Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chisel
    replied
    Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Airing on Toonami? In two weeks you say?! This is huge! Will definitely be checking it out for the premiere and maybe a few weeks after. Though I'll save most of it for the eventual blu-ray release. I just hope the home video releases don't take too long after the Toonami premiere to start coming out. God forbid they wait for it to finish airing in 3 years lol. Ideally they would start releasing it after each arc finishes airing.

Leave a comment:

• NJ_
    replied

Originally posted by AbZeroNow View Post
    Bang Zoom is handling Hunter X Hunter. This could be the show that Justin Sevakis is working on.
    https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/716050685712670720
    It is since he retweeted that and "liked" mine.

Leave a comment:

• Mach Rider
    replied

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Hunter x Hunter is replacing Parasyte on Toonami (4/16 1am)
    Wow! Awesome news. Wasn't expecting it this soon! Hope this show is a ratings explosion for Toonami, can't wait to check out the dub too.

Leave a comment:

• AbZeroNow
    replied

Bang Zoom is handling Hunter X Hunter. This could be the show that Justin Sevakis is working on.
    https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/716050685712670720

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Hunter x Hunter is replacing Parasyte on Toonami (4/16 1am)

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/713786508902277120
    When asked about HxH special edition release Amy said "We hope so"

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

https://twitter.com/NebsTV/status/711309298123587584
    Very first listen of the HxH 2011 dub! #VizPanel #C2E2 https://twitter.com/i/videos/711309298123587584
    Last edited by WTK; 03-26-2016, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Animefan1995
    replied

C2E2 (March 18 - 20, 2016 @ Chicago, IL)

Saturday, March 19, 2016
    - VIZ Media Industry Pane | 4:15pm - 5:15pm
    - Hunter x Hunter Screening | 6:45pm - 7:45pm

Looks like on Saturday March 19 at C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo), Viz Media will be having a Industry Panel in addition to a Hunter x Hunter screening. I am expecting they might announce the English dub cast for the show, along with a Neon Alley release date and an Official release date for the Blu-ray and DVD.
    Last edited by Animefan1995; 03-08-2016, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Animefan1995
    replied

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
    Actually, Bang Zoom may very well be where the franchise is headed. Justin Sevakis hinted a little while ago at working on a project for Viz that would be announced "soon," and he only deals with the shows Bang Zoom has done post production for (since Subatomic handles their Studiopolis and Ocean stuff). This could possibly be it.
    I personally hope it's Studiopolis, given that it has been Viz Media's long time recording studio where they outsource some of their anime titles since 2005, not to mention they only do the Big Popular anime titles Viz has licensed, although I don't think Bang Zoom is out of the question given that this "could" be the title Justin was hinting a month before New York Comic-Con back in September of 2015.

But outside of Eureka Seven which had like around 50-52 episodes, most of the anime titles Bang Zoom has done for the long run(before and after the anime recessions in 2008 & 2012) have been 12-13 or 24 episode anime series, and they have never done any long running series to my knowledge in the vein of Naruto, Sailor Moon, and Bleach. Also I'm well aware Viz has recently used Bang Zoom! Entertainment on some of the titles they licensed (Vampire Knight, Blood Lad, Accel World, to name a few) since around late 2011 or early 2012 when Bandai Entertainment stop producing their titles. Still a bit skeptical for HxH going to Bang Zoom!, not that I'm against it, since the amount of ADR Directors at Bang Zoom is relatively larger compared to the amount of voice directors Studiopolis has (Suzanne and Jamie), and would do a better job ADR directing the story arcs in the show compared to the latter, it's just that BZ has not done a long running series in their history with anime dubbing, and would cost them hundreds to thousands of dollars to dub a long-running Shonen show, since they like to dub shows that are cheaper and more affordable compared to Studiopolis.

But hey we shall see, I still would like the series to see Hunter x Hunter be a Union dub, given the huge amount of characters the series has, the voice actors that could voice these specific characters, along seeing the return of some voice actors who haven't been in the anime dubbing game for a while. (e.g. Megan Hollingshead, Paul St. Peter). However, I won't hold my breath on that one, since outside of Naruto, Durarara, the Fate/Stay Knight series and among many other select Unionized anime titles, most of the current Anime titles that are dubbed in the LA area especially those done at Bang Zoom! Entertainment are Non-Union (sigh).
    Last edited by Animefan1995; 03-11-2016, 02:09 PM. Reason: Expanding some info on HunterxHunter being dubbed at Studiopolis; Small typo errors

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

FWIW...Viz Media currently refer episodes 14 - 26 as second half of Season 1.

Clipped from PR (Jan 6)
    HUNTER X HUNTER
    • Catch the second-half of Season 1 of the supernatural action adventure with the addition of Episodes 14-26, available to stream with newly updated subtitles.
    Clipped from today's PR from Viz...so episodes 27-39 is part of "Season 1"?
    New anime content for February includes:

HUNTER X HUNTER
    • The supernatural action adventure of HUNTER X HUNTER Season 1 continues in February with Episodes 27-39 available to stream in their entirety featuring brand new subtitles that are true to VIZ Media’s original translations of the manga series by Yoshihiro Togashi.
    1/2 + 1/2 +1/2 = ...meh whatever. Bring on seasons 1's third half!

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Clipped from PR (Jan 6)
    HUNTER X HUNTER
    • Catch the second-half of Season 1 of the supernatural action adventure with the addition of Episodes 14-26, available to stream with newly updated subtitles.
    Clipped from today's PR from Viz...so episodes 27-39 is part of "Season 1"?
    New anime content for February includes:

HUNTER X HUNTER
    • The supernatural action adventure of HUNTER X HUNTER Season 1 continues in February with Episodes 27-39 available to stream in their entirety featuring brand new subtitles that are true to VIZ Media’s original translations of the manga series by Yoshihiro Togashi.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Clipped from PR (Jan 6)
    HUNTER X HUNTER

Leave a comment:

• BlaizeV
    replied

I think they should try to do something similar to their Sailor Moon releases in terms of packaging. Maybe an Artbox for every 4 blu rays? or even just for each major arc?

Leave a comment:

• mrclt1994
    replied

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
    Can't wait to start seeing the solicitations roll in. Waiting patiently to own this amazing series in blu-ray, and of course to rewatch it dubbed.
    same here, man. I hope Viz do something nice with the release

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

Can't wait to start seeing the solicitations roll in. Waiting patiently to own this amazing series in blu-ray, and of course to rewatch it dubbed.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X