Widgets Magazine

Sentai Filmworks licenses Knights of Sidonia (Seasons 1 & 2, Movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sentai Filmworks licenses Knights of Sidonia (Seasons 1 & 2, Movie)

Widgets Magazine
    via PR...
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES
    “KNIGHTS OF SIDONIA”

HOUSTON, February 23, 2015Sentai Filmworks is proud to announce its latest license, Knights of Sidonia. Animated by POLYGON PICTURES and directed by Kobun Shizuno, this groundbreaking space opera depicts the last remnants of humanity as they struggle against an alien enemy in the cold vastness of space.

A thousand years after the alien Gauna destroyed the Earth, a small remnant of humanity still fights on to survive, fleeing on the gargantuan asteroid-based spaceship Sidonia. But centuries of flight and warfare have changed mankind in incredible ways: Genetic engineering has allowed humans to photosynthesize like plants, reproduction occurs through cloning, and a third gender has been created to balance the population. And, even though it’s been a century since the last encounter with the Gauna, military service is mandatory, with all those able enough enlisted to pilot the Garde robots that stand as Sidonia’s front line of defense. For Nagate Tanikaze, whose grandfather secretly hid him in the forgotten bowels of the spaceship, it’s a strange new world as he’s forced to come to the surface and join the ranks of defenders. Yet his recruitment comes just in time, for the Gauna have suddenly reappeared, and what could be man’s last battle will require every resource humanity has left. And what no one knows, yet, is that Nagate is not exactly what he seems, and a secret buried in his past may change the fate of ll mankind in KNIGHTS OF SIDONIA!

Knights of Sidonia will be available soon for home video on both Blu-ray and DVD
    http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/...ails-explained
    Q: Any chance for a CE/LE?
    A: YES, we will be doing a Collector's Edition of Knights of Sidonia, packed with exclusive content and other goodies.

Q: Does it have the same dub as the one on Netflix?
    A: YES, it will include the Dub included in the original US run of the series.

Q: Will your release use the same Japanese 5.1 audio track as the Japanese Blu-ray releases?
    A: YES, there will be a 5.1 Japanese audio track in the release. Additionally, we will also have an EXCLUSIVE 5.1 English mix as well. Other language/subtitles options include a spanish language track as well as Japanese 5.1 with English, Spanish and French subtitles.

A few more details:
    - We have acquired EXCLUSIVE "altrernate angles" for Knights of Sidonia. They could be considered Director's cuts of all epsiodes.
    - The set will also include Behind the Scenes extras, as well as footage from the KoS creators' Q&A panel in Japan and the Advanced Screening.
    - The Box set will come with extra exclusive art and goodies as well.
    Last edited by WTK; 02-23-2015, 08:50 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks licenses Knights of Sidonia

Happy to see this get picked up for home video. Will be getting the Blu Ray for this for sure
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Well, this certainly came out of nowhere. Now the question about Netflix will come up...
      My Collection: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...The-Collection
      My Reviews: http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...060-My-Reviews
      Avatar: Waver Velvet (Fate/Zero)

Comment

Awesome news. I greatly enjoyed this show and would love to have it on blu-ray.
        My Anime List - My Collection
        Avatar: Kirino Kousaka & Ruri "Kuro Neko" Gokou from the anime Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (OreImo).
        Adroc Thurston - "Don't beg for things. Do it yourself, or else you won't get anything."
        Anemone - "So many faces looking like they're thinking even though they're not. So disgusting."

Comment

I was wondering what exactly went on with all the licensing and stuff considering that it has been a Netflix exclusive and dubbed in LA that led me to believe that Viz would end up with the license. In any case, it's awesome that it's coming from them after it had looked like it was going to come from somebody else. Not to mention, a dub is already in place, though this means that Sentai will have to outsource for the second season.
          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
          Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
          Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Cool. Now did they sub-license this from Netflix or directly from Japan. And will the dub be a part of this package or be a Netflix exclusive meaning the DVD/BD be either sub-only or have a new dub?

Either way, more mecha for the shelf...

Comment

Nice. I don't have a subscription to Netflix (I used to, but switched to CR), but I did want to check this out someday. I guess I'll just wait for the BD.
              What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

I don't care about Knights of Sidonia, but seeing Sentai releasing a title that Netflix licensed and produced a dub for on Blu-ray and DVD is awesome news to me.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | iTunes

Comment

This is great news. I loved the show when it aired and can't wait for it on blu-ray and to check out the English dub. Great timing too seeing them most likely releasing it before the second season starts in November.
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

I really hope that Sentai redoes the subtitle track for the DVD/BD release, because Netflix's subtitles were dubtitles.

Comment

Looks like it'll be an LE release. I'm excited:

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/...85237565857793

@RTSBPhoenix YES! There will be a Limited Edition set of Knights of Sidonia.
                      "All's the world has anger issues" - Alphanega

My Anime Planet List

Comment

Originally posted by Alphanega View Post
                        Looks like it'll be an LE release. I'm excited:

https://twitter.com/Sentaifilmworks/...85237565857793

@RTSBPhoenix YES! There will be a Limited Edition set of Knights of Sidonia.
                        In that case, Sentai you have a deal with me. I'm looking forward to them releasing this show.
                        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                        Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                        Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I remember some speculation that Knights of Sidonia being a "Netflix exclusive" meant any possible disc sales over here would be handled in the new (and more expensive) "connected to Japan" fashion. That things are at last going ahead in the older way gets my attention; in any case I did find the series an intriguing adaptation of the manga, and I'll be watching to see how the release turns out.

Comment

Noted from their Facebook page that it will include 3 audio tracks:
                            Yes, it will include a 5.1 English mix which is exclusive to this set, and also the Spanish and Japanese Language tracks, and additionally Japanese with English, Spanish and French subtitles.
                            Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post
                            I really hope that Sentai redoes the subtitle track for the DVD/BD release, because Netflix's subtitles were dubtitles.
                            Maybe you should bring it up on their twitter or Facebook page.

Comment

Knights of Sidonia Release Details Explained
                              • YES, we will be doing a Collector's Edition of Knights of Sidonia, packed with exclusive content and other goodies.
                              • YES, it will include the Dub included in the original US run of the series.
                              • YES, there will be a 5.1 Japanese audio track in the release. Additionally, we will also have an EXCLUSIVE 5.1 English mix as well. Other language/subtitles options include a spanish language track as well as Japanese 5.1 with English, Spanish and French subtitles.
                              • We have acquired EXCLUSIVE "altrernate angles" for Knights of Sidonia. They could be considered Director's cuts of all epsiodes.
                              • The set will also include Behind the Scenes extras, as well as footage from the KoS creators' Q&A panel in Japan and the Advanced Screening.
                              • The Box set will come with extra exclusive art and goodies as well.
                              Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X