X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ADV Films Status?

Originally posted by Razzamatazz Buckshank View Post
    Originally posted by bs3311 View Post
    People at Seraphim moving to different studio buildings.
    When did people at Seraphim Digital start moving over to different buildings
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe ADV's recording studio, Industrial Smoke & Mirrors, was always in a separate building, and it was renamed Seraphim Digital when the company split. They even appear to be operating independently, and have non-Section 23 related clients: http://www.seraphimdigital.com/
    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

According to Chris Ayres when he had to move. Ohayocon 2015: Chris Ayres and Shin Kurokawa, my recorded video.

Originally posted by Legion View Post

Source?
      Micheal Rienas. Co founder of Ohio Anime Guys. Met him at Ohayocon. He heard it from a un recorded interview he had with someone. Even I'm taking it with a grain of salt since I stated, "supposedly."

Comment

Micheal Rienas. Co founder of Ohio Anime Guys. Met him at Ohayocon. He heard it from a un recorded interview he had with someone. Even I'm taking it with a grain of salt since I stated, "supposedly."
        Without some kind of link I can't even give it the grain of salt.
        "Pledge $1000 or more: I will yell your name really loud while I chase a duck."
        -My Collection
        --[plug] I review and blog about anime at Akemi's Anime World [/plug]

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWarrior13 View Post
          People at Seraphim moving to different studio buildings.
          Don't quote me on this, but I believe ADV's recording studio, Industrial Smoke & Mirrors, was always in a separate building, and it was renamed Seraphim Digital when the company split. They even appear to be operating independently, and have non-Section 23 related clients: http://www.seraphimdigital.com/
          Offering their services to outside clients would not be new, indeed. IS&M did the same. They have to; empty studio time is money lost, and even ADV at its peak wouldn't have kept it going every day of the week.
          Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
          TFP Forum Rules

Comment

@PurpleWarrior13: Yes, Seraphim Digital (formerly Amusement Park Media) is located in a separate building from Sentai/Section23 (address: 14027 Memorial Dr. #318 Houston, TX 77079-6826), though I'm probably gonna bet that its predecessor (ADV Studios and Industrial Smoke & Mirrors were located directly in ADV's headquarters just like Funi's recording facilities).

Still I wonder why Sentai uses it aside from the fact that it's located in the same area as they are (Houston).

Originally posted by bctaris View Post
            Offering their services to outside clients would not be new, indeed. IS&M did the same. They have to; empty studio time is money lost, and even ADV at its peak wouldn't have kept it going every day of the week.
            When did IS&M offer their service to oustide clients.

Comment

The PS2 game Unlimited Saga had it's English track recorded at IS&M, plus they did the dub for Full Metal Panic! TSR for Kadokawa USA.
              Avatar: Superboy from Young Justice.

My MAL Profile, Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by deathfromabove1993 View Post

The PS2 game Unlimited Saga had it's English track recorded at IS&M, plus they did the dub for Full Metal Panic! TSR for Kadokawa USA.
                Sure, stuff in the medium. But while I might be thinking more of latter-day items while it was re-branded "Amusement Park Media" (or, before that, "ADV Studios"), what I meant was that there was (and, with Seraphim, intends to be) scattered work for small domestic (non-anime) Texas productions, simply as benefit of being a recording/post-prod. facility.
                Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
                TFP Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Otakufan View Post
                  Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
                  I find it odd that this page is still up, albeit with only with some sort of changing counter. Anyway, there are quite a number of titles that were a part of ADV that I am hoping gets rescued someday like Angelic Layer, Azumanga Daioh, and Rahxephon.
                  Those three really deserve to be license rescued. Daioh is definitely one of the best of the slice of life comedies out there, Rahxephon is right up there with Eva in terms of quality and importance and Angelic Layer was one of the most addictive little series I ever watched.

J. A.
                  I don't know if we will ever see Angelic Layer physically released in the US again, at least not for a while anyway. Warner Brothers appears to have rights to it right now, and they were, and may still be streaming it on one of their websites here.

As for all of this, I think people may be reading too much into it. Most of the Sentai, Maiden Japan, and Anime Network sites are all run by the same people, though they are often getting pay checks from more than one of the companies. For instance, some TAN peeps also work for Sentai, but get paid separately by both. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was just feeling nostalgic and decided to have some fun. Perhaps they could just be saying goodbye before the website is taken offline permanently. I honestly wouldn't get too excited over it, though Sentai has been known to be full of surprises.

As for the whole Funi lawsuit, all we know is that it was settled. Considering operational changes in both companies, it's likely that Funimation got some money from the deal. However, since it was settled, it's unlikely that it was anywhere near the original amount. If they were going to pay the full amount, the Section 23 companies would have been further ahead to just take it to trial. The only disadvantage would have been that it would have been much more difficult to keep the proceedings quiet, though it could have been possible that the court would have the closed the proceedings and sealed the records, which is not uncommon in cases like this.

Comment

Not too noteworthy, but I decided to figure out when the ADV site changed. The last time it gave the press release was at least December 21, 2014. It's had the counter since at least February 9.

Still curious if anything will ever come about as the counter has been around for a few weeks now.
                    Anime DVD/BD Easter Egg Index | MAL | Anime-Planet | Anime BDs | Anime DVDs | Manga | MFC

Comment

Besides, even if the ADV brand does return, what else would change? It would probably just be Sentai under a different name.
                      Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

FWIW, when I tried to access the site just now, it says the server can't be found.

Regardless, it will certainly be interesting to see if anything comes out of this whole thing. I guess it's just a wait and see for now.
                        Last edited by tigeress02; 02-25-2015, 08:29 AM.
                        What I've Been Watching ~ DVD Collection

Comment

Originally posted by skittles View Post
                          Nope showing a splash and counter for me.

From what I can tell the six numbers are currently meaningless and random.

$(document).ready(function () {
                          window.setInterval(count, 250);
                          });

var s = 1;

function count() {
                          resize();
                          for (var i = 0; i < 6; i++) {
                          var number = Math.floor(Math.random() * 9);
                          $('#n' + i).attr({ src: '/images/number_' + number + '.png' });
                          }
                          }
                          They have images for 0-8 (doesn't seem to have number 9?) and it just seems to be popping them in randomly.

EDIT: Although they do have an image for 9, so seems they just screwed up their code to include it.

http://www.advfilms.com/images/number_9.png
                          Someone fixed it as the number 9 is now in rotation in the counter. Clearly, something is up and I guess the ADV Films will be back in some form. Anime Boston is pretty soon, a good place for some news. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post
                            FWIW, when I tried to access the site just now, it says the server can't be found.

Regardless, it will certainly be interesting to see if anything comes out of this whole thing. I guess it's just a wait and see for now.
                            Seems fine, the page is still up and has a counter that now includes the 9 in rotation. Check again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyG View Post
                              Originally posted by tigeress02 View Post

Seems fine, the page is still up and has a counter that now includes the 9 in rotation. Check again.
                              Someone saw that we were talking about them.
                              I love my sons Lucas & Joseph!
                              - My Anime List - My PSN Profile -

Comment

They may return in a non-anime capacity. Remember ADV also used to sell things like the American live-action sci-fi TV series Andromeda.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                                Widgets Magazine
                                Working...
                                X