• Show
Clear All

• Rhys2753
    replied
    Dang no OVAs

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (Seasons 1 & 2)

via Sentai Filmworks Shop & TRSI:

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: Season 1 Collection (DVD) - 600 minutes - $79.98 - 8/15/17
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...nt=42325653973
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray) - 600 minutes - $99.98 - 8/15/17
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ete-collection
    Special Features: Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 600 minutes - $199.98 - 8/15/17
    - https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/pro...ete-collection
    Custom Box; Hardcover Booklet; Apron; Chopsticks; Art Cards; Metal Pins; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

​​​​​​​Title: FOOD WARS! COMPLETE COLLECTION
    Published by: Sentai Filmworks
    Distributed by: Section23 Films
    Run Time: 600 min.
    Street Date: 8/15/2017
    Format: BD, DVD COMBO
    Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
    SRP: $99.98, $79.98, $199.98

DVD: Disc 1 (100 min) eps. 1-4; Disc 2 (125 min) eps. 5-9; Disc 3 (125 min) eps. 10-14; Disc 4 (125 min) eps. 15-19; Disc 5 (125 min) eps. 20-24
    BD: Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (225 min) eps. 10-18; Disc 3 (150 min) eps. 19-24
    BD/DVD LE: Disc 1 (225 min) eps. 1-9; Disc 2 (225 min) eps. 10-18; Disc 3 (125 min) eps. 19-24; Disc 1 (100 min) eps. 1-4; Disc 2 (125 min) eps. 5-9; Disc 3 (125 min) eps. 10-14; Disc 4 (125 min) eps. 15-19; Disc 5 (125 min) eps. 20-24

Special Features (DVD, BD): Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Special Features (BD/DVD LE): Custom Box; Hardcover Booklet; Apron; Chopsticks; Art Cards; Metal Pins; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation
    Last edited by WTK; 04-25-2017, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EmperorBrandon
    replied
    Yep, this summer is looking to be very expensive for me as far as anime sets go.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

http://www.animationmagazine.net/hom...d-wars-box-set
    The premium box set comes in a specialty chipboard ?bento box? and includes complete first season DVD/Blu-ray combo pack (24 episodes, English dub included) with double-sided case covers in the interior. Plus, a hardback, full-color collector?s booklet featuring characters, setting and story descriptions; double-sided art cards of the characters in various stages of foodgasm; distinctive ?Yukihira?s? restaurant chopsticks; and a three-piece metal pin set with Soma, Erina and the Tohtsuki Academy logo.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-25-2017, 03:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied

Aw yea I am so down for the LE/CE/PE WHEN it drops.

Leave a comment:

• Mach Rider
    replied

I absolutely cannot wait and I am stoked this is so close to finally being solicited. Hope the dub is good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

It will be interesting to see how this is solicited. This show is most definitely going to get a LE release, but the question is if it will be just for the first season or both seasons. Given the timing of the announcement that it is just going to be for the first season as August is too soon to include the second, but we shall see about that. What I just don't want to see is an LE for each season, and ideally if it's too soon to solicit the second season that there's an empty slot for the second season like how Funimation does LEs. But the problem is the size of the case and the way the product is sold as Sentai uses DVD-sized cases for all their LEs, as well as doing combos when the SEs are either BD or DVD alone. In any case, we will find out soon how exactly Sentai handles the release for this show. I'm hoping that the artbook contains recipes for the dishes cooked in that show.

Leave a comment:

• strikezero00
    replied

Originally posted by Jin12 View Post
    Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
    If the trend with the newsletter continues, looks like Food Wars may be on the next solicitation (title is part of the subject line, plus the image at the bottom of the knife).
    Whoa? No way! It only took them over 2 years to release one of their most popular and anticipated series!

Edit: To be fair, they did wait for the second season to finish airing so they could release all 3 cours at once, I assume.
    If we are going by the minimum wait time of 6 months after the final JP BD volume is released then last month was their last volume release of the 2nd season so full series release would be at the earliest around September. I do wonder if it will be the whole series being bundled into one release from the get go since My Love Story and soon Gate complete collection around July being the only examples. Speaking of July that's also when the final manga bundled OVA will have released in Japan and we can't know for certain if Sentai will want to license that as well.
    Last edited by strikezero00; 04-20-2017, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jin12
    replied

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
    If the trend with the newsletter continues, looks like Food Wars may be on the next solicitation (title is part of the subject line, plus the image at the bottom of the knife).
    Whoa? No way! It only took them over 2 years to release one of their most popular and anticipated series!

Edit: To be fair, they did wait for the second season to finish airing so they could release all 3 cours at once, I assume.
    Last edited by Jin12; 04-19-2017, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tigeress02
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slowhand
    replied

https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/140259174877

Ugh...Food Wars is going to be the last "The Dubs Are Coming" dub, isn't it?

By process of elimination, yes. And Ushio & Tora.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch...e-Second-Plate

Territories: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa and Latin America

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answers/138768920285
    Food wars Blu-Ray Release?

Next year.

Leave a comment:

• WTK
    replied

Mention this here as well...
    Originally posted by WTK View Post
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma | Publisher: MAP (was Showgate for Season 1)

12:00:48 <bay|AX|Sentai> "The Dubs are coming"
    12:00:53 <bay|AX|Sentai> (with 8 titles circling it)
    12:01:26 <bay|AX|Sentai> Food Wars
    Last edited by WTK; 07-02-2016, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BigOnAnime
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (Seasons 1 &amp; 2)

A cookbook is unlikely, it'll instead have whatever was put in the Japanese release.

Leave a comment:

• Chisel
    replied
    Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (Seasons 1 &amp; 2)

Pretty much expected. Hope they do a CE for S1 (I'd be surprised beyond measure if they don't dub it) with a cookbook as an extra.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X