Widgets Magazine

Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chisel
    replied
    Re: Viz Media licenses Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    ^ http://www.rightstufanime.com/Hunter...-1-Blu-ray-GWP
    Order Hunter X Hunter set 1 and receive an exclusive life-size Hunter License replica while supplies last, no Hunter Exam required! These Hunter license replicas are based on the ones in the series, are made from thick, durable plastic and are roughly the size of a standard credit card. Be sure to snag yours while they last!
    That's really cool (though having it made of metal instead of plastic would have been even better). Wasn't planning on getting the one cour releases (was holding out for eventual two cour/whatevever the do re-releases), but with such a neat GWP, I'm debating on whether just to get it for the bonus. Decisions, decisions.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

^ http://www.rightstufanime.com/Hunter...-1-Blu-ray-GWP
    Order Hunter X Hunter set 1 and receive an exclusive life-size Hunter License replica while supplies last, no Hunter Exam required! These Hunter license replicas are based on the ones in the series, are made from thick, durable plastic and are roughly the size of a standard credit card. Be sure to snag yours while they last!

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    TRSI links & info round-up:

- Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $54.97 - 10/25/16
    Hunter X Hunter set 1 contains episodes 1-13 plus 3 art cards for a limited time only.

Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs, and more TBA.

While supplies last, Hunter X Hunter Set 1 Blu-ray will be shipping with a special gift with purchase! Check back for details!
    http://www.viz.com/watch/blu-ray/hun...box-sets/12500
    This Set includes 13 episodes on 2 BD discs.

Special Features: English Cast interviews, Art Gallery, Clean Opening/Ending songs, Trailers, and English Credits

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

I'm holding out hope we get larger (24/26) episode sets down the line. Hopefully they won't make us wait till they finish the initial releases of the 13 episode sets (which could very well take 3-4 years if they are waiting on the broadcasts) before doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Chacranajxy View Post
    The fuck is this 13 episode garbage?

This is a 150 episode series.

Actually, it's Viz. I'm not surprised.
    Well, it was important for Viz to get this show out ASAP seeing it has been five years since the show began airing, and this is one of the marquee titles out there. So it's more about timing seeing that they can only release as much as Toonami has aired this show.

Leave a comment:

• BigOnAnime
    replied

Plus they need to make their money back as they likely had to pay quite a bit for the license (especially since NTV funded almost the entire anime (VAP and Madhouse which are on the committee are owned by NTV), even more so after Shueisha left the committee (when the show moved to being late-night)), and then there's the dubbing costs.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied

Do you really think they have any choice in the matter? This took a whole year after the series ended for it to even be announced as licensed. I doubt any other company would have been able to do more per set.

Leave a comment:

• BigOnAnime
    replied

Originally posted by Glorian View Post

See, you say that, but Funi is doing the exact same thing with Fairy Tail, and that's almost twice as long.
    And FUNimation has been doing it with One Piece for nearly an entire decade, and that show is 700+ episodes long now (and will probably hit 1,000+ before it ends) and while they're years away from releasing those on DVD, they'll continue to release new episodes in voyage sets. There's like what, 30+ voyage sets at this point?

Leave a comment:

• Art-chan
    replied

I would have liked the sets to have closer to 20 episodes per set, given it's length, but it's not to be.

Since this show is long, I'll probably wait for larger sets down the road. My backlog's so dang massive so I can wait a while.

Leave a comment:

• Glorian
    replied

See, you say that, but Funi is doing the exact same thing with Fairy Tail, and that's almost twice as long.

Leave a comment:

• Chacranajxy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doubleO7
    replied

Originally posted by Bat_Saiyan View Post
    Is Viz's BD going to be native?
    Native HD? I feel like this is kind of an odd question for such a recent series. The old HxH series maybe, but the new one? It was made in HD. It's streaming and airing on TV in HD. There's no reason to think it might be an upscale or something.

Leave a comment:

• Bat_Saiyan
    replied

Is Viz's BD going to be native?

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

TRSI links & info round-up:

- Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $54.97 - 10/25/16
    Hunter X Hunter set 1 contains episodes 1-13 plus 3 art cards for a limited time only.

Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs, and more TBA.

While supplies last, Hunter X Hunter Set 1 Blu-ray will be shipping with a special gift with purchase! Check back for details!
    - Hunter x Hunter: Set 1 (DVD) - 325 minutes - $39.99 - 10/25/16
    Special Features: Trailers, Ending Credits, Cleaning Opening and Ending Songs.

Leave a comment:

• GingaDaiuchuu
    replied

Originally posted by Chisel View Post
    Kind of disappointed about the lack of effort put into this release by Viz. This show definitely deserves the same amount of amazingness they're doing for Sailor Moon. Really wanted to see a LE with a chipboard artbox, but oh well. Also 13 episodes sets is kind of a bummer too considering the immense size of this show, would have been nice to have it in fewer sets.
    I was definitely hoping for the same treatment as Sailor Moon, which is why I was happy to see Viz license it in the first place, since no other company does that kind of thing for such long series, so I share in your disappointment there. I didn't think for a second we'd be getting anything but one-cour sets for its initial release, though. Almost no new series is released in larger chunks to start out with.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X