. 17 manga thread).

Other than the songs, this was pretty good for a first time DVD release from Kodansha and I wouldn't mind seeing them bring over the other OADs.
          Last edited by NJ_; 12-18-2015, 10:59 PM.
          Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
            Kodansha Comics USA:

Attack on Titan-Ilyse's Notebook

Songs are not subbed and the credits are in Japanese but the staff and cast are listed in English on the back on both the LE box & DVD case (as seen in the vol. 17 manga thread).

Other than the songs, this was pretty good for a first time DVD release from Kodansha and I wouldn't mind seeing them bring over the other OADs.
            Thank you. Added to the list. Saw the disc art and menues. Pretty good first effort from Kodansha USA for a DVD that goes with a manga.

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
              Originally posted by Bob The Lover View Post
              How About These Titles?
              Denki Gai no Honya-San
              Yuri Yuna Is A Hero
              Ladies versus Butlers!
              Yosuga no Sora
              Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!
              I'll report on Yuki Yuna when I watch it on Netflix. Same with Ladies vs Butlers and Yosuga no Sora when I watch them on Crunchyroll. Otherwise I'll have to wait for someone to mention if those PonyCan USA ones you mentioned(first two and the last one) are like Aniplex USA in how they handle subtitling OP and EDs.
              OK, Yuki Yuna on Netflix has Japanese credits and the OP/ED are not translated. I guess when I get it on home video, I'll check if it's translated or if it's like Aniplex USA and OP/ED translations are under extras only.

Comment

How About These Titles?
                Denki Gai no Honya-San
                Yuri Yuna Is A Hero
                Ladies versus Butlers!
                Yosuga no Sora
                Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!
                I'll report on Yuki Yuna when I watch it on Netflix. Same with Ladies vs Butlers and Yosuga no Sora when I watch them on Crunchyroll. Otherwise I'll have to wait for someone to mention if those PonyCan USA ones you mentioned(first two and the last one) are like Aniplex USA in how they handle subtitling OP and EDs.
                OK, Yuki Yuna on Netflix has Japanese credits and the OP/ED are not translated. I guess when I get it on home video, I'll check if it's translated or if it's like Aniplex USA and OP/ED translations are under extras only.
                I actually just finished rewatching Fate/Zero and now watching Fate/stay night from AoA. Both shows have the OP/ED translated in each episode.
                My Anime List
                Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Now I'm Still Waiting For Rin Ne And Re Kan If They Had Subtitled OP's And ED'S On Hulu!
                  EDIT: And The Perfect Insider And Punch Line
                  And Monster Musume, Too.
                  And Does Funimation's Broadcast Dubs (Like Attack On Titan Junior High, Shomin Sample, Dance With Devils And Noragami Aragato) Have English Credits And Theme Song Subtitles?
                  Last edited by Bob The Lover; 12-21-2015, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Now I'm Still Waiting For Rin Ne And Re Kan If They Had Subtitled OP's And ED'S On Hulu!
                    And Monster Musume, Too.
                    Why don't you check yourself? Is there some reason you can't? (outside the US?) It's a no on Re-kan at least.

And Does Funimation's Broadcast Dubs (Like Attack On Titan Junior High, Shomin Sample, Dance With Devils And Noragami Aragato) Have English Credits And Theme Song Subtitles?
                    Since broadcast dubs usually start after a few Japanese episodes have already aired, I think they tend to have subtitled theme songs from the first episode. That is the case with Shomin Sample and Noragami Aragoto at least. And I don't think broadcast dubs ever have any kind of English credits, outside of the limited Japanese cast and staff subtitling that happens in series licensed from Fuji whether subtitled simulcast or broadcast dub (Psycho-Pass 2, Gonna be the Twintail, Rampo Kitan, etc.).
                    Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 12-21-2015, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorBrandon View Post
                      And Monster Musume, Too.
                      Why don't you check yourself? Is there some reason you can't? (outside the US?) It's a no on Re-kan at least.

Since broadcast dubs usually start after a few Japanese episodes have already aired, I think they tend to have subtitled theme songs from the first episode. That is the case with Shomin Sample and Noragami Aragoto at least. And I don't think broadcast dubs ever have any kind of English credits, outside of the limited Japanese cast and staff subtitling that happens in series licensed from Fuji whether subtitled simulcast or broadcast dub (Psycho-Pass 2, Gonna be the Twintail, Rampo Kitan, etc.).
                      I Do Live In The U.S. However, I Just Want To Know That The Perfect Insider And Punch Line And Rin Ne Have Subtitles On Hulu. Thanks!

Comment

And Monster Musume, Too.

I Do Live In The U.S. However, I Just Want To Know That The Perfect Insider And Punch Line And Rin Ne Have Subtitles On Hulu. Thanks!
                        Basically too lazy to check himself lol.
                        My Anime List
                        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
                          And Monster Musume, Too.

Basically too lazy to check himself lol.
                          Okay, So I'm Not Lazy But I Am Going To Check Them On Hulu Sometime.

Comment

Pioneer AND FUNimation
                            • Tenchi the Movie 2: The Daughter of Darkness

For some reason, I thought I had seen the ending theme subtitled before, but apparently (going back to check my old Pioneer DVD) no, it was never translated on home video. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since I think this is one of the most ancient of US anime DVD releases, but sucks that FUNi didn't put the effort in for their re-release. I was happy to see that beautiful heartwarming sequence on Blu-ray at least.

For those it may matter to, the first movie's ending theme is also not subtitled, but it's already in English (doesn't need to be translated).
                            Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 12-25-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Pioneer AND FUNimation
                              • Tenchi the Movie 2: The Daughter of Darkness

For some reason, I thought I had seen the ending theme subtitled before, but apparently (going back to check my old Pioneer DVD) no, it was never translated on home video. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since I think this is one of the most ancient of US anime DVD releases, but sucks that FUNi didn't put the effort in for their re-release. I was happy to see that beautiful heartwarming sequence on Blu-ray at least.

For those it may matter to, the first movie's ending theme is also not subtitled, but it's already in English (doesn't need to be translated).
                              Added the 2nd Tenchi movie and included that your note about those Pioneer DVDs. Not going to add the first movie because of the reasons you stated.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Now We Can Add Kingdom On This List, As I Just Found Out That Is The OP And ED Is Not Translated. But... Is The OP And ED Subtitled Or Not?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X