Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

FWIW...Viz Media currently refer episodes 14 - 26 as second half of Season 1.

Clipped from PR (Jan 6)
    HUNTER X HUNTER
    • Catch the second-half of Season 1 of the supernatural action adventure with the addition of Episodes 14-26, available to stream with newly updated subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post

Clipped from PR (Jan 6)
      HUNTER X HUNTER
      • Catch the second-half of Season 1 of the supernatural action adventure with the addition of Episodes 14-26, available to stream with newly updated subtitles.
      Clipped from today's PR from Viz...so episodes 27-39 is part of "Season 1"?
      New anime content for February includes:

HUNTER X HUNTER
      • The supernatural action adventure of HUNTER X HUNTER Season 1 continues in February with Episodes 27-39 available to stream in their entirety featuring brand new subtitles that are true to VIZ Media’s original translations of the manga series by Yoshihiro Togashi.

Comment

Clipped from PR (Jan 6)
        HUNTER X HUNTER
        Clipped from today's PR from Viz...so episodes 27-39 is part of "Season 1"?
        New anime content for February includes:

HUNTER X HUNTER
        • The supernatural action adventure of HUNTER X HUNTER Season 1 continues in February with Episodes 27-39 available to stream in their entirety featuring brand new subtitles that are true to VIZ Media’s original translations of the manga series by Yoshihiro Togashi.
        1/2 + 1/2 +1/2 = ...meh whatever. Bring on seasons 1's third half!
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
          Actually, Bang Zoom may very well be where the franchise is headed. Justin Sevakis hinted a little while ago at working on a project for Viz that would be announced "soon," and he only deals with the shows Bang Zoom has done post production for (since Subatomic handles their Studiopolis and Ocean stuff). This could possibly be it.
          I personally hope it's Studiopolis, given that it has been Viz Media's long time recording studio where they outsource some of their anime titles since 2005, not to mention they only do the Big Popular anime titles Viz has licensed, although I don't think Bang Zoom is out of the question given that this "could" be the title Justin was hinting a month before New York Comic-Con back in September of 2015.

But outside of Eureka Seven which had like around 50-52 episodes, most of the anime titles Bang Zoom has done for the long run(before and after the anime recessions in 2008 & 2012) have been 12-13 or 24 episode anime series, and they have never done any long running series to my knowledge in the vein of Naruto, Sailor Moon, and Bleach. Also I'm well aware Viz has recently used Bang Zoom! Entertainment on some of the titles they licensed (Vampire Knight, Blood Lad, Accel World, to name a few) since around late 2011 or early 2012 when Bandai Entertainment stop producing their titles. Still a bit skeptical for HxH going to Bang Zoom!, not that I'm against it, since the amount of ADR Directors at Bang Zoom is relatively larger compared to the amount of voice directors Studiopolis has (Suzanne and Jamie), and would do a better job ADR directing the story arcs in the show compared to the latter, it's just that BZ has not done a long running series in their history with anime dubbing, and would cost them hundreds to thousands of dollars to dub a long-running Shonen show, since they like to dub shows that are cheaper and more affordable compared to Studiopolis.

But hey we shall see, I still would like the series to see Hunter x Hunter be a Union dub, given the huge amount of characters the series has, the voice actors that could voice these specific characters, along seeing the return of some voice actors who haven't been in the anime dubbing game for a while. (e.g. Megan Hollingshead, Paul St. Peter). However, I won't hold my breath on that one, since outside of Naruto, Durarara, the Fate/Stay Knight series and among many other select Unionized anime titles, most of the current Anime titles that are dubbed in the LA area especially those done at Bang Zoom! Entertainment are Non-Union (sigh).
          Last edited by Animefan1995; 03-11-2016, 01:09 PM. Reason: Expanding some info on HunterxHunter being dubbed at Studiopolis; Small typo errors

Comment

C2E2 (March 18 - 20, 2016 @ Chicago, IL)

Saturday, March 19, 2016
            - VIZ Media Industry Pane | 4:15pm - 5:15pm
            - Hunter x Hunter Screening | 6:45pm - 7:45pm

Looks like on Saturday March 19 at C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo), Viz Media will be having a Industry Panel in addition to a Hunter x Hunter screening. I am expecting they might announce the English dub cast for the show, along with a Neon Alley release date and an Official release date for the Blu-ray and DVD.
            Last edited by Animefan1995; 03-08-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/711309298123587584
              Very first listen of the HxH 2011 dub! #VizPanel #C2E2 https://twitter.com/i/videos/711309298123587584
              Last edited by WTK; 03-26-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/713786508902277120
                When asked about HxH special edition release Amy said "We hope so"

Comment

Hunter x Hunter is replacing Parasyte on Toonami (4/16 1am)

Comment

Bang Zoom is handling Hunter X Hunter. This could be the show that Justin Sevakis is working on.
                    https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/716050685712670720

Comment

Wow! Awesome news. Wasn't expecting it this soon! Hope this show is a ratings explosion for Toonami, can't wait to check out the dub too.
                      Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
                        Bang Zoom is handling Hunter X Hunter. This could be the show that Justin Sevakis is working on.
                        https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/716050685712670720
                        It is since he retweeted that and "liked" mine.
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Airing on Toonami? In two weeks you say?! This is huge! Will definitely be checking it out for the premiere and maybe a few weeks after. Though I'll save most of it for the eventual blu-ray release. I just hope the home video releases don't take too long after the Toonami premiere to start coming out. God forbid they wait for it to finish airing in 3 years lol. Ideally they would start releasing it after each arc finishes airing.
                          My Anime List
                          Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Yeah figures. Not upset about it, since many of us knew it was going to be Bang Zoom! production from the start ever since Justin Sevakis teased that he was working on an unnounced Viz title last year, and this was the show he was talking about. Though to be honest, I have a good feeling that BZ is going to knock it out of the ballpark for the HxH dub, since the studio has a lot more voice directors compared to Studiopolis. In addition, the voice director(s) will do a good job on handling the performances on the voice actors dubbing the characters and the different arcs HxH has. Guess I stand corrected, since Studiopolis currently has two long runners in their plate (Naruto and Sailor Moon), and Viz didn't want to stress their client by adding in another long running show, which would delay the progress on one of the two long running shows.

This is a BIG surprise if you ask me, since this will be the first long running show Bang Zoom! has dub in almost a decade since Eureka Seven (although Doraemon could also count since it is a long-running show despite the English dub having two seasons of 26 episodes). But the first time Bang Zoom! dubs an 100+ episode series, given that most of the shows they dub throughout their history tend to be 12-13 or 24-26 episode anime series.

Now regardless of which dub (non-union or Union) the series will become (though it looks to be far-fetched this would be unionized), I do want to say this: Please, have the other voice actors (particularly the new ones that have not been used as often at BZ!) involved and getting roles rather than just re-using the same voice actors in your dubs over and over again. I know shouldn't make a fuss about it, but come at least the new voice actors that BZ! rarely uses need to have their cake and eat it too, you know.

But other than that, looking forward for Hunter X Hunter airing on Toonami, and this would be a huge sign that Williams Street would increase their relationship with Viz Media a lot more, since the only Viz title currently airing on the block is Naruto Shippuden.

Comment

Seeing that HxH is one of the shows with the highest amount of requests, it was destined for a Toonami run. I'm looking forward to watching this show and the dub seeing that a lot of people consider this to be the G.O.A.T. This should give Toonami something that delivers strong ratings for the next three years, and given the limited availability of Viz dubs that it makes lots of sense. Viz certainly needs to get One Punch Man on Toonami as well, and I think that could follow Dimension W when it finishes.
                              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Damn, that's amazing news. I don't have cable, so I really hope a home video release isn't too far off at this point.
                                My Top Anime | Manga
                                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...