Widgets Magazine

Funimation licenses Dragon Ball Super

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hint of FUNimation already acquiring Dragon Ball Super?

Wait, you mean I can finally start watching the show legally? YES!!!!!

Comment

Re: Hint of FUNimation already acquiring Dragon Ball Super?

Originally posted by blaizevincent View Post
      I seriously wonder why this has taken so long, like I'm not wrong in saying Dragon Ball is much more popular in the states than Japan at this point right, at least so far as the Anime is concerned? So why would Toei presumably hold it back for so long? It's been strange but also seems now that the wait is finally over.
      They were probably trying to insist that it get a broadcast.

Comment

FUNimation licenses Dragon Ball Super

Dub confirmed (details TBD), Funimation as a simulcast and home video distributor confirmed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...on-english-dub

Funimation and Toei Animation announced the Dragon Ball Super English dub is in production. Funimation will also start simulcasting the newest episode of Dragon Ball Super this weekend.

Though Funimation didn't say when we can expect the dub, Funimation is adding the English subtitled episodes of Dragon Ball Super (1-10 and 47-64) to its library at 10 a.m. PT today. Episodes 11-46 will be added "once subtitling has been completed."

Funimation will also handle home video distribution of Dragon Ball Super for the United States and Canada.

Comment

Re: Funimation licenses Dragon Ball Super

Series page: http://www.funimation.com/shows/dragon-ball-super

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/...ovember-5-2016
          “DRAGON BALL SUPER” SUBTITLED EPISODES BEGIN STREAMING TODAY ON FUNIMATIONNOW WITH NEW SIMULCAST EPISODES STARTING NOVEMBER 5, 2016
          Posted by Funimation on 11/04/2016 at 11:15am

Funimation to Produce English Dub of New Series

LOS ANGELES, CA – November 4, 2016. Building upon their more than 20-year association with the Dragon Ball franchise, Funimation® Entertainment and Toei Animation Inc. have expanded their partnership to include “Dragon Ball Super” – the first new storyline from original creator Akira Toriyama in more than 18 years. Encompassing streaming, digital download and home video distribution, their multi-year agreement will introduce “Dragon Ball Super” throughout the USA & Canada. In addition, the partnership also covers broadcast and merchandising opportunities for “Dragon Ball Super” as well. Fans can immediately begin watching current subtitled episodes of “Dragon Ball Super” (episodes 1 – 10 and 47 – 64) on FunimationNow followed by new simulcast episodes which will begin with episode 65 this Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. CT. Episodes 11 – 46 will be available on FunimationNow once subtitling has been completed. In conjunction with the agreement, production will begin on an English dub of the “Dragon Ball Super” series, with broadcast and casting details to follow.

“We are thrilled to continue our great partnership with Toei Animation’” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and founder of Funimation. “Like with the recent blockbuster Dragon Ball Z movies, having original creator Akira Toriyama passionately involved in ‘Dragon Ball Super’ is so wonderful to see and for fans to experience.”

““We are delighted to introduce ‘Dragon Ball Super’ to a fantastic audience together with Funimation” said Masayuki Endo, President of Toei Animation Inc. “’Dragon Ball Super’ encompasses everything fans love about Dragon Ball, while talking the mythology to a whole new level. Toei’s team of talented animators and creators have put their passion and imagination into this series.”

https://youtu.be/nZKs2Sbx4iM

Comment

It was only a matter of time. Hoping we get Blu-ray by May of 2017 at the latest. I wonder what's going on with Kai Final Chapters even more now though.
            Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Seeing how they already have a products page up, some listings soon?

Comment

For my opinion on this news, search "Vegeta And Mr. Popo - TeamFourStar (TFS)" on Youtube and skip to 1:02.
                Joseph Klemm
                "Neco-san desu-o!! meeeeowww!"

Spring 2015 Plans
                Friday: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
                Saturday: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
                Sunday: Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic

Comment

I expected this announcement shortly after the series was announced, so this is only about a year and a half late. Well hopefully they have in fact had it for long enough that they'll at least have the first cour solicited on bilingual Blu-ray and DVD soon, for release early in the year. And who the hell knows if we'll ever hear anything official about the rest of Kai?
                  My Top Anime | Manga
                  My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                  My FP Reviews | Twitter
                  FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

Hopefully they skip the first 27 episodes.

Comment

They won't

Comment

Didn't some of the first half of the series get upgraded animation when they released it on BD in Japan? I thought I recalled hearing that from somewhere.
                        Tensa Zangetsu

Comment

Yeah, they fixed the animation, but that doesn't fix the terrible, long and drawn out fights. The Beerus/Goku fight was longer than the entirety of the Battle of Gods movie. Why would I want to be bored watching a story that is 90 minutes long drag on for 12 episodes? The same goes for Resurrection F. There was no need to add that Ginyu crap into it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                            Hopefully they skip the first 27 episodes.
                            https://twitter.com/VoiceOfVegeta/st...93880807268352

I can tell you that when Super is dubbed it will be dubbed from the beginning.
                            Originally posted by Mach Rider View Post
                            Didn't some of the first half of the series get upgraded animation when they released it on BD in Japan? I thought I recalled hearing that from somewhere.
                            Only 2 episodes got fixed.

https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/794604883345285120

5 and 25 are the only ones so far with major corrections. Most of the other stuff are minor continuity/general error correction.
                            5 had the (infamous) Goku/Beerus fight from King Kai's planet (Comparison: screencaps / video) and 25 covered part of the SSB Goku/Golden Freeza fight (video comparison).
                            Last edited by NJ_; 11-07-2016, 10:45 AM.
                            Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

I meant when they release it on BD that they start with 28 and then circle back. There is no way in hell I'm wasting money on the first 27 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMessiah View Post
                                I meant when they release it on BD that they start with 28 and then circle back. There is no way in hell I'm wasting money on the first 27 episodes.
                                You know that's not going to happen so here's hoping that they at least release 1-14 & 15-27 in those first two sets so that the third doesn't have any of the RF arc in there.
                                Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X