Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTK
    replied
    Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
    Didn't Viz get "outbid" on this one at some point? It's just kind of interesting to see them actually license a title they said that someone else made a better offer for. Maybe the other entity retracted their offer or they weren't able to come to an agreement with the licensors.
    See below:
    Code:
    via Viz Media Facebook page (1/17/14)
    - "We were told another company got the license."

via Viz Media Facebook page (5/17/13)
    - "This is the reboot right? We put in an offer for it, but we didn't get the deal. The Japanese licensor doesn't have to let the people who didn't get it a notice of who got it, so we'll just have to wait for the announcement. Either way, who ever has it paid a pretty pretty penny for it..."

via Viz Media Twitter (9/23/11)
    - "with the new #HunterXHunter anime premiering in a week, any word of a simulcast?"
    - "ooo.. already? that doesn't look good for us. They would have told us Tweeps to blast it by now."

via HxH Podcast Twitter (7/1/12)
    - "Talked to funi, they heard about the show but no plans for release."

Leave a comment:

• Mc-Taz
    replied

Didn't Viz get "outbid" on this one at some point? It's just kind of interesting to see them actually license a title they said that someone else made a better offer for. Maybe the other entity retracted their offer or they weren't able to come to an agreement with the licensors. Either way, it's great news for the legion of fans who have been waiting for it. The show has a lot of high praise, but I'm reluctant to jump into any kind of long running shonen series.

Leave a comment:

• Rootsofjustice
    replied

Originally posted by Victor Fenix View Post
    Pretty good for a pickup. Now I'm wondering what Studio Viz will use since the episode count is too much for Bang Zoom!, leaving either Studiopolis (they already have two long-runners being dubbed ATM (Naruto and Sailor Moon) or (albeit less likely) Ocean
    Actually, Bang Zoom may very well be where the franchise is headed. Justin Sevakis hinted a little while ago at working on a project for Viz that would be announced "soon," and he only deals with the shows Bang Zoom has done post production for (since Subatomic handles their Studiopolis and Ocean stuff). This could possibly be it.

Leave a comment:

• Victor Fenix
    replied

Pretty good for a pickup. Now I'm wondering what Studio Viz will use since the episode count is too much for Bang Zoom!, leaving either Studiopolis (they already have two long-runners being dubbed ATM (Naruto and Sailor Moon) or (albeit less likely) Ocean

Leave a comment:

• strikezero00
    replied

If we can get reprint of the original series and maybe any attempt on the OVAs sequels even if subbed only OVA that would be great. Hopefully this does well for them to also consider the movies.

Leave a comment:

• brandough
    replied

oh my goddddd. I feel like my life has just been made!

Leave a comment:

• Chihiro Fujisaki
    replied

Woah, now there's a big surprise! Great to see this picked up at last!

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    started a topic [DVD/BD] Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/652531677072359425
    ANIME ANNOUNCEMENT: Hunter x Hunter makes it to US home media! DVD, blu-ray and English dub! #NYCC #VIZpanel https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQ5CGlkWgAECuLf.jpg:large
    Last edited by WTK; 10-09-2015, 12:14 PM.
Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X