Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art-chan
    replied
    Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post
    The fuck is this 13 episode garbage?

This is a 150 episode series.

Actually, it's Viz. I'm not surprised.
    I would have liked the sets to have closer to 20 episodes per set, given it's length, but it's not to be.

Since this show is long, I'll probably wait for larger sets down the road. My backlog's so dang massive so I can wait a while.

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post

See, you say that, but Funi is doing the exact same thing with Fairy Tail, and that's almost twice as long.

Leave a comment:

• Chacranajxy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doubleO7
    replied

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post
    Is Viz's BD going to be native?
    Native HD? I feel like this is kind of an odd question for such a recent series. The old HxH series maybe, but the new one? It was made in HD. It's streaming and airing on TV in HD. There's no reason to think it might be an upscale or something.

Leave a comment:

• Bat_Saiyan
    replied

Is Viz's BD going to be native?

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

TRSI links & info round-up:

- Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $54.97 - 10/25/16
    Hunter X Hunter set 1 contains episodes 1-13 plus 3 art cards for a limited time only.

Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs, and more TBA.

While supplies last, Hunter X Hunter Set 1 Blu-ray will be shipping with a special gift with purchase! Check back for details!
    - Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (DVD) - 325 minutes - $39.99 - 10/25/16
    Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
    Kind of disappointed about the lack of effort put into this release by Viz. This show definitely deserves the same amount of amazingness they're doing for Sailor Moon. Really wanted to see a LE with a chipboard artbox, but oh well. Also 13 episodes sets is kind of a bummer too considering the immense size of this show, would have been nice to have it in fewer sets.
    I was definitely hoping for the same treatment as Sailor Moon, which is why I was happy to see Viz license it in the first place, since no other company does that kind of thing for such long series, so I share in your disappointment there. I didn't think for a second we'd be getting anything but one-cour sets for its initial release, though. Almost no new series is released in larger chunks to start out with.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

Kind of disappointed about the lack of effort put into this release by Viz. This show definitely deserves the same amount of amazingness they're doing for Sailor Moon. Really wanted to see a LE with a chipboard artbox, but oh well. Also 13 episodes sets is kind of a bummer too considering the immense size of this show, would have been nice to have it in fewer sets.

Leave a comment:

• Mach Rider
    replied

Wow! Wasn't expecting this next month already. What a nice surprise! I really hope that's an o-card around the packaging, this would look very spiffy without the Blu-ray banner.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Ordered. Would've liked something a little spiffier, but at least it's getting a solid release. And there hasn't been a Viz release I've needed to order from TRSI, so I haven't gotten the coin yet, but now I get that with this as well. If the gift with purchase happens to be another coin, that would be somewhat amusing.

Most importantly, though... we're finally getting it! And next month, no less!

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

Given the way Viz does business, I would have to think that the GWP would be some sort of coin. Seeing that there are going to be 12 volumes that it makes sense to release it like this.

Leave a comment:

• Oniros
    replied

Someone on the blu-ray.com forums found this listing on TRSI.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

Yay sooner than I expected. Thought we'd have to wait till winter. Now to see how Viz releases this. Hope they put in the same amount of effort as their recent Sailor Moon Crystal LE release.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

https://twitter.com/GWOtaku/status/764225281796210688
    Hunter x Hunter news: show will make Blu-ray "this fall". No date just yet. The fruits of Toonami. #otakon

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

http://www.viz.com/streaming-schedule
    Hunter x Hunter Eps. 79-91 | Subbed | Aug 26

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X