Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowhand
    replied
    Hunter x Hunter, Set 6 on Blu-ray/DVD | Official English Trailer | VIZ

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied
    Only one more release left! Can't believe this we'll actually see the whole thing released after all these years. Still crossing my fingers beyond all hope that Viz gives us some kind of LE release for the final set with a artbox to hold the whole series (impossible I know).

The long wait between release has sucked, which I guess is partly due to Toonami though I can't complain too much since I'm kind of behind on collecting the reent sets.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
    The original DVDs sold terribly for Viz when they had the license (hence the OVAs never getting picked up in the first place) plus there's no Blu-ray in Japan, do you really want to see them upscale them all themselves? Death Note, Bleach & InuYasha made sense because they were major sellers for Viz in the past but out of those released, only Death Note's upscale turned out good so far.

There's also another issue since the DVDs were missing the second opening and second & third endings because of music rights crap and just like it did back then with HxH, Nana & especially Monster with it's rearranged score, that will affect sales just like any potential upscale issues will. We're kinda seeing it now with the response to InuYasha's BDs since it has yet to be confirmed if they will include the Johnny's-related songs like on the DVDs.
    Before Hunter x Hunter (2011) aired, the original series and the OVAs publisher was Nippon Animation. Sometime after Hunter x Hunter 2011 aired, any notation of Hunter x Hunter (among many other non-related properties) was removed on its Nippon Animation English site (toward late 2012). I think Nippon Animation is no longer the publisher. It wouldn't surprise me if the license isn't available for international licensing (maybe because of the existence of the newer series; publisher is NTV).

http://web.archive.org/web/201202131...ogue/main.html
    http://web.archive.org/web/201301150...on.com/program

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied
    It's ridiculous how long we have to wait for each set, but at least there's only one more after this one. I wish we got any kind of special releases at all (other than that one SteelBook), but at least once I have the complete series on Blu-ray with the dub, I'll be content. If they ever want to re-release it in a more extravagant form, I'll be more than happy to double-dip.

Leave a comment:

• NJ_
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
    Once they finish 2011 I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of TV '99 and the OVAs finally getting released over here. With a new dub for all of them. 3 BD boxes would be swell((31-31 for the TV) & 30 for the OVAs)
    I'm one of the few who likes Blue Water and can admit they did a terrible job with the original show's dub so I understand wanting a new dub with the much better Bang Zoom 2011 cast but with that said...

The original DVDs sold terribly for Viz when they had the license (hence the OVAs never getting picked up in the first place) plus there's no Blu-ray in Japan, do you really want to see them upscale them all themselves? Death Note, Bleach & InuYasha made sense because they were major sellers for Viz in the past but out of those released, only Death Note's upscale turned out good so far.

There's also another issue since the DVDs were missing the second opening and second & third endings because of music rights crap and just like it did back then with HxH, Nana & especially Monster with it's rearranged score, that will affect sales just like any potential upscale issues will. We're kinda seeing it now with the response to InuYasha's BDs since it has yet to be confirmed if they will include the Johnny's-related songs like on the DVDs.

Leave a comment:

• Rhys2753
    replied
    Once they finish 2011 I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of TV '99 and the OVAs finally getting released over here. With a new dub for all of them. 3 BD boxes would be swell((31-31 for the TV) & 30 for the OVAs)
    Last edited by Rhys2753; 05-31-2019, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chacranajxy
    replied
    To think we might actually see this whole thing released. I will never understand Viz's glacial release schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    It's about time it comes out. Just one more volume left to go.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
    Thank goodness. Only one more to go after this, right?
    All signs point to 1 more set (episodes 124 - 148).

Leave a comment:

• Mach Rider
    replied
    Thank goodness. Only one more to go after this, right?

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    via TRSI:

- Hunter x Hunter: Set 6 (Blu-ray) - 530 minutes - $49.99 - 8/13/19
    Hunter X Hunter Set 6 contains anime episodes 100-123, the second part of the Chimera Ant arc.

Special Features: Art Gallery, English Cast Interviews, Clean Opening and Ending Songs, Trailers, Ending Credits
    - Hunter x Hunter: Set 6 - 530 minutes - $39.99 - 8/13/19
    Hunter X Hunter Set 6 contains anime episodes 100-123, the second part of the Chimera Ant arc.

Special Features: Clean Opening and Ending Songs, Trailers, Ending Credits.
    Last edited by WTK; 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied
    What I wouldn't give for Viz to do an LE for the final set containing an artbox with room to house all the previous releases (one can only dream).

Leave a comment:

• Animefan1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
    Yeah, Set 6 is long overdue now that the show is getting close to the end of its Toonami run. Two more releases left to go.
    Given how they've been releasing the set since Set 3, I expect it won't be until August/September for the next Set and March/April 2020 for the final one, so 7-8 months for a new HxH set.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied
    Yeah, Set 6 is long overdue now that the show is getting close to the end of its Toonami run. Two more releases left to go.

Leave a comment:

• NJ_
    replied
    Waiting for Set 6 myself so I can buy that, Set 5 and The Last Mission in one order.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X