• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TV] Chiller airing more anime

Widgets Magazine
    http://4NN.cx/.90499
    U.S. TV Channel Chiller Runs Anime Block on Wednesdays
    posted on 2015-07-15 21:34 EDT

Is This a Zombie?, Tokyo Majin, Devil May Cry, Black Blood Brothers starting on Wednesday

American cable and satellite channel Chiller announced on Tuesday that it will begin showing a new programming block of supernatural and horror anime on Wednesdays named Anime Wednesdays. The block will run from 12:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.

Chiller previously ran an anime programming block in 2009, showing Tokko, Sword for Truth, and Descendants of Darkness. The channel has also previously aired Blood: The Last Vampire, Vampire Wars, and Ninja Scroll.

The block's schedule is as follows:
    • Is This a Zombie?, 12:00 a.m.
    • Tokyo Majin, 12:30 a.m.
    • Devil May Cry, 1:00 a.m.
    • Black Blood Brothers, 1:30 a.m.

Re: Chiller airing more anime

This is cool. Got my DVR set :D

Comment

and now for its sister channel SyFy to hop on the anime train soon (since SyFy has sufficient experience airing anime, having aired such shows since the 1990s).
      Last edited by Razzamatazz Buckshank; 07-15-2015, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Not bad, and it starts tonight, though I'm pretty sure they picked Is This A Zombie?! based on the title alone. I'll watch anyway since I've never seen any of the shows. I don't expect Syfy to start airing anime anytime soon. They haven't been the same in recent years since they changed the spelling of their name.
        Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

We'll see how long this lasts for. Getting flashbacks of SyFy a few years ago but good to hear nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
            Not bad, and it starts tonight, though I'm pretty sure they picked Is This A Zombie?! based on the title alone. I'll watch anyway since I've never seen any of the shows. I don't expect Syfy to start airing anime anytime soon. They haven't been the same in recent years since they changed the spelling of their name.
            Well, maybe once SyFy makes more sci-fi-related programming and drop the reality/non-sequitur stuff to a minimum (which at least they've been starting to do, beginning with them phasing out WWE from their lineup), maybe we could see them air anime again. Heck, we could see them revive the old Anime Unleashed block from the days of TechTV and G4 and have them air anime on weekdays (a two-hour block, much like Chiller's Anime Wednesdays), making it a good alternative to Adult Swim's Toonami (since Anime Unleashed will air on weekdays and Toonami only airs on Saturday nights). Much like the original block, for an anime title to be worthy to air on the block to avoid being non-sequitur, it has to contain stuff that deals with technology, futuristic themes, and/or science fiction (Fam, the Silver Wing (whom its predecessor Last Exile aired on TechTV, the predecessor off the now-defunct sister channel G4), Psycho-Pass, Gargantia, Aldnoah.Zero, Madoka Magica, Accel World and RailDex would make good candidates for this block). And hopefully with less edits applied than what Toonami does.

Comment

Might be a deal with Funi because theyre airing commercials for Tokyo Ghoul...

Comment

Originally posted by lolitsronald View Post
                Might be a deal with Funi because theyre airing commercials for Tokyo Ghoul...
                might also be because of that deal Funi has with Universal to distribute their titles for them.

Anyways, here's hoping either SyFy or Chiller gets Tokyo Ghoul (it could be a "trump card" title for them)

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
                  Not bad, and it starts tonight, though I'm pretty sure they picked Is This A Zombie?! based on the title alone.
                  Would you prefer a simuldub of "School Live!"?

Comment

So I watched this, and everything mostly went alright. However, Eu's notes in ITAZ weren't subtitled, and those scenes were impossible to follow, and the final scene in Tokyo Majin was clearly still a part of the episode, even though it had credits and was squished to the corner anyway against commercials.
                    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

First Anime Wednesdays ratings. I have no idea what to make of these numbers.

Is This A Zombie (Chiller, 12:00-12:30 a.m.) 91,000 viewers; 28,000 adults 18-49
                      Tokyo Majin (Chiller, 12:30-1:00 a.m.) 54,000 viewers; 14,000 adults 18-49
                      Devil May Cry (Chiller, 1:00-1:30 a.m.) 42,000 viewers; 7,000 adults 18-49
                      Black Blood Brothers (Chiller, 1:30-2:00 a.m.) 21,000 viewers; 1,000 adults 18-49

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                        I have no idea what to make of these numbers.
                        That adults had to get up for work in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX View Post
                          Originally posted by Rootsofjustice View Post
                          I have no idea what to make of these numbers.
                          That adults had to get up for work in the morning?
                          yep. that's pretty much the reason. putting it at midnight (and I'm probably going to assume that this is Eastern time) is a bad idea because that's a work day (putting it on late Saturday nights would also be a bad idea because it would compete with Toonami and would be destroyed by the latter). Most likely those viewers are college students who are spending their summer break and are staying up all night. A better idea would be to put it at 11:00PM, or better yet, put it at least two hours right before primetime. At least it will pull in more ratings.

Comment

I don't even know if this is good or bad but I'm leaning towards pretty damn bad. At the same time though why put this on a Wednesday night and not Friday? No competition with Toonami and less people working.

Comment

Originally posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
                              I don't even know if this is good or bad but I'm leaning towards pretty damn bad. At the same time though why put this on a Wednesday night and not Friday? No competition with Toonami and less people working.
                              that's exactly what I mean: put it either on late friday night or put it right before primetime or else this block will die very early in its run

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X