Clear All

• [US BD] Aniplex of America licenses Charlotte

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.charlotteanime.com/ | Charlotte Trailer

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Aniplex of America Acquires Charlotte, Classroom Crisis,
    GOD EATER and WAGNARIA!!3 for the Summer Season

Four Super Hot Titles Slated to Receive Simulcast Schedule!

SANTA MONICA, CA (June 24, 2015) –Aniplex of America Inc. announced today that they have acquired a total of four new anime titles to be joining their upcoming summer season lineup. These titles are Charlotte, Classroom Crisis, GOD EATER and WAGNARIA!!3. All of these titles along with the second arc of DURARARA!!×2 will be simulcast through streaming services such as the Aniplex Channel (AniplexChannel.com), Hulu (Hulu.com), Crunchyroll (Crunchyroll.com), DAISUKI (Daisuki.net), and Viewster (viewster.com).

Below are the details of each title’s simulcast schedule (specific times will be announced at a later date):

Title Premiere Date Available Service(s)
    Charlotte 7/4 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll, DAISUKI, Viewster
    Classroom Crisis 7/3 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll, DAISUKI, Viewster
    DURARARA!! x 2 (The Second Arc) 7/4 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll, DAISUKI
    GOD EATER 7/5 DAISUKI
    WAGNARIA!! 3 7/4 Aniplex Channel, Hulu, Crunchyroll,
    Last edited by WTK; 06-24-2015, 09:10 PM.

Re: Aniplex of America licenses Charlotte

Well, I expected this from the get-go. Probably my most anticipated anime for the season. Hopefully we get a good release here from AoA for this series. I'm scared to know how they plan to release it though.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

This actually kind of makes me sad.
      As of up to this point, between ADV & Sentai, those companies picked up almost all of the Visual Art's/Key titles ever made.
      The only thing they skipped was Toei's Kanon.

My AP Profile

Comment

Originally posted by The Coffee God View Post
        As of up to this point, between ADV & Sentai, those companies picked up almost all of the Visual Art's/Key titles ever made.
        At least now we'll have an LA cast in a Key/Visual Arts game

Comment

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
          That is, if they even dub it at all. With Aniplex it will more likely not be dubbed.
          Last edited by EmperorBrandon; 06-25-2015, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
            Originally posted by The Coffee God View Post
            Sure, if Aniplex even decides it's dub worthy. It's pedigree screams YES, but this is Aniplex, so...

Comment

Well, I knew that this was coming. Even so, this is something saddening like the stuff that goes on in Angel Beats seeing that all Key stuff has been with Sentai and they treated those shows well. But with Aniplex, I can expect a lot of pain coming.
              Avatar: Mahiru Shiina, The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten
              Watching: Dai-Guard, Black Summoner, Vermeil in Gold, Rumble Garanndoll
              Simulcasts: MSG, TYE, BLE, GKY, CSM, EOC, ESW, MOB, DIY, AMW, UYA, ARK, MHA, ALB, UZC, SXF, KKR, BTR, UWM, BLK
              A dedicated anime fan fan since 1997.

Comment

I'm actually interested in checking out this series. If I do end up liking it, I hope AoA at least includes everything in the JP release and preferably that it has a chipboard artbox. Even though it seems they're practically doing away with that.

Comment

Originally posted by RTSBPhoenix View Post
                  I'm actually interested in checking out this series. If I do end up liking it, I hope AoA at least includes everything in the JP release and preferably that it has a chipboard artbox. Even though it seems they're practically doing away with that.
                  I'm pretty sure the JP release will likely be singles (even though I'd prefer a BD box but oh well) and AoA will bring it over in a similar format (unless it bombs and they bring out a complete DVD set instead), though I'm still waiting out on the solicitations to be fairly sure of what to possibly expect. That said, I really hope streaming numbers justify a dub for this if it turns out to be great (although I'm trying to keep moderate expectations after my disappointment with Plastic Memories).

Comment

Originally posted by Student no.0 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the JP release will likely be singles (even though I'd prefer a BD box but oh well) and AoA will bring it over in a similar format (unless it bombs and they bring out a complete DVD set instead), though I'm still waiting out on the solicitations to be fairly sure of what to possibly expect. That said, I really hope streaming numbers justify a dub for this if it turns out to be great (although I'm trying to keep moderate expectations after my disappointment with Plastic Memories).
                    If it is going to be singles, I hope they'd be willing to do them in the same fashion as Sword Art Online. If not, then the packaging better be solid somehow. If it ends up getting gimped badly like in the way of Kill La Kill not getting any of the JP Booklets, I'm more than likely not going to get it even if I do like it well enough. How many episodes is this series going to be anyway?

Comment

How many episodes is this series going to be anyway?
                      Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we usually find this out once disc solicitations have been made right?

Comment

Originally posted by Student no.0 View Post
                        How many episodes is this series going to be anyway?
                        Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we usually find this out once disc solicitations have been made right?
                        Usually, but I was wondering if it was known yet.

Comment

Wakanim (France) started to stream live-action episode 0 earlier today: LINK. It will be interesting to see if this will be streamed for North America.

Comment

Usually, but I was wondering if it was known yet.
                            I checked Amazon JP and the official site, but nothing yet. Perhaps they'll be put out on the day the show begins its run?
                            Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            Wakanim (France) started to stream live-action episode 0 earlier today: LINK. It will be interesting to see if this will be streamed for North America.
                            Nice find!

Comment

Streaming site round-up:
                              - http://www.crunchyroll.com/charlotte
                              - http://www.daisuki.net/anime/detail/Charlotte
                              - http://www.hulu.com/charlotte
                              - http://www.viewster.com/serie/1263-19524-000/charlotte/

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X