Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTK
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (Seasons 1 & 2)

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Sentai Filmworks Serves Up “Food Wars! The Second Plate”
    High-stakes culinary combat never tasted this good!

HOUSTON, JUNE 29, 2016 – The culinary combat phenomenon, Food Wars!, returns this summer with its highly anticipated second season, Food Wars! The Second Plate. Sentai Filmworks picked up this sizzling hot series and is making it available for simulcast and streaming through select digital partners.

“Food Wars! has proven to be one of the most distinctive franchises in recent history,” says John Ledford, CEO, Sentai Filmworks, “We are extremely proud of its unmatched originality and fantastic blend of action and comedy which has inspired such a passionate fan following. We are thrilled to launch Food Wars! The Second Plate and look forward to making it available wherever fans choose to enjoy it.”

The 13-episode second season of Food Wars! picks up where the first season left off on the cusp of the contested Fall Selection. Eight of the most talented first-year students of the elite Tohtsuki Academy wage a culinary battle to advance to the next round of the Fall Selection, a kitchen-based showdown that will decide who will rise in the ranks and who will end up on the chopping block. Underdog Soma Yukihira’s cooking may leave his customers begging for another bite, but are his skills enough to face off with opponents as equally talented (and merciless) when it comes to the palate as him?

The team behind the first season returns for the second season, with Yoshitomo Yonetani as director, and Shogo Yasukawa (Chivalry of a Failed Knight) in charge of series composition. Character design was again helmed by Tomoyuki Shitaya with music by Tatsuya Katou. Animation production was handled by J. C. Staff, the same studio responsible for Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? and Flying Witch.

Food Wars! The Second Plate is scheduled for a July 2016 broadcast in Japan. It will soon be available through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.
    Last edited by WTK; 06-29-2016, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't The World God Only Knows OVAs originally released with manga volumes?
    They initially were, but then later got standalone Blu-ray releases.

Leave a comment:

• Art-chan
    replied

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
    Ok so the second season is a given pick-up when the time comes. My question today is whether it's in the realm of possibility that Sentai can pick up and release the jump special that screened this fall and is coming out on DVD with Volume 18 in may. And include it with their release of Season one at some point. Have they picked up manga OVAs before? I'm drawing a blank.
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't The World God Only Knows OVAs originally released with manga volumes?

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
    Ok so the second season is a given pick-up when the time comes. My question today is whether it's in the realm of possibility that Sentai can pick up and release the jump special that screened this fall and is coming out on DVD with Volume 18 in may. And include it with their release of Season one at some point. Have they picked up manga OVAs before? I'm drawing a blank.
    Well, I hope that they can pick it up. But the thing to remember is that there are times when negotiations for OVA episodes go through a different party rather than the publisher. Viz explained that as I remember that there were people asking questions about why a certain series is released without its OVA episodes, and the rights were owned by the game or manga publisher, and their demands were just too cost-prohibitive from what I can remember. Similar situations have arisen for other such shows, but in general it all depends on who Sentai has to negotiate with in order to get it.

Leave a comment:

• 27CansOfTuna
    replied

They didnt pick up Haikyuu's.

Leave a comment:

• AgentX
    replied

only thing that comes to mind is the HotD OVA.
    other than that...?

Leave a comment:

• Rhys2753
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

I honestly would be pretty surprised if Food Wars doesn't end up getting dubbed considering how popular it was while airing.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/131544321501
    All of your recent dubs have been outstanding. So, is there any plans on Food Wars getting a dub!!?? Please let it be true!!!

Thanks, we're glad you guys are into them!

Food Wars was a big surprise. We had a strong feeling that it was going to be something really good, but the level at which the show took off with you guys was amazing. That always bodes well for a title when it comes down to deciding whether or not to dub it, so it's already got one feather in its cap.

Leave a comment:

• Mc-Taz
    replied

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
    Am i missing some context? When was a Food Wars collectors edition announced?
    It wasn't. The person was just inquiring about the prospect of one being released. I'd pick one up because I really enjoyed the series.

Leave a comment:

• 27CansOfTuna
    replied

Am i missing some context? When was a Food Wars collectors edition announced?

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/131303941341
    Any news about a DanMachi, Shokugeki collector's edition?

Right now all of our energy is going toward trying to make a Nozaki-kun box set happen (cross your fingers!), but those two titles are definitely popular enough to warrant it. Right now we don't have a definitive answer, but keep asking, we're always listening.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Originally posted by WTK View Post
    Food Wars! (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Food-Wars/Info)

Schedule: Mon @ 3:25 PM Eastern, starting 5/4/2015
    Languages: Japanese w/ English Subtitles
    It's now starting to stream on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/food-wars.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Food Wars! (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Food-Wars/Info)

Schedule: Mon @ 3:25 PM Eastern, starting 5/4/2015
    Languages: Japanese w/ English Subtitles

Leave a comment:

• 27CansOfTuna
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars

Thought this would go to viz since the manga ties, guess they dont want it :/

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X