Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith Palmer
    replied
    This does remind me I've still got some ADV DVDs yet to open (along with some Bandai Entertainment and Geneon titles...) I have to admit I didn't visit their site very much even when the company was around (under that name, anyway).

Leave a comment:

• kusanagi-sama
    replied
    Well, that's weird. Its back up now. I guess they didn't realize the domain had expired until now.

However, attempting to ping www.advfilms.com results in a ping timeout, and doing a tracert winds up having a request timeout after the 9th hop.
    Last edited by kusanagi-sama; 06-21-2017, 03:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hayate Kurogane
    replied
    Originally posted by kusanagi-sama View Post
    Just checked on this last night, the website domain has expired. Its a standard Network Solutions under construction page.

The domain is owned by some "Perfect Privacy LLC" in Florida
    http://whois.domaintools.com/advfilms.com
    Perfect Privacy is a company that's part of the Web.com group just like Network Solutions. The purpose of the company is, as the name suggests, to provide (optional) privacy for domain registrants by shielding their company info such that public records in the WHOIS database all show only Perfect Privacy's information instead of the registrant's, which helps reduce spam, unnecessary contact, etc.

So it doesn't mean the domain has expired, or for that matter that anything has necessarily happened to whatever ADV currently is, just that whoever is technically in charge of the ADV entity at this point (still Ledford, I think) decided that there wasn't any need to have an actual webpage up with active content, and that it was probably a good idea to further reduce the company's public profile by making it as private as possible.

Leave a comment:

• BlaizeV
    replied
    I wonder why they never rereleased Rahxephon? I have the JPN BD Box but I'm surprised ADV never saw fit to release the show on Blu Ray themselves like they did with Elfen Lied.

Leave a comment:

• kusanagi-sama
    replied
    Just checked on this last night, the website domain has expired. Its a standard Network Solutions under construction page.

The domain is owned by some "Perfect Privacy LLC" in Florida
    http://whois.domaintools.com/advfilms.com

Leave a comment:

• RTSBPhoenix
    replied
    Re: ADV Films Status?

You know, I wonder if this would have something to do with them taking it over as Sentai Select possibly.

Leave a comment:

• dragonrider_cody
    replied

Just to see what happens, I submitted my email. I received message asking me to confirm my email, so I did. I guess we will have to see what comes of this.

Leave a comment:

• BigOnAnime
    replied

Not sure if this could mean anything, but I randomly checked the page again and now this pops up when you go to the site. http://i.imgur.com/xlm3sdo.png

Leave a comment:

• dragonrider_cody
    replied

As I said before, I really do believe it's just some of their design staff having a little fun. I too wouldn't be surprised if it went away permanently after that date. It really doesn't seem that anyone in Houston seems real interested in resurrecting the past. Sentai is a strong label for them that is continuing to grow. There are also Greenfield's Maiden Japan and Switchblade, plus Sentai's Kracken films. There really is no need to breath life into the ADV label. ADV wouldn't be able to do anything the other companies can't already do themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Tratious View Post
    Hmmm the domain is set to expire 09(Sept)-03-2015
    I would think that it goes away after that date for good, but considering that it's still here even though ADV is long gone must mean something.

Leave a comment:

• Tratious
    replied

Hmmm the domain is set to expire 09(Sept)-03-2015

Leave a comment:

• AgentX
    replied

Originally posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
    Diamond Daydreams
    Divergence Eve
    Elfen Lied
    Lady Death
    Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
    Mahoromatic
    Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
    Nanaka 6/17
    Night Raid 1931 (or was this early Sentai?)
    Parasite Dolls
    Pet Shop of Horrors
    Princess Tutu
    RahXephon TV & movie
    Sin
    from that list, the following are Sentai:

Night Raid 1931
    Divergence Eve (license rescue)
    Mahoromatic (rescue)
    Pet Shop of Horrors (rescue)

Leave a comment:

• Shiroi Hane
    replied

Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie View Post
    I asked in the News thread, but what titles do ADV films still hold?
    The pre-split up licenses that I know are still current are:

Diamond Daydreams
    Divergence Eve
    Elfen Lied
    Lady Death
    Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
    Mahoromatic
    Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok
    Nanaka 6/17
    Night Raid 1931 (or was this early Sentai?)
    Parasite Dolls
    Pet Shop of Horrors
    Princess Tutu
    RahXephon TV & movie
    Sin

Leave a comment:

• Steve_the_Talking_Pie
    replied

Originally posted by bearcounty View Post
    I doubt it'll be anything like that. If anything they'll just release classic ADV titles and that'll probably be it.
    There are some ADV titles I need on Blu-ray, so that would work.

I would also take DVD for some older re-releases of stuff that never made it to DVD (provided they still have the rights).

Leave a comment:

• bearcounty
    replied

I doubt it'll be anything like that. If anything they'll just release classic ADV titles and that'll probably be it.

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X