Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (Seasons 1 & 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma (Seasons 1 & 2)

Widgets Magazine
    Announcement via Anime Matsuri

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/...92929159229440

---EDIT---

via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    ?FOOD WARS! SHOKUGEKI NO SOMA?

HOUSTON, April 6, 2015 ? Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest acquisition Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, as part of their Spring 2015 anime season acquisitions. Adapted from the original work of Shun Saeki and Yuto Tsukuda, this comedy tournament series will pit a promising young cooking prodigy against a class of potential master chefs in a boiling hot battle to see who will reign supreme in the cooking arena!

Yoshitomo Yonetani will be directing the series, with series composition duties going to Shogo Yasukawa. Character designs will be provided by Tomoyuki Shitaya, with music duties going to Tatsuya Katou. Animation production will be handled by J.C. Staff, known for their work on A Certain Magical Index.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma is scheduled for an April 2015 release and will soon be available through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.
    Last edited by WTK; 04-25-2017, 07:16 AM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars

Thought this would go to viz since the manga ties, guess they dont want it :/
    AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma

Food Wars! (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Food-Wars/Info)

Schedule: Mon @ 3:25 PM Eastern, starting 5/4/2015
      Languages: Japanese w/ English Subtitles

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
        Food Wars! (http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Food-Wars/Info)

Schedule: Mon @ 3:25 PM Eastern, starting 5/4/2015
        Languages: Japanese w/ English Subtitles
        It's now starting to stream on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/food-wars.

Comment

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/131303941341
          Any news about a DanMachi, Shokugeki collector's edition?

Right now all of our energy is going toward trying to make a Nozaki-kun box set happen (cross your fingers!), but those two titles are definitely popular enough to warrant it. Right now we don't have a definitive answer, but keep asking, we're always listening.

Comment

Am i missing some context? When was a Food Wars collectors edition announced?
            AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

Originally posted by 27CansOfTuna View Post
              Am i missing some context? When was a Food Wars collectors edition announced?
              It wasn't. The person was just inquiring about the prospect of one being released. I'd pick one up because I really enjoyed the series.
              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/131544321501
                All of your recent dubs have been outstanding. So, is there any plans on Food Wars getting a dub!!?? Please let it be true!!!

Thanks, we're glad you guys are into them!

Food Wars was a big surprise. We had a strong feeling that it was going to be something really good, but the level at which the show took off with you guys was amazing. That always bodes well for a title when it comes down to deciding whether or not to dub it, so it's already got one feather in its cap.

Comment

I honestly would be pretty surprised if Food Wars doesn't end up getting dubbed considering how popular it was while airing.
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Ok so the second season is a given pick-up when the time comes. My question today is whether it's in the realm of possibility that Sentai can pick up and release the jump special that screened this fall and is coming out on DVD with Volume 18 in may. And include it with their release of Season one at some point. Have they picked up manga OVAs before? I'm drawing a blank.
                    My Anime List
                    YouTube <- I do collection Videos
                    Avatar: from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad

Comment

only thing that comes to mind is the HotD OVA.
                      other than that...?

Comment

They didnt pick up Haikyuu's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                          Ok so the second season is a given pick-up when the time comes. My question today is whether it's in the realm of possibility that Sentai can pick up and release the jump special that screened this fall and is coming out on DVD with Volume 18 in may. And include it with their release of Season one at some point. Have they picked up manga OVAs before? I'm drawing a blank.
                          Well, I hope that they can pick it up. But the thing to remember is that there are times when negotiations for OVA episodes go through a different party rather than the publisher. Viz explained that as I remember that there were people asking questions about why a certain series is released without its OVA episodes, and the rights were owned by the game or manga publisher, and their demands were just too cost-prohibitive from what I can remember. Similar situations have arisen for other such shows, but in general it all depends on who Sentai has to negotiate with in order to get it.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Carla, Fairy Tail
                          Watching: Dog Days", Urahara, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Koufuku Graffiti, Ushio and Tora, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, TOA-I, TSL, SAO, KTF, CQK, KMF, DAL, TSH, PNL, More TBD
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhys2753 View Post
                            Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't The World God Only Knows OVAs originally released with manga volumes?

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post
                              Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't The World God Only Knows OVAs originally released with manga volumes?
                              They initially were, but then later got standalone Blu-ray releases.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X