Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wait time for these sets is definitely pretty horrendously long... It reminds me of when Viz would do six month waits inbetween the 13 episode uncut Naruto sets. So while waits this long are unusual, they aren't unprecedented.
    Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• That's what happens when a new show hits Toonami, you wait until sometime after a certain amount of episodes air for disc release dates with the only exception being Buu Kai (and all the older shows that came out before their Toonami premieres or re-runs).

At least there's another movie to look forward to with The Last Mission should Viz announce it this year.
      Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

• Yea going to have to blame Toonami on this horrendous wait between sets. I'd rather it wasn't airing on TV and we get the sets faster. At this rate it'll be forever before we get the whole series.
        My Anime List
        Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post

Considering they are releasing twice the amount of episodes as the earlier sets it only makes sense the time between them is doubled.
          True, but I would like if Viz starts releasing them every 6 months instead of having to release a new set 8-10 months after the last set. Besides, the 3rd set came out almost 1 year before the Heaven's arena arc aired on Toonami and the 4th set is around 11 months before the Greed Island arc began. It's just a Deja vu I'm seeing all over again.

Comment

• It's a totally reasonable request to get one cour every three months or two cours every six months, especially when the series started being released five years after its Japanese airing and the dub is obviously available since it has been running weekly on TV well ahead of the home video releases even before they slowed down so much. As has been mentioned, that last point unfortunately seems to hinder the release rate more than helping it, but eventually you'd think we'd be far enough behind and they could start releasing them at the standard rate so we "only" stay behind by the same amount.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
            My FP Reviews | Twitter
            FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• Set 4 up for pre-order @ TRSI.

DVD: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hunte...nter-Set-4-DVD
              BD: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hunte...-4-Blu-ray-GWP
              Order Hunter X Hunter Set 4 Blu-ray + GWP and receive an exclusive life-size gold Hunter License replica while supplies last, no Hunter Exam required! These Hunter license replicas are based on the ones in the series, are made from thick, durable plastic and are roughly the size of a standard credit card. Be sure to snag yours while they last!

Comment

• It figures that another hunter license was in order for the GWP. They are keeping things consistent, which is a good thing.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• A little ridiculous though considering in the context of the series the hunter license is supposed to be one of the most rare, valuable, and sought after items in the world, and yet the person who buys these sets now has several of them! I guess they do make mention in the show of people pawning their license for money...

Comment

• Hunter x Hunter, Volume 4 - Official English Trailer

Comment

• via TRSI:

- Hunter x Hunter: Set 5 (Blu-ray) - 530 minutes - $49.99 - 1/15/19
                      Hunter X Hunter Set 5 contains anime episodes 76-99, the beginning of the Chimera Ant arc.

Special Features: Art Gallery, English Cast Interviews, Clean Opening & Ending, Trailers, and Ending Credits
                      - Hunter x Hunter: Set 5 - 530 minutes - $39.99 - 1/15/19
                      Hunter X Hunter Set 5 contains anime episodes 76-99, the beginning of the Chimera Ant arc.

Special Features: Clean Opening & Ending, Trailers, and Ending Credits
                      Last edited by WTK; 10-12-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Can't believe it will be seven months after the 4th set was released in June but a year and one month since the Chimera Ant arc began on Toonami.

Guess we will be waiting another 7-8 months for Sets 6-7 to come out with the final one coming out by 2020.
                        Last edited by Animefan1995; 10-14-2018, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Animefan1995 View Post

Can't believe it will be seven months after the 4th set was released in June but a year and one month since the Chimera Ant arc began on Toonami.

Guess we will be waiting another -7-8 months for Sets 6-7 to come out with the final one coming out by 2020.
                          Ugh, they're really going to drag these releases out long enough to take the same amount of time between the first and last as it took for the entire series to air originally, even though it will be six years since the series ended in Japan.
                          My Top Anime | Manga
                          My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                          My FP Reviews | Twitter
                          FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

• https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1063880183424393217
                            Announcement: Hunter x Hunter The Last Mission is coming to theaters! Tickets on sale this December.
                            My Anime List
                            YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                            Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• http://4NN.cx/.139629
                              Viz Media announced at the Anime NYC event on Saturday that it will screen the Hunter ? Hunter -The Last Mission- anime film in theaters in the United States in January.
                              https://twitter.com/ADNanime/status/1063886284358410246
                              #HunterxHunter: The Last Mission sera disponibles dans les cinemas aux USA en janvier 2019.

Le film est sorti au Japon en decembre 2013.
                              Last edited by WTK; 11-17-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• via TRSI:

- Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (Blu-ray/DVD) - 90 minutes - $29.98 - 3/12/19
                                Special Features: Japanese Movie Premiere, Japanese Cast Interviews, Trailers, English Cast Interviews, Art Gallery
                                - Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission - 90 minutes - $19.98 - 3/12/19
                                Special Features: Japanese Movie Premiere, Japanese Cast Interviews, Trailers
                                Last edited by WTK; 01-02-2019, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X