Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Yeah, I don't see Hunter x Hunter getting larger sets (or if it does it will be a long wait). I think the show will do well sales-wise but probably not well enough that Viz will re-release it like they did with Naruto and Bleach as those two just have a larger audience. I think the price point for the episodes is fine. I mean, good grief, imagine if this were being released by Aniplex, *shudder*. (I mean, I do buy Aniplex's series that I want, but I would draw the line at a long-running series, though I guess I did make an exception with the Monogatari series)
    Avatar: Sena Kashiwazaki from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends
    Currently Watching: Bakemonogatari, Beyond the Boundary
    My anime collection: http://doctordoom85.filmaf.com/owned/anime
    My figure collection: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Doom85

Comment

Has anybody tried to read the Vol 2 hunter license with a bardcode scanner? Should be interesting...

Comment

https://twitter.com/DubTalkPodcast/s...58263610179584 (@ Anime Boston)
        no more hxh steel books

Comment

^ That's what I expected. Personally, I don't care for steel books, but I'm sure some will be sad.

Comment

figured as much so I sold mine off a few weeks ago

Comment

It figures that the steelbooks wouldn't last seeing that there are only a small handful of people out there that know of its existence. I don't really care for steelbooks, especially for long series.
              MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
              Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
              Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
              The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

https://twitter.com/tsunderica/statu...51600903532544 (March 31)
                Still knee deep in recording for the Greed Island arc. All the new characters I've heard so far sound super good. �� #HunterxHunter

Comment

• https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/861998627119431680
                  No word on Set 3 yet but we thank HxH fans so much for their excitement!

Should we be worried or is it too soon still?
                  My Anime List
                  YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                  Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

• ^ Well--it's airing on TV, right? How far along is it on TV? If more than enough episodes have aired, then maybe another set will be coming soon. If not, then it's more of the waiting game. We're not going to get another set if not enough episodes have aired. The downside with it airing on TV is it'll take longer to be released on DVD and Blu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                      ^ Well--it's airing on TV, right? How far along is it on TV? If more than enough episodes have aired, then maybe another set will be coming soon. If not, then it's more of the waiting game. We're not going to get another set if not enough episodes have aired. The downside with it airing on TV is it'll take longer to be released on DVD and Blu.
                      Episode 50 just aired last weekend, so it is almost far enough to solicit the fourth set.
                      MyAnimeList | Avatar: Main, Ascendance of a Bookworm
                      Watching: Gundam 00, Dorohedoro, Medaka Box, Golden Wind
                      Simulcasts: HZG, DKD, FRB, KGY, TOA-R, OGF, 8NT, ART, BNA, GLP. KKG, LSN, SKT, SBA, YFM, TOG, WLN, A3A, PCR, SHV
                      The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                        https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/861998627119431680

Should we be worried or is it too soon still?
                        Too early to worry. I may worry if Set 3 don't happen this year. I think it's also possible they may be looking into bigger sets (more episodes).

Comment

• Ugh this is so dumb. I'm sure I'm worried for nothing (Viz hasn't not finished a series in a while), but they really could benefit by speeding this up even just a little bit. We're going to hit the one year mark and not even have Set 4 at this rate.
                          Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

• I do not know what's going on in Viz's anime department as the usual release order for the Blu-ray/DVD Box sets of their licensed shows is every 3-4 months. But I have been noticing this situation with several of their licensed shows lately, I mean Sailor Moon S Part 2 set is being released 7 months after it's first set which is insane as their previous sets were released just 3 months like Naruto.

I have a hunch it could be that they don't want the Box Sets of their licensed series (e.g. Naruto, Sailor Moon) to interfere with each other in sales on the same month they come out. What do you guys think?

Comment

• to those who have decided to wait for larger sets: best of luck, at the rate these smaller sets are coming out .. you folks holding out for larger sets probably won't get the last ep set until ... 15 years from now? 20 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Animefan1995 View Post
                                I do not know what's going on in Viz's anime department as the usual release order for the Blu-ray/DVD Box sets of their licensed shows is every 3-4 months. But I have been noticing this situation with several of their licensed shows lately, I mean Sailor Moon S Part 2 set is being released 7 months after it's first set which is insane as their previous sets were released just 3 months like Naruto.

I have a hunch it could be that they don't want the Box Sets of their licensed series (e.g. Naruto, Sailor Moon) to interfere with each other in sales on the same month they come out. What do you guys think?
                                The Bleach Blu-ray sets have come to a halt now as well (or so it seems). I don't understand the eternity they are taking with all of these sets. Set 3 for Hunter x Hunter could have easily been out a month ago.
                                Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X