Widgets Magazine

AD Police Files OVA (Kickstarter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] AD Police Files OVA (Kickstarter)

Widgets Magazine
    https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/statu...03035667148800
    AD Police Files OAV Kickstarter next year. New transfer being done from the original 35mm since it was never previously released on Blu-Ray.

Re: AD Police Files OVA (Kickstarter)

Great to see this happening too! They hinted at it before so I'm glad they are going to do it. I will for certain be supporting
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Ah, excellent. Finally something that hasn't been released on BD in Japan already. I'll definitely put some money towards this.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/AnimEigo/posts/930488930367258
        AD Police Kickstarter early 2016.

Comment

this and riding bean im thinking il back it

Comment

Will be backing this one up as well. I recall it was discussed in the early discussions of BGC to do AD Police and BG Crash as part of the ultimate set. But it seems that they will do each as a stand alone project.
            Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

I love A.D. Police Files, so I'll be backing this for sure. It's an underrated gem, and I enjoy it even more than Bubblegum Crisis. It's more my style, and I saw it first and have fond memories watching it. They did mention about possibly doing a new telecine to include this in the BGC set, but nothing came of it. I believe AnimEigo said they were unable to release Crash at that point because of licensing issues, or something in their contract. Hopefully they'll still release it at some point. I had no idea AnimEigo had the original film for AD Police!

Hopefully they'll include all the extras from the original DVD, which I own. That surprisingly has a ton of bonus content. I especially love the (admittedly kinda weird) music videos with the Lou Bonnevie songs. I own Viz's long-OOP release of the AD Police: Dead End City manga. I could see that being included similar to the Adam Warren comic books for Crisis, though I like my print copy, even if it is flopped.

At this rate, I'm crossing my fingers for a Vampire Princess Miyu Blu-ray. The 2001 DVDs have okay picture quality, but they could still be much better, and those old DVDs have HORRIBLE encoding. There hasn't been any upgrade since then!
              Last edited by PurpleWarrior13; 09-27-2015, 10:49 PM.
              Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Great to see this getting another chance. Given that it is a spinoff of Bubblegum Crisis that it was bound to happen.
                MyAnimeList | Avatar: Sitonai, Fate/Grand Order
                Watching: Galaxy Angel, Rayearth, Arte, City Hunter
                Simulcasts: EES-2, HIQ-4, GKY-3, IMH-2, DUN-3, IOR-3, STW-3, A3A-2, INU-Y, KHO, DBG, HIG-G, JJK, MTP, TKW, A3A, ASH, ADV, TSZ, K3B, MWZ, SLP, JEL, SDF, GBF-G, RRQ, DCF, 1RM-3
                The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

AnimEigo industry panel @ Animé Los Angeles

https://twitter.com/worldofcrap/stat...07273283461120
                  I think they’ve answered this before, but no HD remaster of AD Police Files is forthcoming, as film elements can’t be found.

Comment

Ah man. I was hoping this project would end up happening
                    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Sad to hear. Hopefully in time it can be found assuming it even still exists
                      Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

Aw that sucks. I am happy with my AnimEigo DVD, but I was still hoping this would finally happen one day. Makes me wonder why it was even announced if the film is lost.
                        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                          Aw that sucks. I am happy with my AnimEigo DVD, but I was still hoping this would finally happen one day. Makes me wonder why it was even announced if the film is lost.
                          It happens sometimes, including with live action films. The licensor says they have the materials, so a deal is made and the title is announced. Then when they go to pull the materials from their storage facility, the film isn't where their inventory says it should be. Or the canister is there, but it has another title in it, or it's empty. Basically, so far as the licensor knew, they DID have the materials, but they were removed, switched, or replaced at some point without it being recorded (so their inventory wasn't correct). Nothing you can do at that point.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                          Widgets Magazine
                          Working...
                          X