Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waiting for Set 6 myself so I can buy that, Set 5 and The Last Mission in one order.
    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

    Comment


    • Yeah, Set 6 is long overdue now that the show is getting close to the end of its Toonami run. Two more releases left to go.
      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
      Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
      Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
        Yeah, Set 6 is long overdue now that the show is getting close to the end of its Toonami run. Two more releases left to go.
        Given how they've been releasing the set since Set 3, I expect it won't be until August/September for the next Set and March/April 2020 for the final one, so 7-8 months for a new HxH set.

        Comment


        • What I wouldn't give for Viz to do an LE for the final set containing an artbox with room to house all the previous releases (one can only dream).
          My Anime List
          Anime DVD/BD Collection

          Comment


          • via TRSI:

            - Hunter x Hunter: Set 6 (Blu-ray) - 530 minutes - $49.99 - 8/13/19
            Hunter X Hunter Set 6 contains anime episodes 100-123, the second part of the Chimera Ant arc.

            Special Features: Art Gallery, English Cast Interviews, Clean Opening and Ending Songs, Trailers, Ending Credits
            - Hunter x Hunter: Set 6 - 530 minutes - $39.99 - 8/13/19
            Hunter X Hunter Set 6 contains anime episodes 100-123, the second part of the Chimera Ant arc.

            Special Features: Clean Opening and Ending Songs, Trailers, Ending Credits.
            Last edited by WTK; 05-29-2019, 06:52 PM.

            Comment


            • Thank goodness. Only one more to go after this, right?
              Tensa Zangetsu

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                Thank goodness. Only one more to go after this, right?
                All signs point to 1 more set (episodes 124 - 148).

                Comment


                • It's about time it comes out. Just one more volume left to go.
                  MyAnimeList | Avatar: Nanako Yukishiro, Senryu Girl
                  Watching: Ingress, Ancient Magus' Bride, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                  Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
                  The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

                  Comment


                  • To think we might actually see this whole thing released. I will never understand Viz's glacial release schedule.

                    Comment


                    • Once they finish 2011 I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of TV '99 and the OVAs finally getting released over here. With a new dub for all of them. 3 BD boxes would be swell((31-31 for the TV) & 30 for the OVAs)
                      Last edited by Rhys2753; 05-31-2019, 09:41 AM.
                      My Anime List
                      YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                      Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                        Once they finish 2011 I wouldn't mind seeing a rerelease of TV '99 and the OVAs finally getting released over here. With a new dub for all of them. 3 BD boxes would be swell((31-31 for the TV) & 30 for the OVAs)
                        I'm one of the few who likes Blue Water and can admit they did a terrible job with the original show's dub so I understand wanting a new dub with the much better Bang Zoom 2011 cast but with that said...

                        The original DVDs sold terribly for Viz when they had the license (hence the OVAs never getting picked up in the first place) plus there's no Blu-ray in Japan, do you really want to see them upscale them all themselves? Death Note, Bleach & InuYasha made sense because they were major sellers for Viz in the past but out of those released, only Death Note's upscale turned out good so far.

                        There's also another issue since the DVDs were missing the second opening and second & third endings because of music rights crap and just like it did back then with HxH, Nana & especially Monster with it's rearranged score, that will affect sales just like any potential upscale issues will. We're kinda seeing it now with the response to InuYasha's BDs since it has yet to be confirmed if they will include the Johnny's-related songs like on the DVDs.
                        Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

                        Comment


                        • It's ridiculous how long we have to wait for each set, but at least there's only one more after this one. I wish we got any kind of special releases at all (other than that one SteelBook), but at least once I have the complete series on Blu-ray with the dub, I'll be content. If they ever want to re-release it in a more extravagant form, I'll be more than happy to double-dip.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
                            The original DVDs sold terribly for Viz when they had the license (hence the OVAs never getting picked up in the first place) plus there's no Blu-ray in Japan, do you really want to see them upscale them all themselves? Death Note, Bleach & InuYasha made sense because they were major sellers for Viz in the past but out of those released, only Death Note's upscale turned out good so far.

                            There's also another issue since the DVDs were missing the second opening and second & third endings because of music rights crap and just like it did back then with HxH, Nana & especially Monster with it's rearranged score, that will affect sales just like any potential upscale issues will. We're kinda seeing it now with the response to InuYasha's BDs since it has yet to be confirmed if they will include the Johnny's-related songs like on the DVDs.
                            Before Hunter x Hunter (2011) aired, the original series and the OVAs publisher was Nippon Animation. Sometime after Hunter x Hunter 2011 aired, any notation of Hunter x Hunter (among many other non-related properties) was removed on its Nippon Animation English site (toward late 2012). I think Nippon Animation is no longer the publisher. It wouldn't surprise me if the license isn't available for international licensing (maybe because of the existence of the newer series; publisher is NTV).

                            http://web.archive.org/web/201202131...ogue/main.html
                            http://web.archive.org/web/201301150...on.com/program

                            Comment


                            • Only one more release left! Can't believe this we'll actually see the whole thing released after all these years. Still crossing my fingers beyond all hope that Viz gives us some kind of LE release for the final set with a artbox to hold the whole series (impossible I know).

                              The long wait between release has sucked, which I guess is partly due to Toonami though I can't complain too much since I'm kind of behind on collecting the reent sets.
                              My Anime List
                              Anime DVD/BD Collection

                              Comment

                              Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

                              Channels

                              Collapse

                              Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X