Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] Hikaru no Go

Widgets Magazine
    The remaining dubbed episodes of Hikaru no Go is now streaming on Hulu. Viz Media never finished releasing the series on DVD. This may be the best option to watch the series dubbed legally (for U.S. residents). If the streaming numbers perform very well, could Viz Media re-consider releasing the series completely on DVD (BD was released in Japan)? I'm leaning toward not likely, but I guess anything is possible.

Hulu:
    - Episodes 1 to 75 (dub or sub)

Still available these other outlets:

Amazon Video:
    - Season 1
    - Season 2
    - Season 3
    - Season 4
    - Season 5

iTunes:
    - Season 1
    - Season 2
    - Season 3
    - Season 4
    - Season 5

PlayStation Video [incomplete]
    - Season 1

Re: Hikaru no Go

I've been hopeful that Discotek will release this at somepoint. They recently got ahold of Boys over Flowers so eventually maybe they'll rescue this as well.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

While it's disappointing they aren't currently releasing the DVDs, at least they're making the remainder of the dubbed episodes available legally.
      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
        I've been hopeful that Discotek will release this at somepoint. They recently got ahold of Boys over Flowers so eventually maybe they'll rescue this as well.
        Boys over Flowers rights is handled by Toei Animation and Hikaru no Go by Dentsu (Dentsu Tec to be exact). There have been very few properties (handled by Dentsu) that get license rescued. Angelic Layer (Sentai Filmworks) and Moribito (Viz Media) are two examples in recent years (Deltora Quest via Cinedigm could be another but Geneon never released it on DVD). With that said Viz Media still has the license, so any license rescue discussion right now to me is premature.

Comment

Glad to hear this series has all its episodes up, especially with its dub. Hopefully something more can come from this, but just having it all streaming is a great start.

Comment

Great to hear that this show is getting another chance. Of course, whether or not it leads to a re-release remains to be seen, but it's a great thing to have this show back. It was released on BD two years ago in Japan, so there is the possibility.
            MyAnimeList | Avatar: Kizuna Kazayama, The Rising of the Shield Hero
            Watching: Love Live!, Buddy Complex, Blue Period, Wonder Egg Priority
            Simulcasts: HZG, DAL, MMZ, KGS, KCC, LGH, RSH, RKO, SHE, TNB, SXF, KKD, KGN, YKN, AAS, DEA, ESL, SJC, PPK, MJS, AHA, WOM
            The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X