Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Someone on the blu-ray.com forums found this listing on TRSI.

Comment

Given the way Viz does business, I would have to think that the GWP would be some sort of coin. Seeing that there are going to be 12 volumes that it makes sense to release it like this.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Echidna, Re:Zero
      Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Ordered. Would've liked something a little spiffier, but at least it's getting a solid release. And there hasn't been a Viz release I've needed to order from TRSI, so I haven't gotten the coin yet, but now I get that with this as well. If the gift with purchase happens to be another coin, that would be somewhat amusing.

Most importantly, though... we're finally getting it! And next month, no less!
        My Top Anime | Manga
        My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
        My FP Reviews | Twitter
        FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Wow! Wasn't expecting this next month already. What a nice surprise! I really hope that's an o-card around the packaging, this would look very spiffy without the Blu-ray banner.
          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Kind of disappointed about the lack of effort put into this release by Viz. This show definitely deserves the same amount of amazingness they're doing for Sailor Moon. Really wanted to see a LE with a chipboard artbox, but oh well. Also 13 episodes sets is kind of a bummer too considering the immense size of this show, would have been nice to have it in fewer sets.
            My Anime List
            Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
              Kind of disappointed about the lack of effort put into this release by Viz. This show definitely deserves the same amount of amazingness they're doing for Sailor Moon. Really wanted to see a LE with a chipboard artbox, but oh well. Also 13 episodes sets is kind of a bummer too considering the immense size of this show, would have been nice to have it in fewer sets.
              I was definitely hoping for the same treatment as Sailor Moon, which is why I was happy to see Viz license it in the first place, since no other company does that kind of thing for such long series, so I share in your disappointment there. I didn't think for a second we'd be getting anything but one-cour sets for its initial release, though. Almost no new series is released in larger chunks to start out with.
              My Top Anime | Manga
              My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
              My FP Reviews | Twitter
              FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

TRSI links & info round-up:

- Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $54.97 - 10/25/16
                Hunter X Hunter set 1 contains episodes 1-13 plus 3 art cards for a limited time only.

Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs, and more TBA.

While supplies last, Hunter X Hunter Set 1 Blu-ray will be shipping with a special gift with purchase! Check back for details!
                - Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (DVD) - 325 minutes - $39.99 - 10/25/16
                Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs.

Comment

Is Viz's BD going to be native?

Comment

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post
                    Is Viz's BD going to be native?
                    Native HD? I feel like this is kind of an odd question for such a recent series. The old HxH series maybe, but the new one? It was made in HD. It's streaming and airing on TV in HD. There's no reason to think it might be an upscale or something.

Comment

• Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

The fuck is this 13 episode garbage?

This is a 150 episode series.

Actually, it's Viz. I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post

See, you say that, but Funi is doing the exact same thing with Fairy Tail, and that's almost twice as long.

Comment

I would have liked the sets to have closer to 20 episodes per set, given it's length, but it's not to be.

Since this show is long, I'll probably wait for larger sets down the road. My backlog's so dang massive so I can wait a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post

See, you say that, but Funi is doing the exact same thing with Fairy Tail, and that's almost twice as long.
                            And FUNimation has been doing it with One Piece for nearly an entire decade, and that show is 700+ episodes long now (and will probably hit 1,000+ before it ends) and while they're years away from releasing those on DVD, they'll continue to release new episodes in voyage sets. There's like what, 30+ voyage sets at this point?
                            Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Do you really think they have any choice in the matter? This took a whole year after the series ended for it to even be announced as licensed. I doubt any other company would have been able to do more per set.

Comment

Plus they need to make their money back as they likely had to pay quite a bit for the license (especially since NTV funded almost the entire anime (VAP and Madhouse which are on the committee are owned by NTV), even more so after Shueisha left the committee (when the show moved to being late-night)), and then there's the dubbing costs.
                                Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X