Widgets Magazine

The 1 & Only Untranslated OP/EDs on Home Video Releases Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 1 & Only Untranslated OP/EDs on Home Video Releases Thread.

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
    Originally posted by jlaking
    S'More Entertainment's Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo releases do not have translated OP/EDs.
    Thanks for the info. Added. So many things wrong with S'More releases though.
    Yeah, I generally don't pay any attention to these companies that don't have a large profile in America. I would have thought that Bo^7 is a Discotek release, and while I have heard of S'More before, I always thought that they handled anime distribution in another country. In any case, it doesn't look like they are around for long seeing that having untranslated theme songs is not a good thing, as well as the laundry list of problems that they are having.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
    Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
    Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

How About Discotek's Releases Of Free!, Galilei Donna And Recently, My Sister Is Unusual?
      And Are There Any Sentai Filmworks releases That Has English Credits?
      BAGEL AND BECKY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob The Lover View Post
        How About Discotek's Releases Of Free!, Galilei Donna And Recently, My Sister Is Unusual?
        And Are There Any Sentai Filmworks releases That Has English Credits?
        The only show I know that does is Knights of Sidonia. I think they took the credits from the Netflix streams seeing that Sentai generally leaves the credits in Japanese and having translated credits after each episode. Anything Sentai-related comes after each episode finishes in Knights of Sidonia.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
        Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
        Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

The Irregular At Magic High
          Silver Spoon
          Both Aniplex titles

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis443 View Post
            The Irregular At Magic High
            Silver Spoon
            Both Aniplex titles
            Silver Spoon Season 1 does have OP/ED translations under Extras(Textless OP and ED). I know because I checked it.

Can you confirm that Irregular just has those as extras or do they not do a translated OP/ED at all?

Comment

Don't know about the other 2, but Free! has subbed OP/ED songs and the credits are left in Japanese. There is a translated credit scroll after the final episode on disc 2. I checked a few other episodes, but that's the only one I found with a scroll. The production crew seems well represented (didn't look that closely), however there isn't a proper scroll for the cast (that I saw) and theme songs aren't listed individually, rather they are listed like this

Theme Song Lyrics:
              Saori Kodama (ED)

Theme Song Performance:
              Daisuke Hirakawa (ED)
              Mamoru Miyano (ED)
              Nobunaga Shimazaki (ED)
              OLDCODEX (OP)
              Tatsuhisa Suzuki (ED)
              Tsubasa Yonaga (ED)
              There was a short section at the end of the scroll for the English production crew.
              What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                The production crew seems well represented (didn't look that closely), however there isn't a proper scroll for the cast (that I saw) and theme songs aren't listed individually, rather they are listed like this

Theme Song Lyrics:
                Saori Kodama (ED)

Theme Song Performance:
                Daisuke Hirakawa (ED)
                Mamoru Miyano (ED)
                Nobunaga Shimazaki (ED)
                OLDCODEX (OP)
                Tatsuhisa Suzuki (ED)
                Tsubasa Yonaga (ED)
                This reminds me of some of their other releases with credit scrolls because they look more like they're from ANN's encyclopedia.

Better than nothing but I can see how that would annoy some, especially if there are some people missing in the encyclopedia pages.
                Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

According to ANN, Vividred Operation's OP/ED are untranslated, even in the extras.

Is it fair to reach way back into the past? Because quite a few old Viz releases like SaiKano, Key the Metal Idol, Inuyasha, and Ceres Celestial Legend would qualify. IIRC Discotek's Ceres did not add song TLs, though Sentai's SaiKano might have. There's a good chance that anything they released after the VHS era (when they would just transfer their Dub-VHS versions with hardsubbed songs and signs onto DVD) until the Bleach/Naruto/Death Note era in about 2005-2006 or so lacks song translations, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zalis View Post
                    According to ANN, Vividred Operation's OP/ED are untranslated, even in the extras.

Is it fair to reach way back into the past? Because quite a few old Viz releases like SaiKano, Key the Metal Idol, Inuyasha, and Ceres Celestial Legend would qualify. IIRC Discotek's Ceres did not add song TLs, though Sentai's SaiKano might have. There's a good chance that anything they released after the VHS era (when they would just transfer their Dub-VHS versions with hardsubbed songs and signs onto DVD) until the Bleach/Naruto/Death Note era in about 2005-2006 or so lacks song translations, as well.
                    For now, I'll add just Ceres and Inuyasha since those are in print. I already know that Key the Metal Idol didn't from the Viewster stream. If SaiKano doesn't have OP/ED translations for Sentai's rescue, I'll add that too(if it does have translations, I'll just add an aside mentioning Viz DVDs don't).

Comment

I Just Checked She, The Ultimate Weapon On Hulu. The Songs Are Subtitled, But The Credits Are In English.
                      It Still Says A Viz Production At The Ending!

Comment

I Checked Mahoromatic On Hulu, And There Are NO Song Subtitles On The OP And The ED.
                        And It's Not Even Subbed On Hulu. It Is DUBBED!
                        And The Credits Are In English.
                        I Do Not Know If Mahoromatic I'm Home's OP Or ED Is Subtitled Or The Credits Are In English.

Comment

Rozen Maiden (The First Season) Has Song Subtitles, But The Credits Are In English.
                          Edit: Well, I Just Found Out That The OP Has Subtitles, But The ED Is Not? Weird!

Comment

Does Anyone Know That Free! Eternal Summer Has Subtitles For The Songs Or The Credits Are In English?

Comment

I Just Checked She, The Ultimate Weapon On Hulu. The Songs Are Subtitled, But The Credits Are In English.
                              It Still Says A Viz Production At The Ending!
                              Thanks. Added it under Viz and noted that it was just the Viz DVDs since it looks like Sentai fixed that for SaiKano (aka She, the Ultimate Weapon).

Comment

How About The Mobile Suit Gundam Blu Ray? Is The OP And ED Subtitled Or Not? Because I Want To Know!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X